main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    more sketchs..........

Mace Windu:
    [​IMG]

council Women:
    [​IMG]

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Ryuuri! Thought I'd better drop a reply before I fall any farther behind with your prolific work! You weren't kidding that you draw every day! You post almost that often, too! :D

"Padme and Anakin" is a wonderful perspective, with us looking at Padme just past Anakin's face--it adds a lot of tension to the composition, which goes along with Padme's pensive expression and the sort of smoldering look in Anakin's eye. Lovely!

Your "chibi Vader" rocks! He's so cute (of course, this style makes even the most vile villains look adorable! ;) ), and you've gotten great detailing on his very-complex costuming! Nice!

"Clan-Age Jedi" are too cute--young Yoda is a very interesting interpretation!

The "Obi Wan Character Sheet" is a beautiful example of all the emotions/expressions that you can capture, with such a wonderful economy of line--I love this sheet! The last face is one of my favorites, sort of a "What ever..." kind of look, lol! And the little "Obi-doll" is just darling!

"Chibi-Maul" is just too huggable! I can't get over the way this style just appeals to the heart, no matter the character! The coloring on this one is just wonderful, as always--rich with hue and texture--again, lovely job!

Your "Mace" sketch is also very nice (again, love to see the "quick sketchy work!"). The general likeness lacks a bit (a little wider nose, perhaps...?), but with that bald head and intense gaze, there's really no question as to who this is, is there? ;)

The "Council women" studies are wonderful--I particularly like the one on the right: she has a very wise and intelligent look, and she's so beautiful! I really appreciate being able to see the "initial" stages of your "process"--it's a real treat, so thanks for that!

Will you eventually be coloring some of the sketches? I'll be watching for them! Great, great stuff, Ryuuri!!

FF

3. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    thanks FF !!! Some i'll finish. Sometimes I just use them for ideas.

here's some more art.

Adi:
    [​IMG]

Another sad sketch of Kenobi:
    [​IMG]

These words came to mind while drawing Obi:

I cry for the fallen
    for they are gone
    joined the force in the beyond

4. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    this is the finished one for a sketch of the obi-wan above:

[​IMG]

5. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Oh my poor sweet Obi is crying yet again!

Excellent pain-filled expression. I really do marvel at how you are able to give these art pieces so much rich colour and beautiful fabric texture. It makes for a very distinctive style. It's also nice to see artwork of Adi for a change. Brings a little variety to the forums and I like your anime rendition of her too. Lovely soft shading of the skin. ^_^

Not much of an expert when it comes to characters other than the 'main' ones from SW, but she doesn't smile much does she? :p

- Suz ^_~

6. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    hi !

Here's another sketch.

Plo Koon:
    [​IMG]

7. DARTH_RAMA

DARTH_RAMA Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Not the best but eh..

8. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    here's a new picture of Obi-wan:

[​IMG]

9. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi Again !

here's a new picture:

Anakin from Return of the Jedi as a force ghost:
    [​IMG]

10. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    SUZ: Thanks Suz !
    The ending is very sad for Obi. Pain is a really expression for me I'm not sure why. Photoshop is my trick for the color and texture. Adi doesn't smile at least not in the movie. thanks for the comments !

2 new pieces:

Chibi Obi- His hair is a bit dark but it does look dark short:
    [​IMG]

And a group picture:
    [​IMG]

Ry

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like the newest "adult" Obi Wan, Ryuuri--he has an almost thoughtful expression on his face--very nice!

Force-ghost Anakin is interesting--again, the thoughtful expression seems appropriate here, as he's looking at Luke after just returning to the Light Side...

And chibi-Obi Wan is great (I just love that style!)! His pose is very dynamic and as usual, the coloring and shading are wonderfully done!

The "cast picture"--is that of Anakin, Obi Wan and Padme...? It's a unique perspective of them, if so--just their eyes.

Lovely work, as always!

FF

12. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi FF !

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad youy really like the Adult Obi-wan. I was thinking of doing a whole set of them. The force-ghost Anakin was just to see if I could do a ghost Jedi and maybe with a bit more practice wouldn't it be cool to have the 3 (Yoda,Obi-wan and Anakin) and make it so you also see the crowd behind them with other force ghost like Mace, Qui-gon, and Kit in there as well. I'm a huge Chibi fan myself. So I'm glad others enjoy it as well. The "Cast picture" is Obi-wan, Anakin and Padme. I love eyes. Eyes are the window to the soul. I wanted to be different.

I was wondering if you saw that I completed the sketch of baby Luke and Obi-wan? I know you were wondering if I was going to finish that.

Here's a new picture:
    The Chosen One
    [​IMG]

13. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Mace Windu ? Never really did like the guy!! But man you make him look really cute <3 I like how you can still see the sketchy lines.. hehe

Another sad sketch of Kenobi ? Nice colours on the obiwan pic? I never would of imagined it to turn out like that!

Chibi Obi - *Almost dies* AK! HE LOOKS SO HUGABLE!!! He?d make the best damn Plushie ever!

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Excellent one of Anakin in "The Chosen One!" I love the scowl you've given him here--it's so like all those promotional pics we saw of Anakin (I don't think there was one of him smiling...was there...?)! Great job with his robes/costuming, too--great shading!

And yes--I saw the finished one of Obi Wan and baby Luke--so heartrending! :_|

Wonderful new piece!

FF

15. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    labpizza: Thanks for your comments, I've been told I can do anything cute. The sad Kenobi never sure how there going to work out but they always seem to. Chibi Obi is always good. I heard of someone who makes customs stuffies I was tempted to get an Obi !

FF: thanks FF ! Your right I do think he was smiling in any of them. I'm glad you saw it the fiished Obi/luke.

Ry

16. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    I like Star Wars and I like manga. Your manga style is awesome! It's unique! And I like your colour work.
    You are in DA? I'll put you in watch asap!
    And your Obi works are just LOVELY!!!
    [face_love]

17. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Marmida: Thanks. I am in DA. my name is Ryuuri on DA.

Here's my new piece of art:

Finished piece:
    [​IMG]

Ry

18. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    crosspost from the Fan Art Challenge!

happy Halloween !

It's Anakin's first halloween at the Jedi temple:

[​IMG]

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL!! [face_laugh]

I love this!! And how inspired is that, to have Ani in a Yoda costume?! The little green ears, hands and feet...too cool, and so cute! This is great, Ryuuri!

And somehow I missed your beautiful little "dinner Padme" piece too! What a lovely drawing--the detailing in her dress is just wonderful (as always--you seem to have such an eye for the details!)! Another wonderful addition!

FF

20. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks. I thought it would be funny to have Anakin dressed as Yoda. I came out with the idea that children will dress as what they know..... the picture went thought many redraws. Including that the footwear was Obi-wan and Anakin was just borrowing it.

21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    New picture:

Ewan to easy to draw. I usually don't draw new republic stuff but here's Mara jade.

Ewan:
    [​IMG]

Mara Jade:
    [​IMG]

ry

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ewan is easy?!?! :eek:

I've only been able to get his face right once, in my "Revelations" piece--and that took me weeks to do, lol! ;)

Ahem...

I love the way you color these, Ryuuri--as always: there's just such a richness to the colors and highlights--the fabrics, hair and eyes look especially real. Obi Wan's robes here look like green velvet, or some other heavily napped and light-reflective fabric--the word "lush" comes to mind! And I'm loving your EU foray with Mara! I've never seen her done in this style before, and you seem to have captured her very well. I think her torso might be just a tad wide in this initial sketch (your sense of proportion is so wonderful, tho, that I'm sure you've probably already corrected this), but I love the expression on her face and the swirl of her fabulous mane of hair. Excellent capture of the character!

Nice additions, and glad to see some new work!

FF

23. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice work. I am not a fan of this style of drawings (I hope that doesn't sound like criticism, I am just more into realistic paintings), but my sons are fans of anime so I am familiar with this type of art. And from what I see you are really, really good at it.

I especially like what you are doing with Mara Jade. I have never seen her rendered in this style. She looks really good so far.

Keep up the good work.

AG88

24. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks ! Ewan is easy. Everytime I have trouble drawing Star Wars characters I draw Ewan or Obi-wan and it helps.

AG88: thanks

More Mara:
    [​IMG]

Ry

25. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    The colored Version of the Pencil Mara Above:

[​IMG]

Ry