main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Shmokers!, you have so much new stuff!

Bruck
    Bruck? The list of SW Characters I don't know seems to be never-ending. Another thing I like about your drawings is that they are alwasy so nicely layed out, giving them a very polished look, if you ask me. It's also interesting that you have provided a close up of his eye in the bottom right hand corner - and in colour! much to my delight. ^_^

First Age armor Elrond
    I love the amount of detail included on the armour in this one as well as the design on the banner. Is there supposed to be a dotted line running across the banner though? Or was that just a remnant from lining up the staff...or is it something else that I'm just not seeing?

Darkside Bruck
    Oooo, Definately darkside. The shading under the eyes and the position of how his bangs hang down in front do well to give the impression of an evil 'vibe'. Also like how you added in the aura around his body.

Siri Tachi
    Awww, she looks so cute! She kind of looks like she's half posing to show off her outfit. (I keep thinking of a girl about to curtsy). Looks just as good as your other work despite the fact it has no shade. It's interesting.

Quinlan Vos Sketch
    Nicely done! You've captured his rough exterior - the hardness is etched in his face. But, his arm muscles don't look quite right though. His shoulders appear too small, and doesn't seem match up with the rest of the arm the further down you go.

Jacen
    One word - Awwwwwwwwwwww. And I though Siri was cute. So adorable.
    Zee baby looks so cute. I just had to say it.

Obi-Wan & Mace Puppet
    You know, I read the title, and I still was uprepared for this picture. [face_laugh]
    I'm sorry, but I find this incredibly funny. George Lucas should officially make that Mace Puppet exactly as you've drawn it. I love it. This is one of my fave's :)

Obi-Wan
    Wow. The colouring in this one looks sharp! Beautiful gradual shading applied in his outfit and just as a whole! And such lovely eyes. I don't know anyone who has gotten as much detail eyes in the anime style as you do.

Anakin on Tantooine
    Am I the only one that finds this a little bit sad? There's not a single soul around, and he's just standing in the doorway all by his lonesome with what I percieve to be an expression stating "Where did everyone go?". Nice work on the Tattoine buildings in the BG - you've matched the style pretty well. Also really well handled colouring done on Anakin, as he's so small, so it must have been hard to keep that much detail intact while still making it clearly visible.

Oh, and a very splendid close-up of Anakin's eye in the previous post! (almost missed it) I marvel at the attention to so much detail - especially in such a small space. And the inclusion of the white halo on the near rim of the eye makes it all the more lively.

Obi-Wan
    Is he holding a Qui-Gon Jinn doll? Even more adorable stuff. (but really, why should I be suprised?). The colours in this one are so rich - I am so loving the blue background! It's an interesting blend of a crystal type of pattern, (kind of like a mosiac window), yet it sot of looks like soft silky sheen overlayed. It's very nice. My poor 'lil Obi is scared! Aw, come here Obi and I'll kiss your boo-boo better. ;) :p.

Ewan McGregor Sketch
    You draw him to get rid of a drawing block? Wish that would work for me. Great detail to his jacket - the seams and the pockets look solid. You also did a good job on capturing his likeness - something that I'd find difficult to do considering the style, but you seem to do just fine.

Another Ewan Sketch
    I think this one looks even better than the other one. Nice shading and the detail to his clothes looks just as good as the one prior.

Ewan & Eve
    I've seen his wife only once, but I love this picture. It looks like something that would be taken from a Movie Premiere night. Have I mentioned I love the way you colour? I really do, and this pi

2. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Massive Replies:

Garen_Muln: Thanks. Don't you just wanna hug him ! Maybe I should use the Slogan: Have you hugged your Chibi Anakin today ?!

FF: Thanks. I haven't done the Yoda yet but I'll post it when I finish it.

Your_Worshipfulness: Thanks ! Bruck and Siri are both in the Jedi Appentice books. I just love those books. There for younger readers but still are very good. I love the tale of how Obi-wan became Qui-gon's Appentice and the adventures from that. Siri appears in others. Secrets of the Jedi for Example.
    The Anakin on Tantooine my secret is I color the characters bigger and then shrink them in. That way the detail is still there.
    Not sure about the line in the banner. I'll Check and let you know.

Another Sketch:

[​IMG]

This is Hayden in another show he was in called Higher Ground. All from the First episode called Scott Free.

Ry

3. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Very nice anime-likeness. Good job.

4. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    thanks Giolon05.

Another sketch of Hayden from Higher Ground:
    [​IMG]

Ry

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah--at last I got the latest to upload for me--I was having a terrible time yesterday, for some reason...
    **shrugs**

Great work Ryuuri! It's always fun to see your interpretation of different characters/actors, and it still stuns me how well you manage to capture likenesses in your style. Loving the emotion on Hayden's face in these last sketches (loving too that you've left in the faint "rough-out" lines--it's so great to see how your work comes together! Thanks for that!)--it's right there to see. Very nice additions!

FF

6. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks. Hayden did a great job in Higher Ground, I can't take the credit, It's all Hayden, Deviant was in Read only mode last night so that is why you might of had trouble.

New picture of Hayden:
    [​IMG]

Ry

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Really like the colors in this one, Ryuuri--the blue in particular: very vivid, and beautifully shaded to keep its richness while still showing contours. Lovely. Is this from a promotional photo? The pose makes me think it might be (perhaps from the show you referred to in the previous post...?). Very nice piece!

FF

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    "The Anakin on Tantooine my secret is I color the characters bigger and then shrink them in."

Ah! I wish I could do that on my computer, but sadly, everytime I try to make the attempt to work so large, my comp never seems to handle it well. It also doesn't help me much since I'm notorious for using way too many layers all at once, which just bogs the thing down even further.

-----
    Chibi Obi
    Cute as ever and great colour! I do think that maybe you should show where the fingers seperate on the hand holding the lightsaber though.

Alien Medic
    A character that I don't much of, so it's nice to put some attention on him, like FF said. The sketch looks great - all the parts are distinct for something so rough, so it's nice that you included all that work.

Padme Sketch
    Aw, the chibi version of Padme is adorable, and is immediately the one that stood out to me. In the first sketch (in her senator outfit, I believe), he face looks really long, and I think it should be shortened somewhat. She's also got a bit of a square jaw, so I think if you could round it out some more and maybe add more of a point to her chin, it would definately bring out the more feminine look. I love her long wavy curled hair though. You should really get a nice finished piece up of her (with the super detailed eyes I love so much!) :)

Random Star Wars Sketches
    Man, your chibi's are the best, have I said that before? I'm particularly liking that Obi-Wan on the second sketch page. His hair and beard clearly define his character here - and I love his pose. That Chewie sketch would make an excellent keychain in my mind. :p

New Obi-Wan
    Wow, very nice! I like how you layed it out. I could see this as being good for a homepage banner, or one could place content right into the sky portion on the left of him. Lovely clean art and colouring (as always). I always love it when you add the characters holding dolls of other characters. It's a unique idea, and they are just as cute as buttons. My only crit is that you've added a shadow for Obi, but not for the dolls he's holding. And one more thing - I think the the BG would look much more sharper with a border added to it.

Anakin
    Now that looks sharp. Love Anakin's celebrating pose. It's also nice to see him smiling as his EpIII version. Most people tend to go for the grim, evil look, so it's actually quite refreshing.

Obi-wan, Siri, and Anakin
    LOL. Oh this is great! Great idea. I must say, I was uprepared for it. It's a nice intimate moment you've captured of Siri and Obi, and more importantly, one I've never seen depicted before. The manner in which Anakin is poking out from behind the tree makes me chuckle. Nice sense of humour. :p Excellent painting of the grass! It really does look like patches of blades.

ROTS Chibi Anakin
    His Jedi outfit looks superb! It's dark, but you've managed to still make it stand out with some very well handled highlighting. And boy do I love the detail in his hair. *Oggles*. Nice choice of adding a thick white stroke around the body to seperate him from the BG. The soft glow of the lightsaber is lovely as well. I think this is one of the best Anakin drawings you've done.

Anakin
    Oh! I just said that the previous Anakin was the best, but after seeing this, I'm not so sure anymore. I think with every new picture, you improve even more. The linework is crisp and clean and colours are just as vibrant as ever. I also like how you added a small pattern to the BG instead of just leaving it as a simple gradient. Makes it a bit more interesting to look at.

Anakin
    Whoa, even more? Big fan? Well no complaints on my end. Impressive work on his stance while still maintaining so much detail. It's always nice when you can see everything clearly - in this case, where his legs seperate from eachother. Once again, the little addition of stars to the side make the BG more interesting, and I think was a good idea. Also like how such fine detail in the hair is still intact.

Hayden

9. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FalconFan: thanks ! It is a promotional photo but not from Higher Ground, I think it's from a magazine. I'd have to check which one.

Your_Worshipfulness: Thanks for your comments.

Obi-wan, Siri, and Anakin is another example of me doing the character separately and adding them after. The Siri and Obi-wan were done together and Anaki by himself. I was thinking about your problem about the doing thing separately and I had a thought on that. Well a few in truth...... You could try once you are finished make a Layer that you put all your finished layer into to limit the amount you have. I color as BMP at 1500. You could try working at that size. It's a good size.

The Padme Sketch was one of the first sketches I did of Star Wars art. I've only been drawing Star Wars since I saw episode 3 in June of 05. I thought Grevious would make a great anime character.

Hayden is all tied up:

[​IMG]

Snow Hayden:

[​IMG]

Enjoy
    Ry

10. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Yet another Hayden:

[​IMG]

No I don't like hayden not at all.....

ry

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL about the "Hayden-obssessed" comment in your title-bar! ;) We already sort of figured that out! :D

Loving the latest pieces Ryuuri--but most especially the last post: this one has a wonderful "pensive" feel to it, and with the more mature face, it's a wonderful study of him. I could see this not only as a portrait of Hayden, but of a non-Dark Anakin Skywalker, post-Clone Wars, perhaps wondering how he is going to protect his wife and children from Palpatine and the Purge... **plot bunny...?** Lovely coloring--I still love the way you highlight your pieces--it's very warm and soft and effects wonderful "volume" to each piece. Great job!

Sorry it took me so long to get in here and comment--been struggling a bit with RL and "artist's block" lately, so haven't been around as much as I like to! Wonderful to see more work from you!

FF

12. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    FF: Thanks! I hope you got over your artists' block. Here's a good piece for a good laugh!!!!!! Hope it brightens your day.

Dancing Hayden:

[​IMG]

Ry

13. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    For the Time being here's a Ben Skywalker sketch. The little girl I'm a nanny to thinks it's cool that Obi-wan was called Ben because it's her dog's name. Although she likes Obi I would say Vader is her Favorite.

Ben Skywalker Sketch:

[​IMG]

14. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Another picture. After seeing a picture of Hayden at a Friend's LJ it looked like he was a part of the hood. So I drew it.

Hayden in the Hood:

[​IMG]

15. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    ROFL! I love the new image. I got a good chuckle out of that. Fantastic job.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Blast!! I've missed a lot of updates in here! :oops:

Sorry Ry!

Anyway--I had a wonderful giggle over "Dancing Hayden!" He just looks so happy and spirited there! Love the hand in the air, pointing, ala John Travolta, lol!

And what a great rendering of Ben Skywalker!! I love this--that ruffled-up hair is so ANH Luke, so it's just like his daddy's! A wonderful portrayal of our newest little Jedi!

And "Hayden in the Hood" is quite different from what I was expecting, actually (thinking of Dark Anakin from ROTS...)--but the background and feel of it is quite unique--sort of the "bad Hayden in a real-life bad neighborhood" effect! Another nice piece, with an excellent background. Love the texturing on the walls back there, and the big hinge. Nice.

Beautiful additions, Ryuuri--any plans to try some aliens in your unique style? I think it'd be great to see Greedo or some of the more exotic aliens from ROTS done by you. Think about it!

FF

17. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Giolon05: thanks

FF: Thanks. Your right I should do some aliens. Photoshop is great to color them in. I'd really like to do Bant.

Spoilers for Jedi Apprentice # 9 The Fight for Truth

My Favorite Quote for that book......

Sun suddenly burst through the clouds overhead, dazzling Qui-Gons sight. The glare caused Obi-Wan's features to blur and dissolve. For a moment, Qui-gon didn't see the boy. He saw an elder man, alone, living on a desolated planet, his only companions his dark memories.
    Qui-Gon felt the same shiver had experienced in
    O-Vieves presence. Did he just have a vision of himself as an elder? Was that the dark vision O-Vieve had seen for him? Then a sudden truth pierced him. That isn't me. It is
    Obi-Wan.
    Or was it?

The Picture:
    [​IMG]

18. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    I really like your style. The lineart's so clean, and the colors are really vibrant. I love how you draw and color hair, it looks really smooth, and you always manage to draw the outfits accurately, even in chibi form. Plus it's just adorable!

19. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Fantastic stuff! I really like that elder Obi-Wan image. I haven't read that one, but your image based on the passage is great. Keep it up! :)

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, beautiful Ry! :_| What a fabulous kaleidescope of emotion you've captured here--and coupled with the quote from the book, it really is a heart-tugger! =D= Obi Wan's face is just rife with his sorrow and lonliness--just imagine someone so used to living with so many (at the Jedi Temple, during the war missions), suddenly isolated from everyone he ever knew and loved... :_| What a great rendering of our esteemed Jedi Master. Wonderful as always, Ryuuri!

FF

21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks falconFan, Basement24, and Chasca !
    HAPPY EASTER !

Here's my easter gift to everyone:

[​IMG]

Of course you could read in to this that I just wanted to draw a bunny hayden...... [face_blush]

Have a good one.

22. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] How cute!

Happy Easter to you as well!

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh my!! [face_laugh][face_laugh] This one takes me right back to "Wallace & Grommit and the Curse of the Wererabbit:" the bunny looks just like the cute little plasticine bunnies they modeled for the movie!! Wonderful holiday piece, Ry--great colors, so bright and cheery! Is there a category for this in the April Fan Art Challenge? If there is, I would suggest dropping this in there, as well! Great "Easter Card" Ryuuri!!

FF

24. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Awwwww! He's so cute! [face_love]
    Thanks for this sweet easter present!

25. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks Chilla and Darth_Snuggle.

FF: thanks as always! I did put it in the April challege. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm a little late but better late than never.......

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY HAYDEN ! ALL THE BEST ! :

[​IMG]