main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RvD in CGI

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthKomar, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Aww, this was getting nice. Also, when u say u are using a mac, what kind, macbook, imac, macpro? If you are using an apple mighty mouse, it can left and right click u know. And you can also set blender to left click.

2. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I'm pretty sure the "Lego Ryan vs. Dorkman" isn't title-safe ... and are you, at the end of all this, going to do it in HD?

3. DarthKomar

DarthKomar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 22, 2007
    BruceM,

Macpro

SilentBat,

I know that it is at least action safe, I don't really care too much about it being title safe as I don't plan on broadcasting it on tv. Unless, of course, people would be interested in buying a DVD ;) with the making of, of course.

4. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    LUCKY!!!!!

You should be able to right click. If you are using the apple mighty mouse, just click on the right side of the mouse. To enable it, you have to go to system preferences, then mouse, then tell the right click area to be secondary click.

5. BenMcEwan

BenMcEwan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2008
    All that just to enable right-click?
    Wow, PC > Mac

6. DarthKomar

Nov 22, 2007
    You add a second button to your mouse and you think that PC>Mac? Lol, but only in this case Ben.

No, I'm using the mouse it came with.

7. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    I used to have a mouse with 6 buttons plus a scroll wheel. It was awesome. Got broken though. :(

8. BenMcEwan

BenMcEwan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2008
    I don't think, I know ;)

9. DarthKomar

Nov 22, 2007
    We're getting off topic here.

10. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    The title is right on the edge, I don't think it's even action safe. Plus, it's just safe to keep things title-safe. Titles usually look better within the confinements beyond just keeping them safe from TV cut-offage.

11. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    You think LEGO Star Wars' animations are weird then? cause compared to yours, they sure as hell define lego for me.

12. DarthKomar

Nov 22, 2007
    We've all played with Lego and are fully aware that they do not move like in the games, which I think is ridiculous

13. Sojourn

Sojourn Jedi Master star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    If you're on a laptop, you can use the two-finger click to right-click. If you're using a desktop, either use a mouse with two buttons, or hold down "ctrl" while left-clicking.

All the best with your project!

Take care,
    Sojourn

14. DarthKomar

Nov 22, 2007
    I'm on a desktop, and the ctrl thing is driving me nuts. I learned to use Blender on a PC you see

15. Sojourn

Sojourn Jedi Master star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Haha, of course. Do you still have a two-button mouse that you used with the PC? Macs automatically recognize the second button if there is one, and you can right-click away. And there are plenty of good-but-inexpensive mice out there to chose from if you don't have one.

Mac desktops ship with two-button mice nowadays, though, so unless you're using an older computer (which I'm guessing you're not, since you're churning out 3D renders regularly), you should have the ability to right-click.

Hope this helps,
    Sojourn

16. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    If you're using the apple mighty mouse (not the apple pro mouse), it already has two buttons. Just go to the system preferences and enable it.

And also, the animation will remain this stiff? no offence, but LEGO Star Wars rocks because of it's animations, not because it's realistic LEGO.

17. DarthKomar

Nov 22, 2007
    It won't be like LEGO Star Wars games, they will move only within the confines of normal Lego. Just wait, they still can move awesomely with those restrictions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.