main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rydstrom out, Burtt back in

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DARTH_CORLEONE, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Tried to see if this was mentioned, then looked through IMDB to find out more. A while back, I read about Gary Rydstrom leaving Skywalker Sound to direct films for Pixar. Sorry to see him go, but great for him, he deserves it. From what I can gather, Ben Burtt has re-taken the reigns as head sound designer (as well as sharing editing duties). The one thing I've always looked forward to with the PT was the new sound designs, and although I think Matt Wood has a great future ahead of him (already quite accomplished), I'm personally glad that Burtt stepped up. He's obviously been involved with the sound design in EPs 1-2 (heck, he created the Star Wars sound, and the term 'sound design' as we know it!), but now that Rydstrom's gone, I'm glad he's filling those shoes. Will we notice a difference in approach from EPs 1-2? Maybe not, but that's a good thing, obviously better than worse.

Best of success to Mr. Rydstrom, and I look forward t

2. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    As long as Burtt doesn't have a hand in editing the film. I'm not sure why they handed the AOTC editing to him, but I thought the pacing was just all over the map in that film.

3. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I agree he still has some ways to go as an editor, at least for these, but he will be sharing duties on editing.

4. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Gary Rydstrom? PIXAR?

I wish him the best of luck, especially now that he'll be surrounded by the best film studio alive today :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.