main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Running (Order 66 one-shot -- Lyric-By-Genre Roulette Challenge entry)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by princess_of_naboo, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Title: Running
    Author: Princess of Naboo
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Characters: OCs
    Summary: Lyric by Genre Challenge
    Notes: This is for the Lyric-By-Genre Roulette Challege. My lyrics are from Build God, Then We'll Talk by Panic! At The Disco.

[i]It's these substandard motels on the (lalalalala) corner of 4th and Fremont Street.
    Appealing only because they are just that un-appealing
    Any practiced catholic would cross themselves upon entering.
    The rooms have a hint of asbestos and maybe just a dash of formaldehyde,
    And the habit of decomposing right before your very (lalalala) eyes.

Along with the people inside[/i]

[hr]
    Decrepit did not even begin to describe it; dive would be considered a compliment, cesspit not a great exaggeration. [i]The Wandering Bantha[/i] motel was the kind of place only visited when one needed anonymity, to lay low for awhile. It was a safe haven, a place where those on the run could find refuge?for a price. For dozens of years, the proprietor had paid the local government and crime lords to look the other way; no one would bother its inhabitants while they were under his roof. The variety of beings there was impressive: failed bounty hunters evading their employer?s wrath; those with bounties on their heads trying to hide; smugglers running from the law; females of ?negotiable affection? looking to make a few credits; and debtors trying to escape repayment. It was a thoroughly disreputable crowd.

It was not the kind of place you would expect to find a Jedi Knight. The horrible smell alone would keep them away, one would think. Its clientele was not the type of company they kept either. What need did Jedi have for a safe house? They had the full resources of the Republic at their disposal; they were the commanders and generals of the Grand Army of the Republic. Jedi were just the type of beings many of the inhabitants there were trying to avoid. If they knew a Jedi was among them, mass hysteria would ensue. The Jedi in question had no intension of revealing himself. Only a day had passed since he had felt a great tremor in the Force?the passing of innumerable Jedi.

It was pure luck that he had been separated from his Clone Troopers. His master, he knew, had not been so fortunate. They had been stationed on an outer rim world where Separatist forces had been operating in the mountainous region of the planet. As they and their troops fought up the mountainside to the Separatist hideaway, Geris had gotten cut off from his fellows. To escape the overwhelming number of battle droids, he had gone off into the forest, intending to circle back around to rejoin his troops. It was while in the forest that he felt Master Nurak join the Force. First he had sensed an overpowering sense of betrayal emanate from his master, then he felt his master die, and finally he heard the clones starting to look for him too?enemy droids all but forgotten. Geris had run then. He ran through the forest, ran through the surrounding farm lands, all the while trying to evade the Clone Troopers. He did not understand why he ran; only that he must. Eventually, he made his way to a city, where he had found [i]The Wandering Bantha[/i]. Now he hid, hoping that the troopers would not look for him here among the dregs of society.

He was sitting in the common room nursing a glass of ale. Geris still didn?t understand what had happened. [i]Why did the Clones turn on us?[/i]

Then, he heard it: someone had just mentioned the Jedi to a fellow, but Geris couldn?t discern everything they were saying. He decided that finding out what was going on was worth the risk of approaching the men.

?I couldn?t help over hearing you mention the Jedi. Do you know what is going on in the war right now?? Geris asked the men.

?Didn?t you hear?? one of the men replied in a disbelieving tone.

?No, I?ve been a bit too busy with? personal matters to keep up with news. What?s happened??

?I he

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    wow.. a bounty hunter huh?

I do like to think, obviously that some "got away" and I love stories like that.

Great job on the Challenge Princess!

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Story!=D=

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Great story, princess! =D= I don't often come to Saga but this story was worth every second I've spent here.

It's nice that Geris got away. Liked the umor too, of how no Jedi would be insane enough to walk inside the hotel. :D

For some reason I see parallels with a certain Cade Skywalker from Legacy . . .

And it fits the lyrics too.

5. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    Yeah, it seems like some would slip away unnoticed. I mean, the Empire was crazy about Jedi hunting, but there have to be a lot of Force sensitives all over the galaxy; somebody would slip through the cracks. Then again, he has only escaped this time. Thanks for reading!

Thanks! :D

I wondered if anyone would noticed the Legacy influence. :D

Thanks so much for the comments!

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Great story and very creative, princess! I like your characterizations! Great response to those challenging lyrics.

Well done! =D=

7. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Wow, fantastic job with this - I bet many of the untold stories of Order 66 would be like this. Great work! I love the irony of every time people told Geris how insane a Jedi would be to be there, how they wished they could find a Jedi, etc.

Keep up the good work! :D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was excellent! =D=

As the two men left, Geris pondered this new twist of fate. Look?s like my Jedi days are over. Who would have thought it? I suppose being a bounty hunter isn?t that bad. Fwor seems like a decent type. I?m going to have to get rid of all my ties to the Jedi. It would hurt?it was as much as part of him as his arm, it seemed?but his lightsaber would have to go. It was time to build a new life. He would find out what really happened to the Jedi someday. For now, he would erase the life of Geris Do?mas and become Gerrit the bounty hunter. He had to be careful. Mind tricks weren?t going to get him out of tough situations all the time. Once he got off this rock, he?d have to change his appearance as best he could. He hoped that it would be enough, that he would be able to escape whatever danger the future held. All he could do was keep running; to turn back would mean death.

Wonderful! :D

9. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Yeah, it really seems like some Jedi would get away and make a new life. Glad you liked the little irony. :D Thanks for reading!

Thank you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.