main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY S/F Costume Social Planning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Please post all ideas, questions, concerns about this here. This is the state of the costuming social at this point. It will be hosted by the Rebellion, the Rochester Fan Force Chapter. We will be joined by members of the Rebel Legion, 501st StormTrooper Legion, other Fan Force Chapters, along with any other RF people that would like to participate or help out, with or without a costume. The costuming social will be on Sunday. I am not sure when. Hopefully at a time that will not conflict with other major interests of the day. The concept of this event is to encourage more attendees to come in costume and to get them all together at one point. It is also an event that will encourage more interaction between attendees. This is not only for Costume fans but everyone. It will be an interactive event for all. There will be Costume fans of different types there to show off their stuff and to talk about the hobby, weather they make their own, or know how to get it. There will also be costume props, as well as material and fabric samples on display. There will be plenty of general Costuming and Costuming group information on hand. It is to support and Promote Fandom Costuming in general although Star Wars and Star Trek at this point is the majority. Anything goes as long as its Family Friendly. I would like to promote this event in more detail starting soon on the S/F site but first we have to make sure we have enough support and have a good idea of what we will be working with. If we promote it well enough hopefully there will be a nice variety of costumes and a good turn out.

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    OK, its August and hopefully we will be able to figure out some specifics on this thing. I wish we could have a better hold on this at this time but we are not sure what we have to work with. This is where we stand. If some things have already been discussed and decided upon please post it. At this time this is what I am aware of. All I know is that on Sunday We will be promoting Fan Force, Rebel Legion, and the 501st ST Legion. We will have a table or 2 to do this with at some point in the day, for a couple hours we will be hosting a Costume social were any and all fandom costume fans at the convention will congregate along with other attendees, to talk about costuming and network with each other. Also to see some great costumes and have fun just socializing with everyone. The purpose is to not only promote Fandom Costuming but bring some more interactive fan activities to the convention. The costume social will be in a room with several table and hopefully we can have some kind of refreshments. Anyone that does costuming and props will be able to show them off and maybe bring some material samples and other things to show how they do their work. We need to figure out how many Rebellion members we have that will be helping with or at least attending S/F . e will need help with the Club tables as well as the Costume social. This may all be in the same area but It has not been determined yet. Also we need to know how many we can get from other groups. The time of our Costume social is another issue. I am not sure if it si up to us or not. If so we need to look at the schedule if there is one yet and find a time that would be best. Hopefully we can start promoting the Costume social with more info so that we get a good turn out. Not only people we know but Convention attendees that we have never meet. Everyone please post if you are planning on participating in this if you have not said so before. Also please post all ideas, questions and concerns.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    We can still do this, maybe, even without the convention. We could do it in October for Halloween maybe. Doc_Bev is thinking about talking with Greece Media Play, when we are there for the DVD party. Makes sense to me. Any suggestions?

4. ltcmdrtom

ltcmdrtom Jedi Master

Apr 7, 2004
    We probably shouldn't count out the convention just yet (although it does look pretty grim). If it dosent happen I think doing a costume social is a great Idea especially since my jedi / tattoine sitizen costume should be ready :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.