main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Eeee! I haven't been back here in a while - sorry! Thanks so much for the advice though! I think my sloppy style of going everywhere all at once works best with traditional medium's than digital :p I change my mind frequently about colour choices or I just get very bored with working on one area for so long and go straight to another. That's when the layer count goes up. :oops:

"...I color as BMP at 1500"

Do you mean you save it as a Bitmap image and work at 1500 x 1500 dimensions? Sorry I'm a little confused. :confused:

I like how you seem to be using more textures and patterns (at least that's how it seems to me) such as on Haydens scarf (Snow Hayden), and the graffitti type background in "Hayden in the Hood", to provide a few examples. I think my favourite is Dancing Hayden (Boy, oh boy, do I love that semi-curlish hair *Yummy*). It's a fun picture - and he's pulling disco moves! It's just fun in general to see Anakin/Hayden drawn in so many different playful ways. (The Easter Bunny suit is a good example of that. ;) ) And you've also tackled our young Ben too! It's nice to see some more artwork of him, especially so to see how other people envision him.

The one of Obi-wan based upon the JA#9 passage is superb! He looks so forlorn standing there in such a desolate area. It Definately provokes an emotional response. Also, I rather like the placement of his character and how the BG expands to the left as it does. Excellent work. =D=

Aaaawwww! The birthday bash is as adorable as all the others you've done. It shares the same use of great colours as the Easter picture does.

...I had a bit of a naughty thought - you should draw Anakin/Hayden popping out of a birthday cake. :D

- Suz ^_~

2. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi Suz!

I do that too get bored with it and move on. To answer you're question I color at 1500 pixels x 1500 pixels. Allows alot of details.

Thanks for the other comments. Hayden is fun to fool around with.

You know hayden would work poping from a cake. Put him up just enough for the candles to cover his private parts. Happy Birthday Mr. President comes to mind somehow !

Ry

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I love the "Birthday Bash" piece, Ry!! He looks so cute and happy--a surprise party perhaps...? ;) Great colors (and all the personalized gift tags are a nice touch, too!) and nice composition! And you and Suz had me laughing with all the "popping-out-of-the-cake" and "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" stuff!! LOL! Remember, we're a family-friendly forum kids! (...although, to look through some of the more "risque" threads in here, it makes you wonder a little... [face_laugh] ;) ) Another nice addition, Ryuuri!

FF

4. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    Ohhh I really like these

this is the kind of art I had in mind for the comic I was wanting to do earlier on in the year

5. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    LordNeo:thanks ! The style lends it's self to comics well.

FF: Thanks FF ! I thought the Birthday bash was funny. You were right thinking it was a surprise party. The Gift tags are(Cause I know there small) are to Hayden From Ewan (McGregor), His parents, Tove(Brother) and Hejsa (sister).
    I'm glad Suz and I had you laughing I would have covered the naughty bits. I thought a Vader in front holding a 2 and a 5. The doll to cover the naughty bits. I would like to change my idea for Mr. Prsident to Happy Birthday Mr Emperor ! I'll just let people minds wander with that I'll be good.

Ry

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow Ryuuri!! =D=

These are all just gorgeous! I absolutely love the detailing you've done on all the costuming: the brocades, trims, textures and "nap" (yes, it's almost a tactile look you've achieved!)--just flippin' fabulous! These are all just wonderful, but I especially love the rough sketch of Pippin (there's just something very cool about seeing an initial sketch--sort of elemental...and sorry if that term confuses you!), and the portrait of Elrond--that's a lovely likeness, and his demeanor and bearing are unmistakably noble...just beautiful! Wonderful pieces, all!

FF

7. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks FF. LOTR is alot of fun to do because of all the textures you can do. Also it has alot of details which are good practice. Here is 2 more LOTR pieces I've done lately:

Ry

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awww! Is that Frodo with a little Sam doll?! How darling is that?! I love it! And the one of Orlando Bloom is wonderful--love the rather "scruffy" look to him in this one--was this a promo pic for another film, or a candid photo in a magazine? The "do-rag" is cool, as is the light facial growth--very nice! Quite different from Legolas, eh? ;) Nice work, as always, Ry!

FF

9. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Ooooo! Lotr! :D

Eomer looks great! You do some fine work with getting so much detail in there clothing (I love the design on the trimming of his robe), and the colouring is always fantastic. Lovely rich colours that really enhance the image. Pippin is soooooo cute and the BG is really great! I really like what you did there. The grass and shrubs look spectacular! It's amazing - I love it. I love your use of texture. His hair looks a bit dark though, and I'm only mentioning this beacuse it's a little tough to see clearly since the trunk of the tree is already quite dark and is directly behind his head.

I always enjoy how seeing the initial stages of other people's work as it's always interesting to see. I like how you chose to draw him in his armour. I think you did really well on his form and on how the armour sits on his body. Plan to colour it by any chance? Elrond looks perfect. I think Deb described his demeanor the best.

Is that Pippin holding a Merry Doll in the most recent update? As are all your drawings in the um, I suppose chibi-like style (or are they just as young kids? Er, Not sure), they always look adorable. That one is just too cute! I love how Pippin is looking up - you always get that child-like playfulness and innocence right on. Nice Orlando! For a second I didn't know who it was because I was expecting someone in armour or a cloak, not the actual actor. :p Looks good. :D

...I gotta say though, I'm a little dissapointed. There's no handsome studly guy popping out of a cake! [face_shame_on_you] :p j/k

- Suz ^_~

10. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi !
    Here is some of my more recent art from The Clone War and Qui-Gon too. Throw him in for good measure.....

Anakin:
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka:
    [​IMG]

Bad guys:
    [​IMG]

Numa:
    [​IMG]

Qui-gon:
    [​IMG]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great detailed close ups. Like to see more artworks. And love your anime style=D=

12. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: thank you very much. If you believe I did the close up eyes while at work. I love my job cause I get drawing time !

Here's pictures of a model I made from plasticine. It took about 2 hours or so to make. I was inspired after working with a group of Kindergarten kids to do a stop motion animation animation with them.

[​IMG]

On another note:
    I made it so almost all the images show up again. There are a few that don't cause right now I don't have them online. But most are there.

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    :eek:

Wow! My German Kindergarden kids did never inspire me to things like that. Only when I started to work as a language teacher for moody Dutch teens, mostly having an issue with German people, the ideas kept rolling in.

:D

Anyway, I am truely amazed by your talent.

=D=

14. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    AzureAngel2 : Thanks. I work with the kids to make animals so they could to an animation and then they made sentences that we animated. After that I thought I might want a Yoda I could make dance.

Here's a new Clone Wars Ahsoka image:

[​IMG]

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Awww. That is very cute. How do you do your art pieces? Digital I suppose?

16. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    AzureAngel2: Thank you. I do use digital. But all my images are hand drawn, penned and then scanned. I still like to draw by hand. I color with a tablet. But the 3 close up on the eyes were done in pencil crayons. And the Master Yoda model is plasticine. Yoda's background is a painting. I try not to limit my self to just digital.

[​IMG]

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I try not to limit my self to just digital.

Good to know.

:)

And thanks for explaining.

[:D]

And your latest piece is utterly cute. Sad to know that ´they´ can be such a trouble when grown.

*works with moody Dutch teens since almost three years and knows a lot about the difficult teenage years*

Therefore it was great to read my self-made SW children books to kiddos around a ´younglin´s age` at the Jedi Con 2010 in Düsseldorf. They had such gleaming eyes as Obi-Wan and where so eager to listen.

*can´t wait for earlybird-Obi-Wan to come back from her well-deserved holidays at the North coast of the Netherlands*

She will love your Initiate Obi-wan as well.

@};-

18. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Great work! Love the rendering.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    AzureAngel2: Thank you !!! I would love to see scans of your children books sometime. I read the Jedi apperantice novel and really loved them. I had a funny idea for a children Star wars thing myself.......

XJapanRoX - Thanks. Now that I figured out a little of the coloring style from Clone Wars I have had fun playing with it.

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love your children and the innocent looks in their eyes.

Great colours too=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank You very much !

I am currently reading the Jedi Apprentice books to 2 of the kids I nanny and they requested that I draw the extra characters so they knew what they looked like. We are currently on book one. If you haven't read them, you really should. There for younger reader but were well done. I was thinking of doing a comic for them. It's an interesting idea.

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you bring them in this Manga style. Innocent looks or mischievous.=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan - Thank you very much.

This is kinda practice. Came up with the idea at work. Lucky for me work has a lot of drawing time.

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a great pose and beautiful lightsaber with the blue shining and showing the background.=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    haha GREAT piece! He looks so adorably ready for battle!

AzureAngel2 likes this.