main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Running Away. (Qui/Obi. Angst) Sequel to Patience *Complete* Thanks for the noms!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    What do you mean it's the final chapter?:eek: That's just not possible! You just get yourself back that computer and start the sequel!

By the way, wonderful job, my friend. =D= I agree with Val in that I think you need to keep on with this all the way to TPM! [face_praying]

2. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    It's over?! :( More sequels![face_praying] But we're going to get more from Game of Death, so I'm happy. [:D]

3. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Fantastic conclusion! Really well done! =D=

I join the chorus in saying I too hope for a sequel.

4. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Wonderful update/conclusion. And yes, I'm going to ignore your directive and ask for a sequel to continue this wonderful story. In the meantime I'll just enjoy an update on Game of Death ;) I hope to read more from you soon!

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww, what a beautiful ending! :D

They're master and padawan at last! [face_dancing]

I really loved this story from beginning to end, thank you for sharing it with us! =D=

And I'm so glad to hear you haven't given up on The Game of Death, I really really loved that story! I can't wait to read more of it! [face_dancing]

6. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    Obi-Wan finally saw it all in one startling moment of clarity.

And the answer rocked him to the core.

It?s not me that you fear. His eyes widened at the revelation. It was not about him or anything he could do or change. Qui-Gon feared the failings in himself. Feared leading Obi-Wan down the same path that he had lead Xanatos if he let him follow. Tainting him with his shortcomings as a teacher.

You don?t fear me, Qui-Gon. You fear yourself.

I loved this bit where you showed Obi-Wan's sudden moment of illumination where he understands that Qui-Gon's rejection is out of fear of his own vulnerabilities rather than any fault of Obi-Wan's.

I don?t think so, he thought, struggling to his feet as the tall Master disappeared into the dark. No matter what he would not let Qui-Gon go without him. Qui-Gon was letting his fear drive him and that shocked Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master. He should know better.

I was so glad to see both Obi-Wan's compassionate understanding and the stubborn determination that underlies it. He won't allow Qui-Gon to avoid the will of the force out of fear of all things. Yea!

Wonderful storytelling! If you happen to decide to continue [face_batting], I'll be reading. :D

7. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Wow, what an intense read, together with 'Patience' (thank you Valairy for leading me to these stories!!!).

Patience was so full of Qui-Gon's emotions, with Obi-Wan as a kind of catalist for what was eating him inside. And this one was full of Obi-Wan's, until at the end again Qui-Gon's emotions came through so very, very strong. And he finally opened up to Obi-Wan and with it to his own fear that it *was* his fault that Xanatos had turned. And now he showed such fear he would do the same to Obi-Wan if he took him on.... Foolish, maybe, but broken hearts and emotions that have not be dealt with can do that to a person... and he has lived with this such a long time :_|

I think it was good for Qui-Gon that he was forced to see who and what Xanatos really was. Also in the contrast between Xanatos' personality and the kind of bright and loving person Obi-Wan is. That maybe his love had blinded him, but that Xanatos had always been... Xanatos. It finally set him free, and with that it gave Obi-Wan the chance he so much deserved, but also *happy gasp* the realization he so needed that it wasn't his fault Qui-Gon kept his distance. A perfect ending IMO [:D]

By the way, I loved the almost hypnotic power of Xanatos' voice, as if he had found a new form of Force persuasion; it made me wonder how maybe he had been manipulating Qui-Gon in their years together [face_thinking]

And I'm very sure that I've done something wrong here; I've never read the JA books, in fact I only just got some of them, including the first three - and that means I will be reading them *after* your powerful story. I'm a bit worried how they will be holding up to this [face_laugh]

8. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    There's nothing more to say than:
    Just perfect!!! =D= =D= =D=

9. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    What a wonderful chapter! Pity the story ended so quickly :)
    Thanks for such a nice answer, I think I might agree to some extent.

Obi-Wan is just an example of spirit and stamina and I love his determination to stay by the Master's side until his last breath. Qui-Gon, however, disappointed a bit by his coldness. Can't imagine him running ahead and jumping into the boat not caring to turn around and see how the boy is doing. He wasabsolutely exhausted after all. But I simply adored the part where Master Jinn lowers his shields and allows Obi-Wan into his soul. =D=

And again thank you for the story, I enjoyed it very much!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry I'm so late. I was on vacation.

This was marvelous. You really should rewrite the JA books. I think you captured both of them so beautifully. I loved the two fight scenes and how you played it out. Very exciting even though I knew how it would end.

I also loved the revelation:

Obi-Wan stopped, startled. Qui-Gon was suddenly thrown wide open to him. This was not just about this moment and the danger of him falling to Xanatos blade. This was about everything. Qui-Gon?s eyes were filled with tearing emotion, the shutters flung open, and staring into the blue depths Obi-Wan finally saw it all in one startling moment of clarity.

And the answer rocked him to the core.

It?s not me that you fear. His eyes widened at the revelation. It was not about him or anything he could do or change. Qui-Gon feared the failings in himself. Feared leading Obi-Wan down the same path that he had lead Xanatos if he let him follow. Tainting him with his shortcomings as a teacher.

You don?t fear me, Qui-Gon. You fear yourself.

Stunned speechless he stared, but as quickly as the window to Qui-Gon?s soul opened it was closed. ?Please stay here, Obi-Wan,? he said expressionlessly, before turning and racing away after Xanatos.

Shaking himself out of his surprise, Obi-Wan braced himself.

I don?t think so, he thought, struggling to his feet as the tall Master disappeared into the dark. No matter what he would not let Qui-Gon go without him. Qui-Gon was letting his fear drive him and that shocked Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master. He should know better.

Back in his prison he had marvelled at the Master?s ability to forgive those around him. Why was Qui-Gon finding it so hard to forgive himself?

Brilliant!

11. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the nominations! I thought this fic was long forgotten :D

Btw I may consider continuing this series once Game is complete :)

12. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Seriously, you should've written jedi apprentice instead of jude watson! awesome! =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.