main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Excellent work. I had to laugh though. Mara looks just too cute and cuddly to be the Emperor's Hand--a cold blooded Imperial Assassin. :p

Great job!

AG88

2. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    AG88: I know I didn't mean to make it quite so cute. I have a little trouble with evil. I also haven't done NRJ before b ut I'm reading the dark nest trilogy and I am finding I like Mara. Now to work on a Jacen Solo.

Ry

3. Bremerton

Bremerton Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Cool style. Several of these pictures positively shimmer...

Most of these are either pretty neutral- minor characters, no emotion- or they are rather jovial... Things like Obi with baby Luke which several commented on, or the Dark Anakin picture are ones that stand out to me as a result... I'd also like to see you branch out within the anime style, as there's a lot of untapped diversity within that style... And start continually upping the level of complexity in the image, too, with different angles and increased detail, or larger layouts with multiple subjects... In other words, you've got something good, and now you ought to experiment with it like crazy...

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL at AG88's comment about your chibi Mara being "too cute and cuddly!" I think, in this style, that even Palpatine might fall into the "cute and cuddly" category! [face_laugh]

As always, you've done a great job capturing the character in this style--you have a proper "Mara-scowl" on her face, and that simply makes the piece! The painting/coloring are superb, as always--and I like this almost "trading card" frame you've put her in--cool!

I think Bremerton has some good suggestions, Ryuuri--to challenge yourself and try some new and more complex compositions. You have so much talent, it's always a good thing to try to expand it! Can't wait to see some more!

FF

5. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Bremerton : thank you for your comments and suggestions. I've been trying to do that but my leg isn't good right now and I have been having trouble. I'm working on a picture that I hope will turn out. I did a pre-sketch on the back ground to see the detail and how to do it.

FF: Thanks. I will work on it ! As I said above I have a sketch of a detailed picture I'm working on.

ry

6. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    My latest sketch:

[​IMG]

Ry

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice shot of the Jedi Council chambers! Great perspecitve, and excellent detailing--everything looks right in proportion! I have the worst time in the world with drawing architecture/mechanical stuff! lol! Will you be adding anything to this, or coloring it? I actually like it this way (I'm a sucker for pencil sketches!)--very nice! :D

FF

8. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks. I have plans to color it and add Anakin. I thought like the Sunset of the Jedi. Working on penning now. Don't feel bad my architecture/mechanical stuff usally isn't good either. I sometimes get it I sometimes don't.

Not Star wars but I sort of got it:

RY

9. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Screen shot of the Council chamber being colored. Still have things to work out:

Ry

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome LOTR piece, Ryuuri--the richness of the coloring is stunning: it's like being in a Renaissance cathedral with sunlight lancing through all the stained-glass windows--lush, vibrant color, along with the reflections of the gilding on the columns and walls...just beautiful! I picture this as the offical wedding of Arwen and Aragorn--such an opulent place is certainly fit for such royalty! ;)

The start on the Council Chambers is marvelous! The sunset looks fantastic, and very realistic--I'm a sucker for sunsets, anyway! Can't wait to see this completed--it's going to be just awesome!

FF

11. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks. The LOTR piece the the Hall of Rohan. You wouldn't believe the amount of time that picture took me. One of the coolest thing was I took it to a Con and Sean astin was there and saw it ! I have a piece of mine signed by him too.

RY

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh awesome about the Sean Astin autograph! Kewl!!

The "Sunset" picture is coming along beautifully--I'm sure you're already thinking about it, but I'd remind you to bring some of that rich amber light into the chamber itself--brush it around on some of the surfaces (you handled the same sort of effect so beautifully in the LOTR piece that the advice is no doubt unnecessary...). I just watched ROTS again last night and was once again so moved by the shots comparing Anakin and Padme, staring across the cityscape at each other, many kilometers apart, but clinging to each other in their hearts...as Anakin falls... :_| "Sunset" is going to illustrate that moment so beautifully!
    =D=

FF

13. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF- Thanks for the info I will remember that.

Here's some Sketches of Obi-wan:

[​IMG]

Extra Info:

Bruck was Obi-wan's rival at the temple. Bruck used to tease Obi-wan and call him Ofy-wan.

Ry

BTW: IT CAME IT CAME !!! I have my copy of Dressing a Galaxy !!!! WAI WAI !

14. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Whoa!!

You have terrific drawings and you draw like its as easy as drinking water!!

Truly terrific and I look forward to seeing your next product!!

( Hey no far!! I wanted a copy of Dressing A Galaxy!! :mad: )

Oh well!!:)

15. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    obi-wanfan123: Thanks. I find Obi-wan easy to draw. So I draw him alot which makes him easier to draw. One big cycle.

Youngling Obi-wan-

[​IMG]

RY

16. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh my god!!

He is soooo cute!!

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Your little chibi characters are just the cutest things Ryuuri!! I love all the sketches of Obi Wan, with just the one "eye" of an adult Obi--the youngling Obi Wan is adorable! You've certainly perfected this style of drawing, that's for sure!

Great additions!

FF

18. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: thanks

obi-wanfan123: thanks. Some of the charaters I'm drawing will make sense will when you read the Jedi Apprentice series. It's a good set of Books.

Siri Tachi and Garen Muln:

[​IMG]

Ry

19. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Awww...

They are soo cute!!

Siri and Garin, they look like little plushies that I want in my bedroom!!

I am pretty sure that Siri and Garin are Obi-Wan's childhood friends.

RIght??

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, they really are cute! This almost looks like a Jedi Academy line of cards, the way you're doing them, Ryuuri! Each padawan gets their own special little drawing! I love the way you've done Siri--she really looks intelligent and inquisitive! They're both wonderful!

FF

21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF:thanks FF.

obi-wanfan123: thanks. You're right obi-wanfan123 they were.

Here's Some more of the same line.

Garen, Siri, Obi-wan, and Bruck:

[​IMG]

Bant:

[​IMG]

ry

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome!! An anime Mon Calamari!! I'm really looking forward to Bant being finished, Ryuuri--I think it'll be awesome! Doing some more of the alien species might be a good challenge for you--Rodians, Ithorians, etc. It would be great to see some of them in your style! Very nice collection of the padawans, too--each one is unique!

FF

23. Ulario

Ulario Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Eep! Those are so cute! My favorite out of them is definately the Mon Cal. :)

24. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Lovely detail in the LotR scene you have there. (Eowyn and Faramir?) It looks so beautiful and I could totally understand that it took a while to complete (you even got the tiny detail in the banners!). And it rocks that you got an autograph. ;)

Oh, Garen and Siri look great, and it's very interesting to see a mon cal char. in your drawing style. I'd like to point out that you handle the colouring of eyes really well - I like that you add in detail of the lines in the iris. It's a small thing to comment on, but I really think it makes a difference, especially since I don't see that in a lot of anime styled eyes.

All of your character drawings are so darned 'huggable'. I dub thee the Queen of Cuteness. :)

- Suz ^_~

25. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Cool!!

I have always tried to imagine what Bant would look like!!

They all look so cute!!