main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY S/F CON and Grape and Wine

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    The Slanted Fedora Convention and Grape and Wine Fest in Niagara are the same weekend. This is of course a major conflict for us because we all probably would like to be in the Parade. Who will definitely be going to the GW Fest on Sat. instead of the convention? I was hoping that we could do the Costume Social on Sat. but not if we do not have enough of our own members to participate. Also we need representation at the table on Sat. I will probably be at the Con on Sat. since its an important event for us locally and I want to support the convention for the future.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I was going to make a cross-posting about the event later this week.

The parade generally takes place from around 8:00 am until 2:00 pm, depending on where we end up in the parade etc.

Its around a 2 hour drive to/from Rochester so people who plan to head back to the convention that day will be getting back around 4:00 pm. What is the convention schedule like? Are there enough events in the evening that people will head back for it or are they likely to just give the convention a miss that day and participate only on Friday night and Sunday?

I've talked to a few people and they plan to attend both events that weekend. The biggest concern I have right now is what percentage of parade participants plan to head back right away? That will effect our post parade planning.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    we are definitely doing grape and wine saturday and the con fri and sun. :)

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    To the best of my knowledge (no official schedule has been drawn up yet) this is what Sat afternoon/evening will be looking like at the con:

3pm-4pm: 4 of the Star Trek guests will be on stage for their Q&A

4pm-6pm: autograph sessions and possibly a live band on stage as well. Note: If you're interested in an autograph from Julie Benz (Darla from Buffy/Angel) she will only be signing at this autograph session not on Fri or Sun.

7pm-??: dinner/theatre/karaoke (con attendees must purchase a separate ticket for $100 to attend this event)

As the con officially closes at 6pm fan club tables would only need to be manned until then. I think that answered most of your questions Woofer. If not, let me know.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.