main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Poor little Obi Wan! Someone "popped" him in his little nose--bully! :mad: The look of hurt in his eyes is just perfect--as if he's saying "What did I do...?" The little Qui Gon doll is great too--it really looks like our esteemed Jedi Master! Another lovely piece! And congrats on getting your new book--it has to be great fun to browse through that!

FF

2. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Hey Ryuuri! I love your anime-inspired style! I had actually come across your Aayla Secura that's in your first post somewhere else on the web in the past!

I look forward to seeing more! :)

--Gio

3. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Awwww, that is adorable, but who hurt Obi??

4. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Garen_Muln: Thanks. Do you mean Band-aid on the nose?

FF: Thanks. The bully idea came from the fact in the JA books Obi-wan is bullied a bit. The new book is great BTW. Good Tool. Love the Qui-gon you did last. I so want to be able to do that.

Giolon05: thanks. I'm working on it.

obi-wanfan123: hehehehe. It was Bruck.... He did it !!!!

I always enjoy drawing Ewan Mcgregor. I find him easy to draw and if I have a block I draw him to get rid of it.

Ewan McGregor Sketch:

[​IMG]

Note from Ryuuri: Merry Christmas everyone and have a Happy New Year!

Ry

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow...wish I could do that: have a character/person that I could draw so well that doing it got rid of "artist's block..." ;) That's a great sketch of Ewan--it still amazes me that you get such a good resemblence to the human person in such a "spare" style--marvelous! This looks like it may have come from a publicity photo of him, with the "Union Jack" t-shirt and everything... Great piece, Ry!

FF

6. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Good eye !!! It is from a photo of the permiere of Valiant. That you very much . BTW Ewan doesn't look good with George Lucas hair. (Ry shakes head)

Here's Another sketch of Ewan:

[​IMG]

Ry

7. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Another in my line of Drawing Ewan. This time I drew him with his wife. Everyone draws Ewan. Ewan's Wife gets a bit neglected.

Ewan and Eve:

[​IMG]

Ry

8. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Some other SW drawings I've done form different times I've just never posted them:

Chibi Obi:
    [​IMG]

Alien Medic:
    [​IMG]

Padme Sketchs:
    [​IMG]

Random Star Wars Sketch:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ry

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! Another whole host of sketches that I missed! Guess the holidays are taking up more time than I thought!

I just love the Ewan studies, Ryuuri--that you've chosen to work from some photos other than Star Wars is sort of refreshing! And it's cool to see his lovely bride as well!

I really like the studies you've done of the "Alien Medic"--it's great fun to see a relatively overlooked character get some attention, and you've certainly captured its appearance well. The "Padme" sketches are all wonderful, but I love the "balcony Padme" best--that view looks just like Nat, and the hair is just wonderful in that one.

And of course, I love the chibis! Chibi Qui Gon has to be my fav of these (although the little "dancing Chewie" comes a very close second! ;) )--the Obi Wan is also good.

Over in my thread you were asking about my blending techniques for graphite: I use a couple of methods, both of which I learned here in our forum from other artists--one is to use tortillons (rolled paper stubs--works best when blending smaller areas), the other is to wrap a plain paper Kleenex (tissue) around a finger and smudge with that (works best for larger areas and general smoothing). Both give good results on most surfaces/papers--the smooth-surfaced Bristol board (some call it illustration board) seems to provide the best results for this type of blending. Hope that answers your question, and feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further.

Lovely additions here, Ry--keep 'em coming! :D

FF

10. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: thanks. I used to draw realistic a bit. I just really like anime drawing. More fun less serious.

New Obi-wan:

[​IMG]

Ry

11. Garen_Muln

Garen_Muln Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    aww chibi obi with qui-doll thats so adorable :)
    i love ur chibi obi^^ also liked the other pics above the ewans ect ^^
    i like the anime style...

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh, he's so sweet! [face_love]
    * :* little Obi*

13. Immortal-Soul

Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Great Artworks. I like your pieces.

14. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Immortal-Soul, Chilla & Garen_Muln: thanks

My first 2 pieces of 2006:

Anakin:

[​IMG]

Obi-wan, Siri, and Anakin:

[​IMG]

Ry

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Ryuuri! You're already way ahead of me in the posting department--I can't keep up with you "speedy artists!" :p
    Loving the latest chibi Obi Wan--and the Anakin piece is great: you did a wonderful job with the hair (which, with ROTS Ani, is royally tough!)! I like Anakin's pose, too--sort of a "YES!" kind of stance and gesture! Perhaps his belated reaction to finally realizing he was going to be a dad... ;) I couldn't get the link to work on the "group pic"--it went to your page, but wouldn't load the picture.

All in all, some nice additions!

FF

16. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks. Anakin's hair is a pain. I have trouble with his hair alot. The second link sould work.

RY

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= Wonderful new pieces.

18. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Chilla: Thanks

ROTS Chibi Anakin:
    [​IMG]

Ry

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Okay--there it is! Love the Anakin, Obi and Siri picture--the sort of clandestine embrace and Anakin's angry, shocked face peeking out from behind the tree (the age-old "Do as I say--not as I do" dilemma from our parental figures!)--excellent! And the new Anakin study is great--it looks like you took it from one of the promo pics for ROTS. The detailing on the costume and again, the hair, is wonderful! Great work!

FF

20. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    !!! Anakin! =D
    I'd been wanting to see a chibi Anakin ^_^

21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks. I had a good time with that Group picture. The I started with Anakin and went from there.

That_Wascally_Droid: The world needs more Chibi anakin !!!!!! [face_laugh]

New Picture: Anakin
    [​IMG]

Was fooling around with the way I color.

Ry

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_love] So cute!

23. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    thanks Chilla !

Twice in one day with Another update:

[​IMG]

Was having trouble with Yoda so I drew Anakin. Hehehe !

Ry

24. Garen_Muln

Garen_Muln Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    although i hate anakin skywalker (sry cant help it :D )
    but i love those chibi anakins :) especially the look on the
    face of the last chibi anakin pic ^^

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Love the latest two Anakin pieces, Ryuuri! Both of them have his characteristic "scowl" and really capture him very well! I love the way you do the clothing: there's so much detail in it, via the excellent tonal shading and drapery--lovely. A new Yoda, eh? Can't wait--and great updates!

FF