main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

////Running From the Galaxy//// (Obi-Torture! :) THIS IS FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    "Is she taking it pretty hard?"
    "Well, I think he took her slap pretty hard, but she's holding her own."
    - [face_laugh] You go Siri!

I hope Qui-Gon manages to either find Obi-Wan or to prove his innocence. I'm not sure what I want him to do more... Hmm, I think he should do both. Couldn't be too hard, could it? I mean, he's a Jedi Master! ;)

I hope you have a post for your readers. If not they could just decide to form a mob. Trust me, you don't want that to happen *shudders*

2. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Up!! :)

3. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Snowbee: *laughs* Thank you! I hope Barz learned his lesson ;)

Nat: Thanx! :D Yeah, I hate it when people make Bant upset, especially since she takes it so personally :(

Shirley: :D Glad you liked that part Shirley! Yeah really! Qui you're a Jedi Master! You're supposed to be able to save your Padawan, prove him innocent, create a cure for cancer, and fly around the world changing it's rotation ;) And thanx for the advice! I like to avoid mobs for...obvious reasons ;)

"There's Malastar!" Joiy pointed out the small view port on the escape pod. Obi-Wan sighed in relive, at least that was something. Suddenly a ship took off from the planet's surface, it was a good distance away from the pod, but there was no mistaking his Master's presence. For a brief instant Obi-Wan let down his guard.

~~~Qui-Gon I--~~~

Obi-Wan quickly resumed the shield. He wanted to see Qui-Gon, to talk to him, but it was too dangerous for his master, and Qui-Gon would really want to talk to him anyway. Joiy was looking at Obi-Wan in a queer manner.

"You okay?" She asked. He nodded.

"Fine, are you sure we'll make the landing okay?"

"Um," Joiy glanced at the fast approaching planet. "No, but it'll be interesting." Obi-Wan had to admit he was very comfortable with Joiy; she had a quick wit and she was always cheerful. He had missed having friends.

The planet was getting closer faster then Obi-Wan thought was probably good for them. They plummeted towards the surface, but fortunately this model of pod had repulser lifts that should insure a safe landing. Obi-Wan suddenly saw something that made his heart jump. He gazed out at the green expanse, the murky color made him worry. "Um, Joiy, is that a swamp?" She bit her lip.

"Yeah,"

"Oh, just wondering." Obi-Wan sat back in the pod. Their landing was much as he expected it to be. They caused a slight ripple through the thick, muddy slime, and started to sink. "This isn't good," Obi-Wan commented. Joiy shook her head.

"Well, I guess we should get out." Obi-Wan popped the hatch and the two escapees climbed up on top of the quickly sinking pod.

"What do you think?" Obi-Wan said trying to keep from panicking.

"Well," Joiy studied the far shore line. "The bad news is that that shore line is very far away, and the bad news is, we've probably got fifteen minutes before this thing becomes one with the swamp." Obi-Wan looked at the girl.

"Is there any good news?"

"Not as of yet, but I'm thinking."

Obi-Wan looked at the shore gauging the distance, then he looked above them.

"Okay," He said. "I have a my liquid cable, if I could just catch that branch there, we could swing across, it will extend that far."

"I really hate to break this to you Obi-Wan," Joiy said staring up at the branch. "But that thing wouldn't hold a Calca beetle, let alone two teenagers." Obi-Wan shrugged.

"Well we have to take that chance."

"What about the one above it?" Joiy wondered aloud.

"It's too far," Obi-Wan shook his head. "I couldn't reach it with the launcher.

"Well what if someone attached it to that lower branch, just one person, and climbed up to the second branch, hung on and slung the cable over it?"

Obi-Wan stared at her then back at the branch.

"That could work," He nodded, pulling out the cable. Joiy suddenly put a hand over his.

"Uh uh, no you don't." She shook her curly head.

"What do you mean?"

"You're not going up there mister five foot eight. You'll snap that thing in two! I'm going; I'm the smallest."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. "Believe me sometimes I wish I weren't this tall."

Joiy smiled and took the cable. "Okay let's get this thing up there."

Obi-Wan nodded and shot it up into the rotted branch. The climb was treacherous. Joiy was trying to be as light as possible and at the same time climb to the thicker branch. Obi-Wan was slowly sinking with the pod. He watched, tense as she grabbed hold of the strong branch with one hand, taking the cable she tried to attach it to the far

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I just realized something as I was reading a post a few posts back... Sirus! Running away from authorities because he was falsely accused of a crime? Sounds like a certain wizard to me! ;) Ok, now I'm back to reading the last few posts!

KG :cool:

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ok, I read them. Cool posts! I really like Joiy!

More soon please! :D

KG :cool:

6. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Those two are in trouble... I hope Qui-Gon will find them soon!

7. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    I totally agree with you, Nat.

Oh, and good that you heeded my advice SiriGallia.

8. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :)Up! :)

9. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Kenobisgirl: Ha! That's funny, I'd actually forgotten about that! I wrote this before I read Prisioner of Azkaban though ;) Glad you like Joiy! :D

Nat: DEFINATELY! But that's what they're SUPPOSED to do! ;)

Shirley: Yeah, advice against mobs is ALWAYS good advice ;)

Chapter 8

There was only one building on the road. Some didn't even know it existed, but it was there. The dark man, Rith'ion, stared at his comlink, he was standing in this lone broken down building. His eyes flared.

"What do you take me for! You were supposed to have it under control!" The man on the other end said something that didn't please Rith'ion. "Don't give me excuses! Give me answers, now, I want him dead, now!" The unfortunate man on the other end murmured something else and Rith'ion cut the communication. His silver eyes flared angrily. "Jinn."

Chancellor Laldilan was giving Qui-Gon a headache. "Sir you don't understand, there is a certain amount of 'innocent until proven guilty' still at large in the Republic is there not?" Laldilan was starting to look pinched.

"Master Jinn, your apprentice is dangerous, we can't prove him guilty, we don't have time for that." Qui-Gon sank into the chair across from the Chancellor.

"You have to call this off before he gets killed; it will be a murder if he's innocent Laldilan, a murder for which you issued a 'go ahead'." That had obviously touched a nerve in the Chancellor.

"Jinn, do not cross these dangerous boarders; you are only asking for trouble." Qui-Gon wasn't finished yet.

"Laldilan, how do you know the boy has anything of the kind?" He was bluffing he knew, because Tahl had just told him that Obi-Wan did have something that he shouldn't. Laldilan, however, didn't necessarily know that.

"My trusted Senator, Rith'ion, Senator and current leader of Jonangos." he paused. "He apparently knew that Obi-Wan had them and he has proof of the exchange as well. He had been putting surveillance cameras in alleys for quite some time, looking for spice dealers, and he recorded the meeting."

"Where?" Qui-Gon jumped.

"That's classified, Jinn." Laldilan replied hotly.

"I'm sorry Chancellor, but I have a right to see it. Obi-Wan is legally my ward and I am permitted to know his whereabouts; I believe you upgraded that law's authenticity three months ago, did you not?" Laldilan didn't appreciate the statement.

"Well, I suppose I can stretch a few rules and get you permission." The Chancellor summoned one of his secretaries to give Qui-Gon the correct holo pad.

"Thank you sir." Qui-Gon went into an adjacent room and played the recording. Qui-Gon could see Obi-Wan walking down a street, a man suddenly approached him. The figure was hooded, he handed Obi-Wan a data pad. The man said something else and Obi-Wan nodded. The man walked away and Obi-Wan put the data pad in his pocket. Qui-Gon closed his eyes. That was definitely viable evidence. He had to go see Tahl and show it to her.

10. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yes, Detective Qui, you're on the right track. Now find your trouble magnet of an apprentice before anything worse happens to him!

Excellent job, SiriGallia!

11. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great posts :) !!!

Obi and Joiy are cute [face_love] !!! But Qui-Gon has to find them soon !!! They are both very troublesome :) !!!

I don´t think I like this senator and I don´t like the chancellor as well :) !!!

PLEASE POST SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

12. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I can't believe I missed so much ! I love this story ! :) Keep the good work up !

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey great posts Siri!!!!
    Ahhh.....they really do have evidence against Obi now.....or they think they do!

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: 'Trouble Magnet of an appretnice' ;) LOL! That's too true! :D

Angel: Glad you like Joiy and Obi! And yes, Qui'd better move it! No knowing WHAT those two might get themselves into! :D

Erin: Glad to have you back! :)

Snowbee: Yep! That's the problem all right ;)

Obi-Wan had never been happier to see a city. He was so tired of traipsing through the swamp lands and was very happy to see signs of life.

"I'm hungry," Joiy said matter-of-factly. "How about we get something to eat?

"Sounds good," Obi-Wan nodded, "I haven't eaten anything for three days."

Joiy stared at him. "We had one meal in the swamp."

Obi-Wan bit his lip and tried to look somewhere else. Joiy pursed her lips. "You put it back didn't you?" Obi-Wan didn't answer. "Oh you did!" Joiy exclaimed. "Obi-Wan that was crazy!"

"Well if we didn't get out I wanted to go first, I did, after all, get you into this in the first place."

"I came voluntarily," Joiy reminded him. "Don't do that again. Do you think I like the idea of being a suspected secret agent for the 'kid from HoloNet' all by myself?" Obi-Wan smiled and shook his head. "Okay, I guess I'll be ordering." They picked a restaurant where the could take the food and go. Joiy was inside for about five minutes. Obi-Wan had donned the hood of his cloak and waited outside. Soon Joiy came back out and handed him his food. They sat down by a large fountain and quickly ate their meal. Obi-Wan gazed out at the group of people. He saw a little boy playing with his older sister. She set him down and let him walk around. Suddenly the little boy wandered into the main street. Obi-Wan saw a speeder barreling down the street and took action. He ran forward into the street and grabbed the little boy. Joiy jumped up and ran after him. Obi-Wan had rolled out of the street still holding the boy. He got up and the older sister quickly hurried away with her little brother in tow. In the process Obi-Wan's hood had fallen down revealing his face.

"That's that Kenobi kid isn't it?" One Malastarian murmured in a nazel voice. Obi-Wan didn't have the time to run before three blasters were pointed at him and Joiy who had just reached his side. Obi-Wan pulled out his lightsaber, he caught the first blaster bolts then turned and ran back down an alley, he wanted to keep the fight close together so that he couldn't be surrounded. Joiy looked around for something useful, she grabbed up a discarded blaster and stood next to Obi-Wan. All the people in the main street was staying away from the alleyway. Good. No one would get hurt. He saw the blaster Joiy had picked up.

"Set it for stun," he said deflecting three blaster bolts into the brick wall.

"How do I do that?" Joiy asked. "I've never even held a blaster before!"

"Flick that control setting along the top." Obi-Wan directed, worrying about Joiy's safety using a weapon she had never held before. Suddenly Joiy turned.

"Obi-Wan we've got trouble." Obi-Wan turned his head briefly and caught sight of three more Malastarians attempting to sneak up behind them. Joiy shot into the midst of them. Rungs of blue stun blasts shot from the weapon, Obi-Wan was shocked that she had managed to fell one, but now he was having to try and protect them on both sides, he didn't know how long he could hold out.

Tahl shook her head as Qui-Gon described the scene. "This definitely a problem. The Chancellor thinks he has good evidence."

"It just doesn't seem like Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon was staring at the holo. "He doesn't just take thing that are offered to him, he would have been suspicious." Tahl flicked up the volume and started adjusting the sound contrast.

"I want to hear what they're saying."

"Can you do that?" Qui-Gon was skeptical.

"Oh, yeah. If they were talking loud enough the camera has a little mike, it might have picked it up." For a moment she adjusted the contrast, then she had it. "Okay listen close." Qui-Gon did. The man was speaking. Here boy, take this. Qui-Gon

15. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    That man "sprayed" Obi-Wan? Eeewwww! :D

Are those guys totally stupid? I don't like making quick judgments but in this case... People dumb enough to attack a boy who just saved a kid, man! The galaxy really *is* in big trouble!

Post again soon, SiriGallia! :)

16. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :) Up!

17. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Uppers!
    Good post Siri!

18. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    More soon I hope! Any Obi angst on the way! I hope sooooooo. Yummy Obi Angst!

NEEDS POST!

19. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Great post !!!!

Poor Obi, at first he saved the lttle boy´s life and for this he is attacked!!! *grr*

Joiy is learning quickly!! :)
    They are a really good team!! Now they only have to survive ;) !!

Finally Qui-Gon and Tal find something, I hope it´s not too late!!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

20. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: Yes, it's very true! The galaxy is going down the drain, but you know, I don't think they even cared what he did. They didn't have ANYTHING to do with that kid and they wanted money! Ah well...

Snowbee: Thanx!! :D

Ganki: Oh yes! We live for Obi/Qui angst don't we ;) :D

Angel: *echoes* Grr! Those people are SO annoying! :D Yes, Obi and Joiy work well together! :)

Chapter 9

Gare moved to the lobby of the run-down inn. He had spent enough time on Malastar, and now he had a nice slicing job they wanted him for on Tatooine, it a was a far out planet but he was happy to do some traveling. He shouldered his pack of equipment. He checked out of the inn, it was very shabby, but Gare had no idea just how wealthy he was, he just couldn't bare to do anything but slicer work. He waved to the lady behind the receptionist counter and grabbed the handle to the door. He swung it open, it opened out onto an ally way, this he had known, what he hadn't known, or expected was that a young man would push him to ground. Gare heard a blaster bolt sizzle over his head. The receptionist screamed and hid behind her desk. Gare got to his feet. The young man who had saved him was running to the opposite door, an attractive young woman racing after him, blaster fire cutting the ground behind them. Gare had nothing for it, he was leaving anyway, he tore after to the two teens. Out in the main street the two people started weaving through the crowd, Gare continued to follow them. He could tell they were trying to escape. Suddenly they ducked around into an ally.

"It's no good, we need a ship." The young man breathed. The girl risked a glance around the brick wall. Their pursuers were making good time.

"Um, hey," Gare interrupted. "I have a ship, do you need a lift?"

"Better not," The young man replied, his blue-green eyes flashing. "There's a good chance we could get you into a lot of trouble." Gare shrugged.

"Just following you got me that." Obi-Wan heard blaster fire crack against the wall.

"Okay, thanks." The two teens followed after Gare. He noted that the boy had a laser bar that kept deflecting the blaster fire. Gare was curious where something like that would come from. Luckily the ship wasn't far away and the three teens had gotten up the ramp before the Malastarians had rounded the corner. Gare ran for the consul and after checking the coordinates he hit the repulser release, Malastar disappeared as Gare got them into space. He was breathing hard, but not as hard as his two tag-a-longs. "Thank you," The young man breathed. "I'm Sirus, and this is my sister Mili." Gare grinned, he had finally gotten a good look at the young man.

"No, your that Obi-Wan kid from HoloNet." Obi-Wan flopped down into the co pilot seat.

"I give up. Maybe I should just tell everyone that, at least I'll have the benefit of know who's going to be chasing me." The girl laughed.

"Yes, and I'm really Joiy." She shook hands with the slicer.

"I'm Gare, nice to meet you both. Oh and welcome to the Nova. He gestured to the ship. Obi-Wan nodded.

"Pleased to meet you Gare," Gare sat down in the pilot's seat.

"So everyone says that you took these plans to destroy Corascant. Is it true?"

"I didn't do it if that's what you mean, I was given plans but it wasn't my fault I got saddled with it."

"I know," Gare turned. "Or at least I guessed, you didn't seem like someone who could do that. I mean Corascant is the center of the universe." Obi-Wan bit his lip.

"If you went by these plans, you'd be surprised how many people could do it."

"Can I see them?" Gare asked. Obi-Wan handed him a data pad. The slicer looked over the plans. "Galaxy of clouds." He breathed. "Someone actually came up with this?"

"Apparently." Obi-Wan nodded. "But we don't know who," He sighed. "And I don't know what to do with that thing."

"I'm afraid you aren't left with too many options."

"What do you mean?"

"You can't destroy it, it would make your gui

21. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Cool! Come on everybody! "Hello, Gare!" ;) I already like him.

Now our duo is becoming a trio, which means even more chances for them to get in trouble, which leads to hurt and angst, and that leads to more Obi/Qui mush! :D I've never been very good in mathematics but I like that equation! I can't wait to read more of this!

22. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Post!!!

Obi isn´t allone anymore. He has Joiy and this man now!!

Only Qui-Gon is missing!!

Need more soon !!!!!!!

Angel_Skywalker

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    *Chimes in with Nat*

Hello Gare!

*cue sigh*

I love this story!

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hello Gare :)

He's a slicer? This should be interesting

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: *laughs* I'm glad! Yes now we've got a (hopefully) unstoppable trio! ;)

Angel: Yep! Things are lookin' up...for now. ;)

Jacinta: Why thank you! :)

Kitara: Yeah! Now he's with a slicer AND someone who picks locks for a living ;) This should be VERY intersting ;)

N'kay, here's another post:

Qui-Gon was beginning to be frustrated. He had been watching the small holo clip over and over again trying to figure out what the small item that he was spraying Obi-Wan with was. Qui-Gon couldn't think of any where to go for his research. So far he had managed to keep the detective from knowing he was there, which was good, because he didn't want him knowing he was trying to find Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon kept thinking about the Chancellor. The man had not told him anything useful. Something was wrong about that, he kept trying to think of a lead. Suddenly he remember something Tahl had said. Get to the source, right? Qui-Gon closed his eyes, Tahl was right, he had to get to the source, but it made him wonder if the Chancellor was really the source.
    He recalled the conversation he had had with Laldilan two days previous.

Laldilan, how do you know the boy has anything of the kind?

My trusted Senator, Rith'ion, Senator and current leader of Jonangos.

Qui-Gon sat up straight. Rith'ion. Could this senator be the problem? Qui-Gon grabbed a data pad. He did a search for Rith'ion, it gave no information. Qui-Gon frowned, down at the bottom of the page it said See: Jonangos. Qui-Gon typed in Jonangos. It came up with a lot of information. Like Laldilan had said, Rith'ion was the current leader of Jonangos. There had been a great amount of time before a new leader had been appointed, Rith'ion had graciously excepted the plea for help and had been Governing Jonangos well. Qui-Gon's eyes flashed over this information, hardly interested, what the next paragraph stated was much more interesting.

>>The previous governor was governor for four years, he committed suicide by jumping off a cliff<<

Qui-Gon looked at the information, he read it again. "That doesn't seem right." He murmured. He looked up more on the Governor.

>>Governor Dah'ion was a respected governor of the time, he had a policy not to indorse any planet made substances, he was a close friend of Senator Rith'ion's, he fell to his death on 7^3.<<

Qui-Gon looked at the date. He flipped back to Jonangos.

>>Rith'ion was promoted to governor 7^3<<

Qui-Gon stopped suddenly. "How could he die the same day he was appointed? He would have had to have the people just up and appoint him." Qui-Gon knew that votes would have been taken and that could have taken weeks. Qui-Gon flicked the data pad off, and grabbed a com.

"Tahl?"

"Yeah,"

"I need the next ship leaving for the following destination."

"Okay where?"

"Jonangos."

Chapter 10

Tattoine was hot, dry and unpleasant. On top of that Obi-Wan had to wear a cape which was making him doubly hot. He moved closer to where Gare was having a conversation with his employer.

"So anyway," Gare was saying. "There is really nothing to it, I've finished all the codes." The rodian male smiled.

"Thanks kid," He said in a mild attempt at basic.

"No problem," There was a HoloNet channel playing on a Holo cam above them.

"In other news." The woman was saying. "Young Obi-Wan Kenobi has disappeared. We have one senator from Alderaan and his government, we got this exclusive clip from their meeting." The scene flashed to show the Alderaanian government.

"We are going to find him," The governor was saying. "He was last seen on Malastar, and we know that we will soon have him in our grasp."

"As you can see," The woman continued. "Many people are desperate to bring this young man to justice. To continue..." The rodian turned to Gare who was staring at the screen.

"Eight million," The Rodian let out a soft hiss, that was it's equivalent of a whistle. "I intend to kill that boy." Gare stood up uncomf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.