main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RIP RYL Episode Lando (2018-2018)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Mar 15, 2018.

?

Can We Get a New Movie Night Poll?

1. No

11.1%
  2. Absolutely Not

14.8%
  3. kathleen kennedy

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Dianna Agron :p

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh yep, that is also true!

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Does anyone know what specific date JCF started? I know it was in 1998, but I am wondering what he month and day is.

4. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I thought you were saying JKF and thought you meant when did you start. [face_beatup]

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You don’t know how many times I have accidentally googled Jedi Knight Fett instead of Jedi Council Forums. It happens at least once a week.

Sadly I do not come up even on the first page.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    See this makes me think that every movie ever made has at least one person who considers it their favorite movie.

Anyways I'm watching my favorite movie right now.....even though Leia will go on to say that she somehow always knew Luke was her brother she sure isn't acting like that at the moment.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    Star Wars SOLO Premiere and SPOILER Pics! 70

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Ummmm
    >2004 version
    >proper
    Pick one!

That version is no more proper than the Guy Ritchie one. It could even be argued that it's LESS based on the proper story than Richie's one. At least Richie's didn't do that annoying "This is the REAL story" that the 2004 one tried to pull off, but just went with "nah, we're making up our own stuff this time".
    But I actually really like both those versions, though my favorite is The Knights of the Round Table from 1953 (nominated for 2 Academy Awards and the Cannes' Grand Prix)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Oh wait, you're serious!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

9. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    I keep forgetting that none of you have seen Solo yet. [face_dancing]

10. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    This is the saddest thing I've read here in ages.
    I wish I could contact the him. Cryogenic was one of my favorite people here. Shame such a great one is gone and so much awfulness remains (not in the Prequel area thankfully)

11. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Cryo was definitely unique, and had his own unique language for articulating/appreciating Lucas' Star Wars ...is and has, I should say, wherever he's cruising these days.

12. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Not this time you didn't. HUGE SPOILER DON'T READ. There's a scene that almost specifically states Lando and the droid have engaged in sexual interaction, and another that is an over-the-top showing that Lando has romantic attaractions to it

13. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    There was a time that Cryo and @Seagoat were the only reasons for me to be in the JFC.

14. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I am indeed curious to hear his take on The Last Jedi.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I hope that's the case! If not for making the world a more interesting place, when you think about the time and effort invested into every movie, it's nice to think that there's at least one or two people out there who have a great appreciation for it.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Guys.. We get to see a new sw movie this week.

17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    We get that once a year these days.
    [​IMG]

;)

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In just 3 years there will be the same amount of movies under Lucas as there are under Disney.

Valency Jane and heels1785 like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just checked again and I now appear on the first page of google! When I search Jedi Knight Fett. However it’s my account on another forum. :p

darkspine10 likes this.
  20. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    You're on the first page of ecosia, too.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  22. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Came across this line about the royal wedding reception in a UK paper and am thinking there's a British expression I'm not understanding...maybe one of our resident RYL Brits could explain it to me?:p

thanks in advance @darkspine10 or @Moll or @Dandelo :D

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Winded is like taking your breath away, usually in reference to a gut punch that 'winds' you.

The second part might be just a coded fart joke, with wind being a euphemism for farting.

24. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Ah, interesting, thanks! "Winded" and "wind" are used in the exact same way here, so I guess I did understand it, lol.

25. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I just didn't get why he (Charles) would say that he "winded" Harry, as I would be more likely to think of the parent as getting "winded" trying to keep up with a little kid...As for the subtle fart joke (if that's indeed what it was)...I guess I wasn't expecting that from the future King of England either, lol...

Edit: I wonder if "winding" could have possibly been referring to "burping" a baby? Another source said that Charles had been referencing memories of giving Harry a bottle as a baby, and of course, the next thing you do after feeding a baby is to burp it!

Further Edit: Ah-ha, I think my guess is correct! According to the site below, "wind" is also used in the UK to refer to the air in a baby's stomach after feeding. (Whereas in the US, you would say "the baby has gas" rather than "the baby has wind")

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a567409/wind

And yet another edit:p: so that last part seems to be a joke about Harry's temperament (as babies with a lot of gas/"wind" are often described as "cranky"...though maybe that last part is actually just a fart joke instead...

@darkspine10

^lol, I'm such a giant :-B :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.