main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho S.N.E.T. (Special NewBoiseOrder Events Thread)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by NewBoiseOrder, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewBoiseOrder

NewBoiseOrder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Welcome to the S.N.E.T.

The purpose of the SNET is for members to post ideas or information on events or potienial events (some that have been assigned) to get more details on them well before they happen. If you have an idea for an event or an idea about doing something as a group, please post the details here to give enough notice that everyone can join in. By doing this we should be able to give members and/or new potienial members a heads up to what our club is doing outside of our regular monthly meetings.

Most events (especially official events) will be scheduled through the monthy meetings. However, if it is not possible for an event to be scheduled in this fashion, a new thread should be posted with all the nessicary details including date, time, place, and any possible cost for the event. This way no one is left in the dark and (hopefully) everyone will have time to decide if the event is something they want to/can attend.

The following event ideas were brought up at the May mtg. and should be explained in as much detail as possible below including event idea, suggested times for event (date and/or time of day), cost, and location:

Paint Ball: QUIGONJINN02
    Roaring Springs/Boondocks: cmdrwillard
    Rampage: Idaho_Vorkosigan
    X Box night: MalcolmTolemac
    RPG 3/4": QUIGONJINN02/MalcolmTolemac
    FrisB Golf: Codey
    Bowling: DanBinks
    Swordmaking: MalcolmTolemac
    Fencing Lesson/Class: DanBinks

Other ideas anyone can expound upon:
    Trillogy Weekend
    Progressive SW Collection Dinner

Feel free to keep posting. Let's keep the synergy and community up! ! !

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Gang, I found out about this awesome live performance murder mystery events club that performs in town. You pay cash to participate and than try and solve a murder with a costume, dinner and real actors! Check out murderbydeath.com.....I talked to their main director and may be able to get one of the main casted parts and join their group!!! They are definately group oriented and will do any kind of scenario you like....if we wanted to have a SW murder mystery, they'd do it!!! Or whatever, even LOTR, Harry Potter, Ancient Egypt, you name it, they can probably do it! We should very much consider doing this as a club! Check out the site!

3. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    what about using something like this as a fund raiser/awareness raiser for the club? -anyone?

Well, I typed in the web address, but all I got was a band by the name. they are here local, right - 'cause being that Heidi is in the theatre scene, I'm sure i've heard of them before...

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    This will get you right to the main page:
    http://www.deathbymurder.com/death/index2.cfm
    It looks like a promising and fun time!

5. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    dude, you're right... very helpful. thanks! =D= ;) =D=

EDIT: Wow! those can get really spendy - this would be an awesome fund raising idea if nothing else!!! I'm pretty sure my wife has mentioned this at some point - it would be a great event to invite spouses/signifigant others to...

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey! I got cast as the bumbling sheriff's deputy! Maybe some of the NBO gang can come and see the show!
    $35 bucks for dinner and a "movie" which isn't bad!
    I told them about our club and said we might want to do a SW oriented murder mystery and they were totally down for it!!! We should definately bring this up at the next meeting!
    I do think we also need to briefly talk about IMAX, and see what we can do about getting word on whether we have the film by the end of June! As we all know, we will need all the extra time we can get!
    I'm going to call the paintball place tomorrow and I'll get all the info on that then! Thanks!

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Ok, here's the skinny:
    It's $25 for all day of paintball, including gun, ammo,
    and gear. You get 100 rounds, and if you run out, you can buy 100 more for $5. Sounds extremely reasonable to me!
    Their hours are 12-8 weekdays, 12-9 on Fridays, and 10-10 on Saturday! Let's do this one! Who's for it?

8. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Oh, that means it's cheaper for me because i have my own marker (gun)! They don't let you use red paint balls, so I'd have to get those.

BTW... If anyone wants their own paintball marker (gun ;) ) let me know. I may be able to help you out. But get to me soon, as stuff like this goes fast!!! (that was just FYI, not an advertisement) The fastest way would be to email me or call.

Thanks KC! Anyone else have info for their assigned events?

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Since we seem to be the only exsiting posters, can u help me get a gun???? BTW- That should be a topic at the meeting...I mean what's the point of communicating on here if it's only you and me, yes???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.