main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ryuuri's SW fan art (Updated Nov.12th 2017-SW paintings)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ryuuri-chan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    thanks for all your kind comments. Here is a new picture of young Anakin. I have more to come I just need to scan them from my sketchbook.

Young Anakin:
    [​IMG]

2. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Awww, he's adorable! Looks so innocent. His shirt underneath reminded me of a part in Vader's mask. The hair, eyes, and robes are all very cool. I especially love em boots. They look detailed and realistic. :cool:

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Sorry I haven't been around to comment on your latest two pieces, Ryuuri!

Padme's Picnic Dress: WOW!! I agree with wicktone that the "scene" you've drawn behind her is just beautiful, and really adds to the piece--and I love that dress, too (actually, I think just about everyone loves the "Picnic Dress!"). The detailing you've done on it is lovely, and as always, the shading and colors are great!

Young Anakin Skywalker: This is another lovely version of young Ani--you really do capture that innocence with the large and wide eyes, don't you? His costuming is wonderful--great textures and shading on the folds--and I think his boots are great too!

Very nice work, Ryuuri--keep it up!

FF

4. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    thanks FF !! It just all came together nicely.

Here's 2 more piecee:
    Anakin doll :
    [​IMG]

Anakin from ep 2:
    [​IMG]

5. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi !

Just a quick sketch of Aayla Secura:
    [​IMG]

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Ryuuri, and sorry I've missed your last few posts! Been dealing with RL and it takes time!

I really like the AOTC Anakin--geez, his robes look almost real, like I could reach out and feel the texture of the fabric... Wonderful! Your coloring really is superb! And the Ani doll is adorable (where can I get one!?)!

And oh, how we love to see the "rough sketches!" Thanks for putting them up! I especially love the more realistic view of Aayla--she's just beautiful the way you've drawn her, and I love the way you did her lekku. Even in the rough sketch state, she has a great presence and volume--will you be doing her in color? I love it, in any case (and you really know how to capture those anime expressions, too! Great!). Great work!

FF

7. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi FF !

Don't worry about it. I totally understand. Have that happen to me in RL all the time. I know I don't always get to draw as much as I like. Thanks for the comment. I have heard of someone who does make dolls based on sketches and drawing. I'd like a shaak Ti doll. I already have a Chewbacca. Found him at a comic shop and had to take him home. He's really cute.

Here's another sketch.
    Lot of Anakin:
    [​IMG]

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Oh how I love those innocent big blue eyes of Anakin's in "Anakin Doll". It makes me want to reach out and hug him like a teddy bear. Wonderful job on capturing Anakin in his various stages of life in your newest piece and the work on his expressions in each one is great.

...and that drawing of Aayla sticking her tongue out is so darned cute.

- Suz ^_~

9. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks Suz. Doll are really easy to draw. Easy to capture. I used the Anakin in his stages of life as a study so I can know how he changes.

Here's a new sketch:

It's Qui-gon. As he is in TPM and as he would look as a Padawan. The padwan picture I used younger pictures of Liam Neeson from when he had just started acting. He was in his 20's and really hasn't changed all that much since then. I an tempted to try on of Padawan Qui-gon and Master Dooku. It isn't that hard to find Christopher Lee pictures from when he was younger. He played Dracula. He looked very cool.

Here's the picture:
    [​IMG]

After posting this I decided to try Dooku. So here is a young and old Dooku:
    [​IMG]

10. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    More New art. This time I decided to do an expanded universe character. After reading some of the book i kinda thought that Siri Tachi was cool and I've seen any fanart for her so I thought it would be cool to try To do a picture of her.

[​IMG]

11. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Eck, I've missed a lot here...

I'm man enough to admit that I find your pictures adorable. There's just something very innocent about them.

The composite of all the different Anakins is very cool. You did a really terrific job capturing his likeness and attitude at all the different stages of his life.

I also really like seeing the construction lines on your sketchier stuff. For some reason, I really enjoy seeing how different people draw their images and I think it shows a certain amount of confidence in your work to not be afraid to leave them in your pictures. The Qui-Gon as a padawan image is a good example (and he looks great, too!).

And your Siri Tachi looks a bit like Jodi Foster to me (which is never a bad thing).

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Arrgh!! I've missed a lot too! You're just so fast, Ryuuri--it's hard to keep up!
    **stops to catch her breath**
    ;)

I really love the "Many Faces of Anakin" piece--it sort of takes him through the entire PT, from childhood to "the helmet" (and I just love the look you gave him with the little "Padme!" and hearts--perfect!). I liked this one a lot. I also like your iterations of Qui-gon and Dooku (and yes, we all love to see those "sketchy construction lines" in WIPs--thanks for sharing those, too!)--I see a lot of interest lately in young Qui-Gon and his relationship with Dooku when he was a padawan to the soon-to-be Count. You've done a wonderful job with both their faces, bringing them to an appropriate age and "look." And I'm not familiar with Siri Tachi, although I have heard her name before--I had to nod when I read wicktone's comment about her resembling Jodie Foster...one of my most favorite actresses, too...and he's so right! It's a lovely piece, and again (can't say it enough!)--wonderful coloring! Lovely work, Ryuuri, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back in here to look at it!

FF

13. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thank you FF and Wicktone. Don't worry about keeping up with me I draw almost ever day so I have a lot of art. I never even realized that Siri looked like Jodi Foster all thought that is very cool. Thanks for pointing that out!

Here's my newest sketch of Obi-wan and baby luke:

[​IMG]

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :_|

Oh, my...the expression on Obi Wan's face is just heartrending! I could see this moment right after the birth of the twins, and Padme's death, when Obi Wan's heart is truly broken--holding Anakin's son, looking at Anakin's daughter, and believing the twins are now orphans, because their mother is dead and he believes he just killed their father...

:_|

Again--a lovely sketch (and a much more believable "size" to newborn Luke than in the film...meh...): it's so cool to see the baselines and rough-outs that you use in creating your pieces--to look at these, then to go back and study the finished, colored drawings is just wonderful, and really illuminates your "process!" Will you be finishing this, ala the other colored pieces in your gallery? I'd love to see this done like those!

Very nice!

FF

15. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks FF !

here's the finished piece of Obi-wan and baby Luke:

[​IMG]

16. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    FF got it right on the money when describing how you captured that heart-rending expression - You can't help but feel for him. And witty baby luke with those thin strands of hair is adorable, of course. I think you could make absolutely anything look cuddly-cute - even those Warthog looking guards from RotJ (Um, Gammorean's? Sorry but I'm really bad with the names of all the SW species, and the like.)

The colored version is as great as all your other past work. The tear streaked cheek is not just a nice touch, but well done as is the colour and texture put into his robe. I really like the background of this one in particular even if it is rather simple. It really looks like it's from the SW universe and it nicely shaded.

- Suz ^_~

17. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks Suz ! I do try to do alot of cute I once did a chibi Ringwraith from LOTR. Also I had a friend who said I couldn't so I thought I'd prove her wrong !

Here is 2 new sketchs:

Padme:
    [​IMG]

And well sometimes not sure what to say here sooooo here it is:
    [​IMG]

18. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work! :D I especially love your illustration of Obi-Wan with little luke...so sad and sorrowful. :( I really feel for Obi here, and with Luke so innocent! Well done on a really great pic! And your latest sketches are turning out wonderfully...will you finish them up like the Obi/Luke one? I'd love to see what you can do with the Padme in colours...that dress was beautiful! :) Well done on a great selection of art here...you update so quickly, you must work a lot! :D

19. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Nice work Ryuuri, you've certainly gotten more creative since the last time I was here!Obi wan's emotion s in that pic are very expressive and have a good depth. I especially like in the anakin and padme one, the distance of foreground and background, great job!

Arsnl

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I like your style, your pictures kind of feel like they should be on playing cards. Your Vader sketch is very cute!

21. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Corellian_Rogue: Some of the sketchs I will finish. SOme are just pratice. I'm working on another Padme. I love the idea of drawing Padme's clothing cause it has so much detail and is a challenge. Thanks for your comments on the Obi-wan/baby luke picture. You'll be happy to know I used a real newborn as referance as well as the postion in the arms. The baby on Revenge of the sith was just too big. Twins aren't usally so big and it bugged me. The picture cried out to me to be drawen. I felt that the grief of losing everyone and everything dear to him that he would not be able to keep it inside. I had a thought about the fact that while other jedi seem to not age as fast as Obi-wan did. I was wondering if it was the grief and burden of being one of the last Jedi did it to him. And to answer your question Corellian_Rogue: I do work alot. I draw almost everyday and it's rare that I don't. Scary I know.

Darth_ArsnL: Thanks the more I keep working at it the more ideas I get. I'm trying to make as many cool background as possible, I have some neat idea for later.

soitscometothis: thanks. Althought I would love to continue the Star Wars Manga. Do the Attack of the clones and Revenge of the sith to complete the set.

Here is a new sketch of some Clan age Jedi:
    [​IMG]

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I love your art, it is really wonderful. What I like most, is that you can see clearly how the characters feel. I've seen lots of pic where I didn't know what the characters where thinking.
    I would love to see more of your art!

23. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Ahhh! How have I missed your art? I'm sorry I haven't commented until now.

I just adore what you've posted. The finished Barris Offee piece makes me want to hug it, it's so cute! And I really like the very first Padmé you posted. You did a nice job capturing the details in her costume.

I look forward to seeing more. :)

24. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Obi-Dawn Kenobi: I'm easy to Miss !

New Piece of art !

Padawan Obi-wan Kenobi character Sheet:
    [​IMG]

25. Ryuuri-chan

Jul 22, 2005
    Twice in a night ! I'm on a roll. Another new picture. Enjoy !

Darth Maul:
    [​IMG]