main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

S.M.O.O.C.H. : Dedicated to the service of mush lovers everywhere

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Melyanna, Oct 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Sorry Zeb. :)

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    S'alright.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay. Well, as soon as you get this running again, drop me a PM or put a link in the TWS, or Brad'll tell me.

4. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    That i will, master, that i will. Zeb, how do you plan to 'get this thread running'?

5. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm gonna need help getting this up and running, but I will PM you if that's what you want. It's hard to have a workshop with only one person. (you are referring to S.M.O.O.C.H., right?)

6. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Brant_Flir posted on 6/24/05 7:30pm
    That i will, master, that i will. Zeb, how do you plan to 'get this thread running'?
    [hr][/blockquote]

I'm taking that one day at a time. I don't know much more than one step at a time. And I cannot do this alone.

7. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    I know, but what do you mean by 'getting this running?' looks like you have a few peopel here, enough to start.

8. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm referring to useful content being posted. I've got just enough to start, provided they don't leave.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    If you need any help, I'm avalible.

10. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thank you. I'll let you know when I need it. And I will need it.

11. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Maybe you should start a challenge? That might draw people in, Zeb.

12. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Once I finish fine-tuning a few things in my fic, I'll post an excerpt here for advice 'cuz I could really use some. It's not so much mush as it is mush-related (the discussion the characters are having about love and the Jedi Code thing). Maybe the topic could generate some discussion in itself [face_thinking]

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's a good idea. Brad, you could do that as well to get more opinions than mine.

14. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks, Brad. I've debated about that myself. I'll post the first one Friday, along with the rules.

Excerpts are welcome, Darth_Snuggle.

15. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I am glad to help I suppose.

-The Scummy-

16. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    you are here Scummy? I Didn't know. If only she (Zeb, Scummy, you know who) were here, the whole RR gang would be here. lol.

17. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Welcome, Scummy.

18. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Okay, here's a portion of my Kit/Aayla fic. It was a little over three screens long, so I decided to post it as a link instead of pasting the whole thing here.

Some background:

The fic is a follow-up to the short story "Tides of Terror" from the Star Wars Tales comic (the basic premise was also used for another fanfic out there that I read long ago but has since disappeared). In it, Kit saved Aayla from drowning by giving her oxygen the "fun" way. My fic takes place later that evening when they are both individually reflecting on the pseudo-kiss and the feelings it generated in them. Kit's handling it okay, Aayla's a little more... disconcerted, shall we say (it might be out-of charcter for her, as she usually seems more collected. But it served the goals of the mush-fic, so I'm slightly okay with it)?

The following excerpt is Aayla's roundabout way of seeing how Kit feels by discussing the Jedi code and emotions.

http://home.pacbell.net/ri221b/sw/top_01.html

So what I'd like to know is if this discussion seems natural and cohesive and if any points (pro or con) should be made that haven't. I wanted the discussion to escalate with Aayla getting more and more frustrated that Kit seems to have an answer for every angle in which she tries to validate her view on things. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

But be gentle, it's my first time [face_blush]

19. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    It feels ... real. Like two people who obviously feel for each other trying to work it out rationally, and failing. You may want to consider the species issue both in the scene and in the writing of the piece (I'm sorry for failing to mention the interspecies relationship rules on the board, which may affect this fic).

20. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks ZebulaNebula. It took some doing, but I managed to find the rules regarding interspecies relationships and it said that alien/alien pairings were okay, so I guess I'm in the clear.

Do you think the discussion flows from one point to another naturally? When I wrote it, I basically jotted down points as they came to me and then tried to shoehorn them into a reasonable order so I'm concerned that it still has a "cut and paste" feeling to it.

21. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    I'll check your fi out tommorow. Don't havetime today. Can't wait for you to make a challenge Zeb!

22. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Here it is: The First-ever S.M.O.O.C.H. challenge. Write a vignette or songfic in which two characters admit their feelings for each other. It can be any pairing (if they have been shown doing so in the films or profic, make it AU) and any era. Post on the correct board and link to this thread. This challenge expires midnight board time August 1, 2005.

23. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Yes! I have a chance to rewrite my Rogue ARC Trooper fic now! Yes! When's the deadline Zeb?

24. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    August 1.

25. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    YAY a challenge! I'm going to have to try this. This will be my first attempt at mush. I love reading it let's see if I can write it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.