Ryan VS Brandon *Release Thread*

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by Thrice3, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrice3 Force Ghost

star 3
    For those of you that haven't seen it here in Fresno!!

"The clip that won 1st place in Lightsaber Choreography Competition 3 is now available in a form that no one has seen before. For the first time, experience Ryan and Brandon's fisticuffs duel in full resolution DivX WITH Lightsaber FX and a brand new sound mix!"
    Ryan VS Brandon Download Page
    [image=http://rvb.michaelfrisk.com/images/frame_1.jpg] [image=http://rvb.michaelfrisk.com/images/frame_2.jpg] [image=http://rvb.michaelfrisk.com/images/frame_3.jpg]

Be sure to check out the website (courtesy of Michael Frisk, Andrew Horton, Fig, and Nicholas Corey) for Behind The Scenes images and video. Thanks to Mae, Thrice3, and over 15 other FX artists, RvB is finally a lightsaber fight.

And now, a few words from the FX Project Leaders, Bryan Higgins (Thrice3) and David Adametz (Mae)...

-First I would like to thank the rotoscopers that help out half way in this project. You guys did a beautiful job. This project was probably by far the best one I?ve worked on. It was great working with Dave on this, we thought we couldn?t do it, but we persisted to get things done and collaborated on many shots for them to look right. Sure it took us two and half months to get things done but we wanted this project as perfect as we could get it, and we achieved this by the help from others. I also want to thank Dave (Mae); it was a pleasure working with you on this project bud. I really hope we can work together on projects in the future. Thanks Dave, Brandon F and Chris Spencley for all your support through this project, you guys inspire me. So get ready for some awesome effects!!!

-Bryan

-At last, we bring you Ryan Wieber VS Brandon Flyte with some awesome effects. A major thanks goes to Bryan (Thrice3) and all of the rotoscopers out there who put some serious effort into getting this video finished. Bryan and I had a lot of fun pulling this all together. We had some challenges throughout the project (which I expected), but we were back on track the next day plugging shot after shot into the video. This project led me to experiment with new functions in After Effects, as well as other programs we used.

Personally, I am starting to understand a lot of work and dedication it takes to put together something like this, and how much a loyal crew can help get the job done efficiently. I hope to later on dive into bigger projects and expand my knowledge of digital effects.

Thank you all for your patience toward this, and enjoy.

-Dave

Enjoy!
  2. donsolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mn... I wish those video files would work, it looks like a very well done project!

And Thrice3... are you from Fresno too? You look very familiar for some reason...
  3. The Jedi Apprentice Force Ghost

star 4
    In his profile it says he's from Clovis.

Anywho, glad to see there's other filmmakers in the Fresno area. Do you have any shorts available online, or are you working on something? You supervised the lightsabers effects for Ryan vs. Brandon, yes?
  4. Thrice3 Force Ghost

star 3
    Yes, Mae and I were the porject managers, and we added the sabers. The Jedi Apprentice, do you know Youhans?
    I live in clovis, yes. As of right now I am working a big FX project involving a lot of 3d.
    Thrice
  5. The Jedi Apprentice Force Ghost

star 4
    Youhans who? Youhans Kibrom? Yes.
  6. Thrice3 Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah that would be him, Hes ny neighbor, hah. He tells me majoring in film or multimedia at Fresno State.
    Bryan
  7. donsolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I finaly downloaded this and wow, very well done!
  8. Thrice3 Force Ghost

star 3
    We dont get too much traffic here on the Fresno Boards do we.
    Bryan
  9. donsolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sadly no... damn this lazy town!
  10. The Jedi Apprentice Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I'm majoring in video production.
  11. Thrice3 Force Ghost

star 3
    Awesome man, I have sent my application to an art school and Im awaiting their call. I sent them a demo reel of my work etc. I want to major it Visual Effects or a Model Artist.
    Thrice
  12. sevendead Jedi Padawan

Sorry to bring up an old zombie topic but Ryan vs Dorkmans been getting a lot of notice latley and I thought this one deserved equal praise. Since the download site seems to not be hosting it anymore I uploaded it to Google Video for many more people to enjoy. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-239018105002217452
  13. donsolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for reloading it, I've been wanting to show this to some people but couldn't get it to work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.