main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Running Into Old Friends - L/M, H/L Completed 6/01/2005 Thanks to My Readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelMom, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sebulba2179: Woo, great ending. The bit with Mara's pendant was outright creepy. Good, it was supposed to be. Interesting way of wrapping up, though...is it just me, or are we wide open for a sequel?? You can drive a star destroyer through that opening. I'm so obvious.
    womp_rat208: Ah, aha. You left yourself room for a sequel if you desire? I did Nice wrap up. Awesome that Luke used Padme's account on Leia. Fits nicely. Also liked Mara's bit with the jewel. She likens herself to a Phoenix? Muy bien. I was thinking Free Bird, but Phoenix works.
    Senator_Leia73: I like the idea that it was Padme's account so that Leia and Luke would not feel bad spending it. And I dont think Luke should go back alone. That has a very bad feeling connected to it. What is Mara thinking I just want to hit over the head and maybe that will knock some sense into her. I really liked this fic you did a wonderful job sequel? Maybe? Please I think Leia would be more concerned about where the money came from than Luke. Luke will use the other accounts - but I plan on him using it in a way to give it back to the galaxy. Luke won't be going back alone. He'll have help.
    JediFalcon: sequel? please Sure, why not? ;)
    skywalker64089: Ok. Now that was just vicious. And to one of my favorite characters, too. I hope that when Luke gets back to pick up the Jewels that Anakin tells him that Mara is in trouble. [face_devil] I just love to be vicious with the characters.
    YodaKenobi: I can't believe this is the final post Me either. Ghent managed to get Cache to turn herself in and give evidence for a lighter sentence.That's good. I felt so bad for Ghent I did too. ?The oldest account. It was Mother?s. The last deposit was made at the end of the Clone Wars. When she died, the account reverted to Father, who was the beneficiary. He never touched the account until he added me as the new beneficiary.?Awww *thinks about Padmé* I figured as a queen and then a Senator she'd have some sort of pension plan to go along with her salary. And what a great ending! Definitely not what I was expecting, but leaving Mara with creepy flashbacks of the Emperor because of the pendant and wanting to escape seems perfect... it also seems like a perfect set-up for a sequel, which I hope you plan on writing Especially since Luke plans on going back to Vjun and you left it ambiguous about who would be going with him... I wanted to surprise everyone and do something different. Anyway, a truly great story, RebelMom. I've really enjoyed reading it the past few months and I hope to see more from you soon thank you. As for soon, I'm a slow writer, but I'll at least get started on the writing this summer.
    Kazzy: sequel! sequel! sequel!*Ahem* Sorry, but that isn't the end, not really is it? Please? I mean there's the whole Mara-angst thing that need resolving. Yes, the angst will be fun. It's easier to write than action. It's good that they can get the Alderaanian Crown Jewels. In some ways it seems like them being taken a good thing as they would have been destroyed a long with Alderaan. It's nto much, but it's better than nothing! True. Fantastic. Congratulations on completing a great fic thank you.
    GreatOne: Awww! Great ending with Luke buying Leia her own ship. And you DID leave a lot hanging there for a sequel... with the stolen pendant and the Alderaanian jewels. (more Indy-type adventures for Luke?)FANTASTIC STORY!! I LOVED IT!! [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it. I really worked hard on Han and Leia. Writing them has always scared me. Now that I've written them I'm more confident. I get to write younger versions for the sequel to another story. *pulls out hair* Why did I do that to myself?
    Starshine: I have not replied for a long long time but now I do.Please tell me this story has a sequel!I enjoyed it and if there is anything coming after that, let me know Great! Thank you. And yes ther

2. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    What?! *gack!* Oh no, this is not good at all!!

Save her Luke!!!

This is great!! Me loves it!!

3. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Heehee, great story Mum! I have been lurking, I admit. ;) That I love the way you write Luke and Mara is a given, but I was so impressed with the way you handled Han in this story! It was like Harrison Ford was sitting right next to me delivering all the lines. :D

Glad to see that a sequel is in the works. Bring her home, Luke ;)

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    =D==D==D=

Wonderful story, RM!!

I loved all the L/M and H/L-ness, action, suspense, Bast Castle....and Anakin. [face_love]

Before joining the clamor for a sequel... ;)

*standing ovation*

@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I've been lurking around this fic for a while, but I thought that now would be an appropriate time to jump in and say that I loved it!

All of Han's lines were appropriate and so Harrison Ford-esque. I loved the appearance on Anakin - his interaction with everyone, especially Luke, was so beautiful. And Luke buying a ship for Leia with Padme's money - so touching. Of course, I loved seeing Mara in there as well, even if she is being a stubborn bantha ;).

Looking foward to the sequel.

6. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Knight_Aragorn: Great post, RM. Even if it leaves you wanting to thwack Mara.... sometimes that girl can be too stubborn for her own good. LOL at the Rogues popping up everywhere. Maybe they've secretly been assigned to Luke as a security decal, given how the last date turned out... She does need a good smack in the head. hehe. Luke having a chaperone at his age. My apologies - I missed you when I replied previously. [face_blush]

AvenKiel: What?! *gack!* Oh no, this is not good at all!!Save her Luke!!!This is great!! Me loves it!! thank you.
    Marawannabe: Heehee, great story Mum! I have been lurking, I admit. That I love the way you write Luke and Mara is a given, but I was so impressed with the way you handled Han in this story! It was like Harrison Ford was sitting right next to me delivering all the lines. thank you. I was worried about Han. Your comment makes my day. Glad to see that a sequel is in the works. Bring her home, Luke It won't be easy for him either.
    Jedi Trace: Wonderful story, RM!!
    I loved all the L/M and H/L-ness, action, suspense, Bast Castle....and Anakin. Before joining the clamor for a sequel...*standing ovation*
    [face_blush] thank you.
    JadeLotus: I've been lurking around this fic for a while, but I thought that now would be an appropriate time to jump in and say that I loved it! Another lurker. Welcome. All of Han's lines were appropriate and so Harrison Ford-esque. I loved the appearance on Anakin - his interaction with everyone, especially Luke, was so beautiful. And Luke buying a ship for Leia with Padme's money - so touching. Of course, I loved seeing Mara in there as well, even if she is being a stubborn bantha .thank you so much. I'm not used to thinking like Han, but I think I might have a better idea how the scoundrel thinks now.

I want to offer homemade chocolate chip cookies to all my readers and my lurkers. It's lurker appreciation week. Unfortunately, I will be camping all week and have no internet access. I'd still like you to pop in if you haven't yet. I will reply when I get back.

Thank you.

7. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    So, if I scream and scream until I'm sick, would that work better? :)

8. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    AHH!

And it ended so flashily, with an obvious opening for a new story..*wink*

looking forward to that!

Congrats on finishing RM.

And so the pendant was not what we were expecting...hmm...

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *Hands on hips* Now wait just one second, missy. Whatever happened to "And they lived happily ever after?"

Saucy wench... ;)

[fac_hugs] Excellent job, Mommy! :D

SEQUEL!!

10. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    nice finale, RM. I'm glad you left Luke and Mara's relationship ambiguous and open. I like seeing how different writers have various takes on how their relationship progresses and changes, etc.

I'm glad Cronin got a lighter sentence. Thanks for another delicious fic.

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh excellent ending Mommy! I LOVED This story, the mush was great, as long as it lasted. ;) Can't WAIT for the sequel!

12. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Rosh: I heard a lot of birds, and insects this past week (and some other animal that I had no desire to peek out of the tent to see) but no people screaming.
    Jade51999: Believe it or not, this was the first story I work were I had planned to do sequel from the very beginning. And the good news is I've written part of an outline this week. It's amazing how much writing can be done on a camping trip.
    Mi: I wanted to do something other than happy ever after - I didn't want to be obvious.
    GirlJedi: I'm glad you liked it. I didn't want them to get together too quickly. I've done that before. ;)
    Luney: Mush, hmmm. Well, Haven't got to the L/M mush in the sequel outline yet. Got a couple of H/L mush spots though? will that be okay? ;)

13. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I really did enjoy this story very much and can not also wait for the next one! I am wondering if that little treasure Mara took is a Sith charm of some kind and wearing it brings back all of her old connections to Palpatine. I am real glad that you got to enjoy the outdoors and just hope you went some place nice and cool. Sometimes we all need to go out and enjoy nature. Maybe I should say become one with the Force. Thanks for the wonderful story again my friend.

14. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm glad you're planning a sequel! Although the ending was nice, full of suspense, it deserved a sequel. Luke and Mara must absolutelly come together. :D Why can't she see they belong together? [face_thinking]
    Well done! =D= =D= =D=

15. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Somehow I missed the epilogue on this... [face_thinking] Very intriguing stuff, and great way to wrap up the story. Which I really enjoyed, by the way. :D Excellent work! =D=

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    JEDIFLYSWATTER

I really did enjoy this story very much and can not also wait for the next one! I am wondering if that little treasure Mara took is a Sith charm of some kind and wearing it brings back all of her old connections to Palpatine. I am real glad that you got to enjoy the outdoors and just hope you went some place nice and cool. Sometimes we all need to go out and enjoy nature. Maybe I should say become one with the Force. Thanks for the wonderful story again my friend.
    Thank you. I'll explain the little treasure more in the sequel. I loved my camping trip. We got some great pictures.
    Olympic National Park

MaraJade4S

I'm glad you're planning a sequel! Although the ending was nice, full of suspense, it deserved a sequel. Luke and Mara must absolutelly come together. Why can't she see they belong together?
    Well done!

Mara is very stubborn. She'll take a while in the sequel as well.

Knight_Aragorn

Somehow I missed the epilogue on this... Very intriguing stuff, and great way to wrap up the story. Which I really enjoyed, by the way. Excellent work!
    It's okay. At least you did find it. Thank you for reading.

I want to thank the wonderful readers who nominated this story for the summer fanfic awards. It qualifies in the Best Ensemble category. [:D]

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I want to thank all of you who voted this story Best Ensemble in the SFFA 2005. It means so much. @};-
    [face_blush]

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    You derserved it, Cheryl!! This was wonderul!! =D=@};-

19. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Do you know how irritating it is to read the first post in the story and then forget about it, do it a scond time and forget about it, and then finally reading it when it is completed. grrr. way to many stories. not that that is a bad thing. ;)

Great story. I'll be looking forward to the sequel. :)

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks Rhonda. I take it that I did okay with your Anakin. ;)

Jacen200015: AT least that way you miss the cliffies. ;)

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    True, but then you get one less review per post.

22. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    any chance of a sequel soon???

23. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Not very soon, Pat. I've hit a block with just the first chapter. It isn't flowing yet. I think it will go easier once I get the set up done.

24. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    i'll wait for your sequel, looking forward to it!

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Got the first chapter finally. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly. I'm shooting for the spring to start posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.