Roch, NY S/F Con DeadLine 8/6

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    The Slanted Fedora Convention will be Sept 24,25, and 26th If we are going to have a Chapter Table on any of these dates and run the Costume Social on Sunday the 26 we need to now who will commit to helping, soon. Please look at your calendars and see if you can give nay time on any of those days. We are aware that the Grape and Wine Parade is on that Sat. If there is no one that will be at the convention that day to help then we will not be participating at the can that day of course. That goes for the other 2 days as well. We need to know who would like to do what and when that weekend. The Dead line for Participation will be August 6th. At that time we will decide if we have enough people committed for our chapter to participate in the Convention and on what days. Other Chapters will be asked to participate as well but we will need to be there as well. I am guessing but it seems we will neeed at least 2-3 people Friday night, 2-3 Sat. if anyone will be around, and 2-3 Sunday for the table as well as people to help run the Costume Social. Of course people may wan to actually enjoy parts of the convention at certain times so that means even more people will be needed. We may just end up participating on Sunday. We need to decide soon and to do that we need to know who can do what when. So again, please look at the dates and see what you could do Thank you.
  2. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm planning on being around...not sure about Friday, I'll have to play that by ear.

As far as Saturday goes, my plan is to go to the Grape and Wine parade and right afterwards, head back for SF. Then I should be there the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday.

In theory. Things could change by then, but that's my tenative plan.
  3. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another thought, would be to do a FanForce, 501st and RL table.

If you start now asking 501st and RL people that may not be involved directly with FF to help out, the three groups could man the table(s) together, helping each other out.

Just a thought.
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That sounds like a good idea to combine the 3 groups manpower to man the table. I'm guessing there might be a few of them interested in participating in the costume social as well.
    Do you know who we should contact in each of those groups?

Darren, Connor and I will be at the con all three days, but we're probably going to be spread really thin. We're already volunteered for the Tranquility's table as well as the Video Room and I'm sure Dave Scott will snag me for other various tasks as well.

Of course, somewhere in between all that it would be nice to get some autographs and hear some of the talks as well. Although I wasn't able to do that last year and I'm guessing this year will be less likely...

~Doc_Bev
  5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I forgot about that part. I remember we were talking about having all three groups together outside what ever room we were going to use on Sunday. We have to see how big these tables are because I am thinking 2 tables. We'll figure it out. I really want to go in there and see what we will have to work with. It seems like the main convention stuff ends early on Sat. so I do not know if doing the Parade and going to the Con would be worth it, unless of course you wanted to participate in what ever Con activities were going on, like the Dinner Theater and stuff. The more I think about it the more I think it will be easier to just concentrate on Sunday. I was thinking of doing the table on Sat. but not alone and I do not think it would be worth the $10, If thats all I was interested in doing. I'll go to the parade if I can get a ride.
  6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    I have not heard from anyone from Salt City Jedi, North Ridge or Young Jedi Niagra yet, so I am not sure how many other FF members we will have helping out on Sunday. When ever I find out anything I will post it.
  7. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    We saw Young Jedi Niagra at CN-SFX this past weekend - and they were hoping to come down on Sunday.

-KnightShade
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I sent a PM stating we would be there sunday.

also if you need anything for a Fanforce table I have a TON of general FF flyers and such. Did you already reserve the FF banner jeff? If not u may want to get your request in for that soon.

Just let me know what I can help with I know I can be there sunday. :)
  9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    We have some stuff left over from last time and we should have our FF Banner done by then. We should be all right on Sunday, question is if I will be able to do the table on Sat. If my other table on the FF tables together then my helper and I can do it but if they are away from each other then I do not think I will be able to do both. If they are seperate I will need one more dedicated person on Sat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.