main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Running a Marathon in Stormtrooper Armor for Charity

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jayne, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    was sent this email from some Dragon*Con people, and since I'm poor I'll do my part by spreading the news. This message is from Cheralyn Lambeth, a great lady who does panels in the Dragon*Con Costuming Track, and I believe the Star Wars Track as well. She's going to be running a marathon IN STORMTROOPER ARMOR to raise money for the American Cancer society in memory of Katie Johnson, the daughter of a prominent 501st member who recently died of a brain tumor at age 7. This is a great cause, so let's all help by donating or spreading the word to fans!

Cheralyn's email:

Dear Friends and Family,

This summer I will be participating in a half marathon. Through this event, I've joined the American Cancer Society's Team ACS which will allow me to raise funds for and awareness about cancer. In fact, did you know that in the United States, one in every four deaths is caused by cancer? At some point, we're all touched by this disease. With your support we can make a difference and continue to fund much-needed cancer research and provide programs and services to those affected by the disease.

Please support the fight against cancer by:

* Joining Team ACS- click here to join Team ACS.
    http://teamacs.acsevents.org/

* Making a donation - click here to visit my personal page and make a secure, tax-deductible donation online. Or, if you want to send a check by mail, please make the check payable to the ACS/TeamACS and mail it to the address at the bottom of this email.

http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1060&px=1066644

* Forward this email - please send this email to your friends
    and family on my behalf and ask them to visit my participant
    center to support my efforts.

Every bit helps, so thank you in advance for any support you can provide!

Sincerely,

Cheralyn Lambeth

To donate online, click here to visit my personal page.
    http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1060&px=1066644

Please send checks to the address below and be sure to put my name in the memo field:
    American Cancer Society/Team ACS
    19 West 56 Street
    New York, NY 10019

2. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Wow! I have great respect for you! I ran in the kids marathon at FIDM last month I think it was; and it's not easy. I went about 8-10 blocks and was dying. I recommend a camel pack and fans (both in the helm and on the sidelines ;-)). I am looking forward to hear how it went and the ins and outs of running in armor that far...

I also think it's great that this is for charity. I remember getting the email about katie and cried. She was always talked about and such a motivation for everyone; and I never even met her. She will be remembered always and has had her name added to the fallen members list on the X-Wing.

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I've reposted this on my city's board. Hopefully we can raise some money for her between now and the marathon this summer.

~Doc_Bev

4. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Best of luck to you.

I'll see about passing this on to my City Forum.

5. Padme18

Padme18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    Good luck to her. That has to be hard to run in and hot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.