main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Running Red - a Mara Jade RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by nancyallen, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    In the aftermath of the Rebel victory at Yavin IV it has become clearer than ever the extent of corruption within the Galactic Empire. As Imperial Moffs and military leaders struggle for control in light of the Death Star's destruction Palpatine sends his top agents to restore order. The Emperor's Hand Mara Jade has been assigned to investigate allegations made by an elite Stormtrooper, as moves are made to tip the balence of power in the galaxy.

This is a Mara Jade centered RPG set after A New Hope, for those who are interested in playing. Pretty standered RP rules apply here, no godmodding, respect the other posters, all of that. Below is the character I'm going to use, so send me who you'd like to play as and we'll get this party started.

Name: Vanile Lash

Species: Human

Physical Appearance: Slim fit build, dark skin, brown eyes, brown hair done up in pigtails typical of her girlish nature.

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/Capture-03-15-00001.jpg]

Personal Effects: A vibroblade that had been crafted for an Imperial that she stole when working with Mara Jade. It was crafted to not only be similar in weight to a lightsaber for ease of use care was taken to balance the blade so it weighed evenly at each end. Vanile also treasures a pair of fighting gloves she uses, they were from a tournament she competed in and a number of soldier's stories of the things they did in the Empire.

Homeworld: Ithor

Bio: Lash was a test case to allow women into the ranks of Imperial Stormtroopers, accepted thanks to influence from her parents who had both served the Empire. She was placed in the squad known as the Sluggers upon proving herself in training. However after several years of loyal service Lash began to have doubts of their work, always maintaining her loyalty was to the galaxy rather than the Emperor. It began with division within the different ranks of the Imperial armed forces, followed by the tactics used by the likes of Grand Moff Tarkin, Vader, the Imperial Security Bureau and the Empire himself. Between the Death Star being planned as a weapon of terror and information she passed on about Tarkin's alleged madness Vanile began to lose heart. Things came to a head when on a raid she witnessed the people she was after commit suicide rather than be taken in. Later she threatened to inform the ISB of a commanding officer's actions. Because of this Lash was called into question over whether she was attempting to undermine the Empire. Fearing that she would be found innocent her commanding officer has made allegations of Lash being too idealistic to serve, while planning to silence her permanently.

Lash's hand to hand skills leave most in the Empire for dead, and it is rumored she is good enough with a blade to spar with Vader. But Lash seems disinterested in using these skills, saving them for competition rather than fighting the Rebellion. She prefers instead to find non violent solutions to problems, such as her efforts to discredit those harmful to the Empire rather than fight them directly. Typical of her girlish nature Lash very much enjoys leisure time, something very much outside of the Imperials she quips. As a means of coping with some of the tasks she was called upon to commit Lash began sleeping with some of the members of her Stormtrooper squad, despite the belief this is bad discipline. She also has the most wonderful evil laugh, more of a cackle actually, that puts even Palpatine to shame.

2. Darth_Breoya

Darth_Breoya Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    GM Approved [face_dancing]

Name: Jake Walker

Species: Human

Physical Appearance: Smooth, Handsome face, Brown hair, Brown Eyes.

Personal Effects: His Personal Lightsaber made himself, and has spent years Perfecting it.Its a Doublebladed Lightsaber.Its color is Blue.

Homeworld: Dantooine

Bio: Jake was born to a mother and father that were jedi's,He was raised to be one.When the sith Bombed the Jedi Academy on Dantooine I was walking in the forest and didn't die, I was 20 then.When i walked back the Jedi Master there appointed me a jedi Master just incase the Jedi Temple on Corruscant was destroyed.I lived by his wish all my life and have become a Wise Jedi.

3. Darth_Breoya

Mar 11, 2008
    Wehn we start?

4. ZebOswalt

ZebOswalt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2008
    Name: Magdalen
    Race: Togorian (Half Torgorian, & half Kaminoan.)
    Fur color: Jet Black like her fathers.
    Eye Color: green
    Skin covered in fur.

Apperance: Pretty Cat woman who looks thin for her race even though she's 7 feet tall. Sort of femine. It is thought she may be a clone masde of her mother and fathers DNA. Or just born. It is not know. She's had all her files closed as a well place diplomate.

Clothing: Regal. Though she does have speasly made clone trooper armor to fit her that is painted royal purple and a gold sash on it that looks like a toga pver her armor. Though she only wares the helmet in a fight.
    Other: She has a pett Voorpak that she carries with her. She named fee fee. As well as a com link.
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Force powers Force Sensitive Force Speed, sense, Move Object, and Jump 1. Force Force Stealth , 2. Enhance Ability, 3.Force Defense, 4. Enhance Ability, 5. Telepathy
    Area of Expertise:(What do you claim to be good at?) Mag clams to be good at diplomacy. I clam shes good at fighting .
    Weapons: The negotiator.(A Vibro ax coerced to a Vibro sword. ) She has her fathers lightsaber a dual one that's curved and is green., but she never uses it. A lot of Thermal Detonators.One Deathhammer pistol
    Ships: Cat scratch ( a modified Craft: Hoersch-Kessel Drive Inc. Heavy Transport
    Class: Transport
    Size: Small (49.2 Meters)
    Crew: 2 (Normal +2)
    Passengers: 10
    Cargo Capacity: 350 Metric Tons
    Consumables: 4 months
    Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
    Maximum Speed: Cruising
    Defense: 21 (+1 Size, +10 Armor)
    Shield Points: 60
    Hull Points: 180
    Damage Reduction: 10
    Weapons:
    Light Turbolasers x2 (fire-linked)
    Fire Arc: Front
    Attack Bonus: +7 (+1 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control)
    Damage: 5d10x2
    Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M/L n/a
    Quad Laser Cannons x2
    Fire Arc: Turret
    Attack Bonus: +9 (+1 size, +2 crew, +6 fire control)
    Damage: 4d10x2
    Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M/L n/a
    Tractor Beam
    Fire Arc: Turret
    Attack Bonus: +9 (+1 size, +2 crew, +6 fire control)
    Damage: Special
    Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M/L n/a)
    Driods: A R 7 astronautic droid. R7 D9
    ***FORCE USERS ONLY***
    Lightsaber type Double,bent gaurden type corved like Dooku's was. one points up the other down.
    Color(s): green
    Bio: Magdalen is the daughter of the Jedi turned bounty hunter named Goerge. Whom worked a lot for the republic. When Magdalen was a small child she watched from a small cuberd her father was killed by Vader durring the Purge. She and her sister Red Divto who was adopted bother stayed hidden and were found by Will Goerge's old contact man a Ruurian. Whom took them to raise. Years later Magdalen became a diplomat for her grand father's home planet of Togoria. Working for the rebels during the war. And becoming part of the new republic when it began. She has Jedi powers that her father had started to teach her to use as a child. She continued to train them over the years. Even being mindful of how Jedi's used them around her. Though she didn't use them in public. And preferred to use her negotiator as a weapon. When she did fight proofing the world to see her as just a diplomat. And using well trained adds to look like they were the fighters. Even having them mimic what she did when using her force powers. Ware any one might think they are the force user. And she's just a diplomat. At lest that's what she tells every one. She only keeps her fathers light saber, because that's all she has of him.

She has yet to use it. Save when training AS a child. She continues to work for the now reforming republic.::

Home World: She was born on Corasnt right before every thing feel apart.

5. Darth_Breoya

Mar 11, 2008
    OOC: How many more until we start?

6. Jedi_Master_Adara

Jedi_Master_Adara Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2008
    OOC: I see that as of yet no one has taken on the Mara's character.. is anyone planning to, or may I? (send me a private message if you could.)

7. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: cs approved

Name: Ethla Ling

Species: human

Physical Appearance: slender, 6? 0? high, 85 lbs, picture is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SydneyBristow.PNG

Personal Effects: a lightsaber with a purple blade, a small side-arm blaster, a box given to her by her mother (doesn?t know the contents)

Homeworld: Aaeton

Bio: Ethla was born 2 years after the Republic fell. She didn?t know her father because he left her mother when she was born. When she was 11, her mother was killed by an unknown assassin. She would have died, if her force powers hadn?t activated. Discovering this, the Emperor took her in and trained her as one of his force sensitive assassins. Recently, she had finished her training. Despite, her working for the empire, she is kind towards others. Especially her friend Jen who lives on Aaeton.

8. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Are we starting yet??

9. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    OOC: I just saw the date on the first post. It says March! IS this game still going ahead?

10. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Hey all, sorry this had more or less died. Since a few of you have recently expressed interest I'll be trying to get this back on track. Let me know if you are interested and we'll get things set up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.