main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

#'s 33 - 40 Are People Finding These ???? (Lots On EBay)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by _General_Grievous_, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kad

Kad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I have seen 33-40 in St. Pete, Florida. But they went VERY fast, a day or two. I managed to get a Clone Commander and a Grievous.

Don't buy them on Ebay. It's ridiculous. They'll be everywhere by the start of May, at least.

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Today is the first day that I've seen 33-36 and I bought each one. They only had one of each.

3. _General_Grievous_

_General_Grievous_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I apologize for the length of this, but it's worth a read. Thanks

Wow! What a day! Two things....About Kohl's. I called there yesterday immediately after I heard that they had these figures (#'s 33-40)that are in so much demand. I never knew they had a toy area or section in a Kohl's, so I was surprised when I heard the news. Anyway, I called, spoke with the "Children's Dept." manager. She tells me they have them! Yay! But not yay! She has decided to keep them in the back and not to sell them "until the movie gets closer." First of all, how much closer to the movie date can you get. So last night I went in there, knowing that this manager wouldn't be there, so I tried to get another sales associate to help me. I told her that I spoke to a woman earlier that day, and she told me they were in the back, but I said nothing about her wanting to keep them in the back for some ridiculous reason. She called around and thus the hunt went on looking for these boxes. Never found unfortunately, which is a complete bummer because I think if they found them they would have sold them to me. So anyways, I left my name and number and the girl I spoke with said "someone" would get back to me. Well today went by and that didn't happen. What should I do? Does anyone have any suggestions? I still need to find #37-40, plus I wouldn't min a Palpatine with the red saber. I picked up three today and all had the blue saber.

The great news is I went to a local Wal-Mart tonight looking for these (#33-#40) and I quickly looked on the pegs to find really nothing again. But I then looked over to the open isle and there was a couple of figure boxes sitting right there on the floor. I got excited! Pulled out that master list with all the box numbers/codes that list the types of figures in each box. Jackpot! It was just what I was looking for except no #'s 37-40. But I did score Clone Commander, Clone Pilot, General Grievous (Exploding Body!), and Palpatine(Lightsaber Attack!). Multiples of each because I'm collecting more than one set of the figures. It was a good score. I did ask one of the Wal-Mart employees if it was alright if I could open them and he said it was alright but only after a little coaxing, but he just wanted to scan one first to make sure it worked. He told me he thought those figures were already on the pegs, but I told him that they weren't. He ended up being really cool about it. Later

4. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I'm surprised they'd keep them in the back. If I'm not mistaken the boxes have specific "street by" dates so the toys are out by a certain time. I don't think somebody could arbitrarily decide not to put stuff out.

5. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    keep that one with the BLUE saber, it may become valuable.

I could really give a crap about perceived value, to be honest. What I really want is the corrected red saber version of #35. Right now, though, I have my Palpatine with the "revealed" face and hands, casting force lightning. I guess I'm going to have to get an ROTS Mace after all, so he can be jobbed by the almighty Ian. [face_skull]

6. scubajake

scubajake Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    Browse wal-mart I was in there yesterday and I had found most of them up until 39 but I only picked up palpatine #35 with the blue saber. My older borther on the other hand bought most of them since he works there.

7. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Right now, though, I have my Palpatine with the "revealed" face and hands, casting force lightning. I guess I'm going to have to get an ROTS Mace after all, so he can be jobbed by the almighty Ian.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's awesome. I'm still looking for Palpatine #35, but I won't give up. I'd also like a Clone of some sort. :(

~Vassago

8. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    today im going to toys r us :D ill try and find 32 and up

9. awesomeo

awesomeo Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    I'm in Orlando, and the only figures I've found are up to 32. I'm really hoping I can find these new figures, as the wait is KILLING me! No Kohls here, either, so I can't luck out like you guys.

10. awesomeo

awesomeo Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    I went to a different WalMart tonight and scored 2 Red Royal guards...I was pretty happy. No 33 and up though, sadly.

How rare are these red guards exactly?

11. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I went into my local Target and was surprised to find Mas Amedda and Polis Massan. I bought them both. They did a great job on these two figures.

12. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    They did a great job on Massan!?!?

A white face with two eyes, has got to be the worst figure ive ever found. Of course you cant blame hasbro, but that is one retarded looking creature.

onward

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The Polis Massan reminds me too much of one of these mimes you see on the streets - I just kinda shudder when I see pics of it. I won't be getting that one..

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I came across the first figures I'd ever seen above #32 on a toy run today. A local Wal-Mart had three Clone Commanders, one Clone Pilot, and two "Exploding" Grievous figures. Not much, but better than nothing.

15. awesomeo

awesomeo Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    Not much? Heck, I wish I could find those around here. Only thing I found of note recently was a Red Royal Guard, which I kinda got for bartering/to hold on to...

16. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Not much in the sense that the rest of that wave was already missing...so it was nice seeing them...but at the same time only sort of reminded me that I missed other figures that I wanted to get.

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Haven't found them yet. On a positive note, I did
    find Bigfoot and he's living in my basement. That
    ought to be worth something on eBay I would bet.

18. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Not much in the sense that the rest of that wave was already missing...so it was nice seeing them...but at the same time only sort of reminded me that I missed other figures that I wanted to get.

That's exactly how I felt. I was left thinking "Well, at least now I know they did have the figures I wanted. Next time I have to get up off my hands and get into the store sooner." :p

~Vassago

19. awesomeo

awesomeo Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    Which ones are you guys looking for out of curiosity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.