JCC Russia's Last Tsesarevich Still Not Laid to Rest With Family on 95th Anniversary of Execution

Discussion in 'Community' started by Skywalker8921, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It is absolutely appalling that the remains of the last Heir to the Russian Throne and his sister have not yet been reburied with their parents and siblings in the Peter and Paul Cathedral. Come next year it will be seven years since their remains were discovered. They should be reburied with the rest of their family SOON. Seven years between the recovery of the remains in the original Ekaterinburg grave and their reburial in the Cathedral in 1998 was bad enough, but to have the same thing happening now to the final two killed that night is beyond belief.

By the way, I just realized that today marks the 95th anniversary of the execution. Only five more years and it will be a full century. Please, Russian government, please drop the red tape and allow Alexis and Maria to be reburied with their parents and sisters before July 1918. This tragedy has lasted long enough. It's time to put an end to it once and for all.
  2. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  3. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A little morbid, I know, but I was in the middle of typing my previous post when I realized "It's July 17th, 2013 - 95 years since the family was executed." My mom stilll has a newspaper clipping from July 1998 describing the reburial of Nicholas, Alexandra, and the three girls. I've been a Romanov ethusiast since I was 10 or 11 - I was only 8 at the time of the original reburial and if I was told or heard about it then, I don't remember. It wasn't until Mom let me read Nicholas and Alexandra a few years later that I found out about the Imperial family and what had happened. I was shocked when I learned that Alexei and the missing sister had been found.
    Last edited by Skywalker8921, Jul 17, 2013
  4. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Tsarevich, not Tsesarevich, no?
  5. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In the older days, before Peter I took the title of Emperor, Tsarevich was used to refer to any son of the Tsar. Tsesarevich first came into use when Peter III bestowed it on his son Paul. Unlike Tsarevich, Tsesarevich was used exclusively for the Heir to the Throne. I, too, thought for a long time that Tsarevich was Alexei's title and was confused when I saw "Tsesarevich" on a discussion forum once, but then I found this Wikipedia article that explains the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsesarevich#Tsesarevich_of_Russia
    Last edited by Skywalker8921, Jul 17, 2013
  6. Piltdown Force Ghost

star 5
    So, this is because if we don't do something with the bodies their ghosts will continue to roam the streets of Yakaterinburg, haunting the houses of bolshie descendents.

Right?

I mean, just FYI you need to salt and burn the bones to put a restless spirit to slumber.
    Ender Sai likes this.
  7. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No! Alexei and his sister deserve to rest with their family. I mean, come on! Don't they deserve that much?
  8. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Ah. Thanks for the explanation.
  9. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You're welcome.
  10. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    I was taking a course on the Russian Revolution my junior year of college, and my professor was a Russian immigrant who fled as a child in the late 70s. I remember that during the class in which we discussed the murder of Nicholas and his family, she was very emotional. Took place 60 years before her birth, but she still felt very attached to the history of the country- would be interested to see if this is a cultural thing, or just unique to her, but it always stuck with me.
  11. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

THIS IS CLEARLY THE BIGGEST INJUSTICE IN THE WORLD: TWO CORPSES ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE.
  12. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I hope you're just being sarcastic, Vivec; if you don't care for the subject of this thread then don't read it.
  13. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
  14. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Welcome to the YJCC. We do sarcasm here; we also do humor; in fact, that's what makes this place awesome. If you want srs bsns, try the Senate. They'll make you wear a necktie and sport coat if you go in there though.

Honestly? I doubt any of them give a **** at this point.
  15. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    Tsarists deserve nothing.
  16. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Why?
  17. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    This is way at the bottom of the totem pole of things that get me worked up.
  18. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Honestly, I doubt the corpse really cares.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    what a bizarre thing to care about
  20. Piltdown Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, I thought this thread was a loose but clever parody on the current state of society and it's twisted sense of priorities, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Now, I am starting to believe this is a serious thread and it has gone from pretty funny to ****ing hilarious.
    Last edited by Piltdown, Jul 17, 2013
    Rogue_Ten and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    The fact that it would not be nearly as funny if it weren't a serious thread is ironic and even funnier or something.
  22. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Was the story that the women in the royal family sewed diamonds into the lining of their corsets to hide them true or not?
  23. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm going to make one thing very clear. Those of you who say you don't care, that's fine. But do not even think about derailing this thread with petty jokes about it. Yes, Piltdown, this thread is meant to be serious, and how you could see it otherwise is beyond me. And I resent your implication that it is hilarious. The fact of the matter is that Nicholas II's innocent children did not deserve to be murdered in cold blood the way they were that night, not one of them, and most especially not a thirteen year old boy who lived under the threat of death every day from his illness. Nicholas and Alexandra made some bad decisions, yes, but the children did not deserve what happened to them. Even if you don't respect the institution of monarchy, do not, I repeat, do not, make stupid jokes about such a cruel event and don't even think about tangling with me. I guarantee you, if any Romanov historians were on this thread, you would not be taking the subject so lightly. I suggest, Piltdown, Vivec, Rogue Ten, and everyone else who thinks this is funny, either sharpen up and show some respect when discussing the Romanovs even if you dislike them or get out - NOW.
  24. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
  25. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm not sure they post here.

Hopefully, your thread gets buried though.
    Last edited by George Roper, Jul 17, 2013
    AaylaSecurOWNED and CT-867-5309 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.