main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    FalconFan :thanks. This is the first time I liked the Mon Calamari I was drawing I had wanted to draw one for a while cause I love Bant in the Books. but Mon Calamari are harder to draw then they look.

Ulario :thanks

Your_Worshipfulness: You were close with the LOTR scene itâ??s Eowyn and and Ã?omer. I did a lot of the pieces of the picture as its own part. It was a little grueling but I got it done. With doing all the little parts and putting it together it allowed me to get the little details after I got his autograph he toured where the art was so he saw all the pieces I had with me. I added the autographed picture link below. Also another LOTR picture.
    Thanks Suz. I always wanted to draw the character in the Jedi Apprentice novels. I love eyes. The eyes are the window to the soul they say.

obi-wanfan123:thanks. I love cute. And can do almost anything I try cute. But there is a downside. I don't do evil well and they well turn out cute. Which can be very annoying.

Wow ! 100 posts on my forum already. Thank you to everyone who has posted.

For the 100 post I wanted to do a Bruck where his hair is down because I'm sure he doesn't always keep it in a ponytail. I also did a little color of him for an idea of what he's look like. In the book he is described as having ice blue eyes and white hair. Oh and he's human.

Bruck Chun:
    [​IMG]

Ry

2. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Fantastic!!

I look forward to the next pictures!!

I can see why Sean Austin signed that picture!!

3. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    You must be so proud of that gorgeous hobbit image getting signed! I bet that'll hold pride of place for quite some time eh? :D How'd you get him to sign it, did you meet him? :D Oh and that image of Elrond is gorgeous, I'm such a fangirl of first age armour, those tones are gorgeous (I've done a piccy of similar style elvish armour in my devart gallery too so we can both be LOTR fiends!) :D

Great work as always Ryuuri-chan! Love the cuteness far too much, I'm so envious! :)

4. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    obi-wanfan123: thanks

Corellian_Rogue: thank you. I am proud of the Hobbit I got signed. I was at a con in Denver. So I got to meet him there. Also at the con (I didn't get his autograph) was Peter Mayhew. Wow He's tall.

RY

5. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Another Bruck. But he's gone to the Darkside !

[​IMG]

Ry

6. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    I decide to just fill in this Siri with color but not to shade it as something different.

Siri Tachi:

[​IMG]

Ry

7. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow...this colouring style really suits your lines! Well done...I think you should continue with this style for a few pics...just to see how well it goes with other characters too. Looks really great with Siri, that cute blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes are really innocent and suit this very simple, crisp illustration style. Well done Ryuuri-chan! :D I'd love to see you do Quinlan Vos in this style! Adorable!

8. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Corellian_Rogue: Thanks

here's a sketch of Quinlan Vos:

[​IMG]

ry

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, that's a wonderful piece with Quinlan Vos Ryuuri!! You captured his intense expression very well! I think this is one you should color and shade in--I think it would really "pop" if you did! The "Evil Bruck" and colored Siri are very nice, too--it's interesting to see just the coloring sans shading, and I think Corellian_Rogue is right that it looks great!

I'm always so impressed with people that can work quickly--very very nice!

FF

10. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks FF. I might draw a different on to color it. I llike the wayQuinlan turned out too. The coloring with no shading is sometimes done in anime. I thought it would be different.

Jacen
    Spoliers Joiner King:
    [​IMG]

Ry

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, how sweeeeettt!! Actually, the moment you're depicting is a spoiler for "The Unseen Queen," but that's a tiny detail! ;) And at least your Jacen doesn't "look like Jesus!" lol! There's been a lot of that going around the boards, as we all try to render our young Jedi with his now-permanent facial hair! He does, though, bear a striking resemblence to some of your Obi Wan pieces... Sigh. I guess we'll all be struggling with Jacen Solo's appearance as we progress through the books! lol! I love the moment here, though--very tender and sweet. A lovely illustration of a wonderful moment!

FF

12. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: oops I have both books but I get confused. I love Ben in the book. he's such a nine year old. For Jacen's beard I found a picture of Harrison Ford. I know He does when I colored and inked it looked less like Obi. I'll keep working on him. thanks for the coments FF !

Color Jacen

[​IMG]

RY

13. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Man...I have no idea what's doing on with the characters in the new books, I haven't read one of NJO since Traitor I think! :D I take it Jace has undergone some growing up then! LOL :D Cute very cute!

Oh and thanks so much for drawing up Quinlan, he is so adorable! You have to colour this! I just wanna hug him and squeeze him...oh hang on, I wanted to do that anyway. ;) *slaps herself* Fictional character hon, I wonder if my BF could grow some dreads though. :D

Wonderful work as always!

14. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Corellian_Rogue:thanks ! Don't feel bad about Jacen I have no clue either. All the books I've read to this point he wasn't born yet or he was a newborn. I'm very lost. I'm more an old Republic person myself but I do try. You're welcome on the Quinlan. he was easier than I thought he'd be.

Here's a new Obi-wan(and Mace Puppet):

[​IMG]

Another idea I have for the Mace puppet is Obi with the puppet and Mace Windu behind him looking very stern. I might add some of Obi's friend Terified. And Qui-gon snickering in the back ground.

Ry

15. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Grr, I am behind by quite a number of posts!!

Excellent drawings!!

I favor the one with Jacen even though which book in the NJ0 does this take place?? :confused:

Anyways, I look forward to the next updates!!

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I love the Obi Wan with the Mace puppet! I can just see the young padawan, sort of "spoofing" his superior/teacher! It would certainly be in character for a young student with a stern instructor! lol! Great piece!

FF

17. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I've never seen star wars characters drawn chibi style. very cool stuff, Ryurri-chan.

18. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    DarthMikus:thanks

FalconFan:thank you. I might do more of the puppet. Him and Obi need a comic strip.

obi-wanfan123: thanks. Don't Worry I'm hard to keep up with.

More Obi-wan:

[​IMG]

Ry

19. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Aww..

Thats so cute!

20. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    obi-wanfan123:Thanks

More art !!
    Young Anakin's eye:

[​IMG]

Ry

21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    More Art !!

Anakin on Tantooine:

[​IMG]

Ry

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Ryuuri! Sorry not to have commented on the latest before now--it's been sort of nuts in DRL lately!

I really love the "close-up" of Ani's eye--it looks very real, with the highlights and color gradations...something that's very tough to show (well...for me, anyway!)! Lovely! And Anakin on Tattooine is also great: the environment is very much like his home in TPM--the smooth walls and many arches. Great depiction of him and his home! Wonderful!

FF

23. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Excellent shading!!

I look forward to the next post!

24. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: thanks ! no problem if you don't comment !

Obi-wan123: Thanks

New Obi-wan:

[​IMG]

Also I just thought I'd give my thoughts on a book I just bought ! star wars chronicles: the prequels is a great book to use for Ref. Lots of great pictures. It's an oversize book. A little Expensive but very cool.

Ry

25. Garen_Muln

Garen_Muln Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    aww ryuuri-chan i love ur art^^ its so cute especially little obi
    with the mace puppet and now the new little obi with the qui
    puppet and the *takes a look in her dictionary*^^ plaster (o_O'?) on the
    nose ohh and the garen art^^