main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

S.T.O.P. thread! Support for short story and one-post fic writers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ArnaKyle, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    The only one-post fic I've written so far, which got a grand total of 2 readers. :D

Time frame: Obi-Wan is four.

Summary: A young Obi-Wan takes something from Yoda's room in the middle of the night.

Disclaimer: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda belong to GL, Doudi's mine.

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

A small figure dressed in baggy pyjamas decorated with tiny starfighters toddled down the wide corridor. His originally light blue sleeves ended just below his small wrists. The knees of his trousers were a similiar shade of dusty grey as his sleeves.

The four-year-old wiped his sweaty face on a grimy sleeve. The balls of fluff he had picked up from his trip through the ventilation shaft tickled his nose, and he sneezed explosively.

Obi-Wan Kenobi giggled. "Vent vewy dusty!" he said to himself, and continued down the corridor, past doors behind which Jedi Masters and their apprentices slumbered peacefully, unaware of the dastardly deed he was about to do.

Fifteen standard minutes later, the young boy arrived at his destination. The old-fashioned wooden door was closed but not locked. A twist of the doorknob and a push, and the little boy entered the small room. The owner of the room was Yoda, the Jedi Master both affectionately and unaffectionately nicknamed the 'Little Green Troll' by many Jedi. The diminutive Master lay on a small metre-long bed. His gimer stick, infamous for being used to whack much taller students in the shins in punishment, was placed against the bedpost at the end of the bed.

Obi-Wan crept in silently. Orange flames in the stone fireplace cast a wavering shadow of the little boy. He stood before the fire, staring at his long shadow in fascination.

"Obi vewy tall," he said. "Talla dan Masta Yoda." He looked at the sleeping non-human to make sure Yoda hadn't decided to grow two metres taller just to contradict him, and grinned. "Masta Yoda vewy short."

The eight-hundred-and-forty-seven-year-old Jedi gave no indication that he knew the child was in his room comparing their heights. He only sighed, turned over onto his other side and mumbled something about Dagobah stew.

Remembering what he was here for, Obi-Wan searched for Yoda's clothing. The antique chest of drawers was not difficult to find. Obi-Wan pulled open a drawer containing a few neatly folded sand-coloured tunics.

"No, not dis one," he said, and closed the drawer. He opened another and his blue-green eyes widened in joy.

"Yeah!" A smile blossomed over his face.

Obi-Wan grabbed the most brightly coloured thing he could see and shut the drawer. He stuffed the small garment into a pocket of his voluminous pyjamas, and tiptoed back to the door, which was slightly ajar. Excited with his success, he stopped for only a few moments to admire the shadow which showed him to be a giant. He quietly slipped out of the room and shut the door.

Jedi Master Yoda muttered something about medicinal mud tea and turned over again, the sole person in his room once more.

>< >< >< >< ><

The next morning...

Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn strode towards the turbolift. The tall man was about to enter the 'lift when he sensed profound irritation radiating from Yoda's quarters a few doors down.

He knocked on the small door. Seconds later, the door swung open.

"Yes?" Yoda said, his long pointed ears twitching.

"I was wondering if I could be of assistance, Master."

"No, no help do I need. Only lost something, I have."

Qui-Gon would have sworn that the stern Jedi Master turned pink under his green skin. "Should you need me, I would be glad to help."

Yoda only muttered an absent-minded "yes, yes" and closed the door.

Qui-Gon was puzzled. That was not like Yoda. Usually, the knee-high Jedi never let his mind wander.

He shrugged it off and stepped into the turbolift. Even Yoda was entitled to a not-like-himself day every now and then.

>< >< >< >< ><

Obi-Wan took his prize out of his pocket and held it up in triumph. "See? Obi got it!" he told his friend Garen proudly.

The human boy s

2. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    LOL! Both great posts, I'm so happy this has taken such a good start! I love reading one-posts!

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    *bursts out laughing* That was great! Hehehehe . . . *wanders off, chuckling to herself*

4. Tyria-Solo

Tyria-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Hee hee hee. Yoda wears boxer shorts. That's funny. I figured that's what it would be. *walks out of thread mumbling about little green men and boxer shorts*

5. Legolas-_Lady

Legolas-_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    that was great! *teehee*
    almost done with my fic now! :)

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks, everyone! :)

= Clare =

7. Tyria-Solo

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, this is my first attempt at anything remotely creative. I basically just wrote it as it came to me. I want to post it without revising it so that it?s my emotion, not my writing skill coming through. I know it?s not the best, but I have been inspired. Thanks to Am and Mcily for the inspiration.

Tahiri?s POV after SbS
    Rating: G I suppose
    A poem entitled Apart

Star by Star spoilers !!!!! (hope that takes care of it)

I remember so well the feel of his touch on my lips
    His hands on my body

I remember so well the touch of his lips on my skin
    When will this wonderful dreaming end, and the nightmare begin?

For now I remember more than his feel
    I can see his body lying on the ground

His face was so soft
    His eyes so peaceful

They did not carry the pain I expected to see there
    They seemed happy

No, not happy, sad
    Regretful of the things he could never have

I could shed no tears
    I feared I was too cold

But how do you cry
    For the death of your soul?

That?s what happened when he left me
    My soul flew away

Now all that is left is this empty husk of a person
    How can I live another day?

My heart it weeps
    Evidence of my pain

For this girl is too week
    To week to shed her tears

If only I could cry
    Maybe then this wound would heal

No, nothing will suffice
    Save having you near

I know in my mind that you are gone
    But my heart refuses to believe the truth

You always said I was stubborn
    But you will never tell me again

I will never hear you say those three little words
    They made my heart soar

How can I fly?
    Now that you are gone?

You mean so much to me
    My dear sweet boy

The sound of your voice
    Could heal any wound

But you can comfort me no longer
    For you are gone

I know it is truth
    But I will not believe

How can I give up hope?
    You never gave up on me

I hear the voices, people gather ?round
    A pair of hands lift me off the ground

They hold me close whisper in my ear
    I only want to hear that you are near

No other words will calm the storm in my heart
    We were always together,
    Now we?re apart

*I know it changes from him to you, but that?s how I felt it should be written*
    End spoilers

8. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  9. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Hmm.. I don't know how you go about starting, but here I go! Master Arna made me...

A one-poster about a droid, love, and the worst curse and greatest
    blessing of a being. Yes, love and angst- don't they always go together?
    Thanks to my Master, ArnaKyle for the support in writing this!

"Restrained Love"

C-L5D was an ordinary protocol droid, if a bit of an older model. But he
    always served his Master?s purposes without complaint- he was, after all,
    programmed to serve. Inside his golden exterior, he was loyal to his last
    gear and bolt, wishing only to uphold the Master?s will. After many years,
    he had been through many Masters without any hint of trouble, but the
    ever evolving technology caused him to drop further behind in his job
    placements.

It came as no surprise then to C-L5D, when he was sold to a
    lesser-income aging gentleman. The odds were in favor of his being
    dropped to a lower income class to serve. He didn?t worry however,
    because he longed to serve any Master, no matter what his status in
    society. In fact, maybe having a lesser-endowed Master would be a
    blessing. Perhaps the man would appreciate his help more than others
    who took it for granted. He took it up for himself to serve, if possible,
    with even more devotion, and hopefully more efficiently.

But even with programming sometimes humans who don?t quite get
    technology and the ?new ways? opt for a failsafe. So it was right after
    C-L5D had come into the Master?s service that he was fixed with a
    restraining bolt.

"You are certain that it keeps the machine from disobeying programming
    even further?" he inquired for what C-L5D calculated to be the seventh
    time to the installer, who was obviously used to repetitive questions from
    mistrusting older people.

"Of course. He now cannot disobey, even if he wanted to." The man
    claimed, snapping the small unit securely into place. Calming the
    uncertainties was obviously in his job description.

The elder grunted, but pushed the issue no further.

"Well droid, you are negated as a threat," he said gruffly.

"I cannot believe I would ever be a hazard originally." came the droid?s
    reply. "My only wish is to serve."

"You are restrained from free action?" asked the man suspiciously.

"Free action has never come naturally to me, as a droid," C-L5D replied,
    not offended in the slightest. Action against the Master?s will?
    Preposterous!

And although it came to be many years in which C-L5D was in the man?s
    assistance, he was never truly trusted, or regarded as being anything
    more than a simple appliance, such as a food replicator. And it was in this
    hermit?s service that C-L5D came to be running an errand when he
    crossed paths with a repairwoman.

"Yes, Madame, my Master would wish it if you could come and fix his
    moisture vaporator." C-L5D said to her. "And I would be willing to assist in
    any way needed."

The rugged young woman gave a lopsided smile.

"W

10. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, I haven't posted here in quite a while, so I thought I better. Its a Vader/ Padme fic. No spoilers that I can think of, unless someone doesn't know that Anakin becomes Vader.......

It was midnight, but still Padme couldn't sleep, she never seemed to sleep, not since Anakin died, and not since she sent the twins away. She put her head in her hands. The twins! She couldn't help missing them, wishing she could have kept them, they were all she had left of what had been her and Anakin's love. Oh Anakin! She choked back a sob. She had to stop thinking about him! He was gone, he was dead! All that remained was a shell, a shell of what had once been. The Anakin she'd known and loved was gone.

Suddenly she heard the door of her aparment open! She slowly got to her feet, and grabbed, a heavy glass tumbler off her desk, getting it ready to throw, you never knew what would happen anymore, there were more and more freaks out there. She saw a large shadow, appear at in the door way! She threw the tumbler as hard as she could!

But the shadow seemed to deflect it before it even came near. Who was this? Then the shadow steped into the light.

"Why are you throwing things at your husband?" these words were said with a crooked smile, as if it was a great joke.

She was filled with fury! Her husband! He had no right to walk in here like this! Not after what he'd become.

When she didn't say anything he step closer. staring into her eyes, she looked away, her gaze suddenly locked on the helmet he held in his hand, it was a black mask, a mask with hollow black eyes. She dragged her eyes up to meet his.

"Don't you reconize me? Its me Anakin!"

"No!" she nearly screamed. "You are not Anakin! Anakin, would never have done the things you have!" She was trumbling, he didn't even sound like Anakin! His voice instead held the sound of cold command.

She turned her back to him, he stepped closer, and put a hand on her sholdier.
    His voice grew soft, like it used to be.

"Padme, please, look at me."

She turned, unable to ignor that voice, the voice of the one she'd loved. And still did despite everything.

He took his hands, and framed her face, looking deep into her eyes, and slowly bent and kissed her. She tried to pull away, but somehow, as always, despite how he'd changed, she melted under his touch. When the kiss ended, he coutinued to hold her, and she didn't pull away.

"Do you still love me?" she asked this in a voice that demanded a answer.

"Oh course, more then anything."

She gazed into his eyes, "Then give it all up, come back."

Suddenly he grew stiff, "I can't do that!" his voice was cold and angry.

"Then you don't love me!"
    She jerked away.

"I'm Anakin! Of course I love you! Why don't you come with me instead?"

She was trembling, but she knew it had to be said. "You are not Anakin! Anakin is dead! Do you hear me dead! Anakin would have given it up for me, for the Jedi!"

He stared at her. "Look at me! Who do you see? You know you see Anakin."

Her voice grew cold,her gaze locked on the helmet on the ground "No, all I see is a machine, a shell, no, your not Anakin, your Vader. Anakin is dead!"

He gaze grew cold and hard! "Fine! Be that way! I don't care! If Anakins dead, don't ever expect to see him back here agian! He'll never be back and neither will I!"

He strode up to her, and bent and kissed her agian, this time, hard! As if to make a point. She pushed him away. And he stormed off, glaring at her with venom the whole time. When he finnaly left, tears began to run down her face,and she collasped into her chair sobbing, mourning for what was lost.

And Anakin walked, out of the room, and into the hall, a few tears manageing to slip out and run down his face. Then he stopped, he looked at the helmet in his hand, staring into the hollow black eyes. His face hardend, and he slowly put on the helmet. He stood up strait and Darth Vader marched out the door.

11. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    This was not written by me but it is one of my very favorite stories and was tragically, not read by many other people. So here it is.

Title: Thank You
    Author: Erika
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Obi-Wan remembers his beloved Master, Qui-Gon.
    Time Frame: Post TPM
    Spoilers: For JA Category: *NON*-SLASH, POV, angst
    Disclaimers: The Star Wars universe and all of its characters belong to George Lucas, I'm only borrowing them to have a little fun and I promise to return them unharmed (well, at least mostly unharmed). I'm making no money off of this and this is written for entertainment purposes only.

Thank You

'There's always tomorrow.' I used to say that a lot before you were killed, struck down before my very eyes. I never knew how wrong I was until I was standing there at your funeral, watching the flames leap up to consume your empty body.
    I never told you how much you mean to me, how much I care for you, did I? No, of course not. For I always thought that there would be another day, another time to say the things we left unspoken between us.
    I always knew how much you cared for me, even though you never told me. I could see it in your eyes and feel it in your hand resting upon my shoulder. I could feel your affection every time you helped me up off a training mat or corrected my position during one of our many saber duels and katas. You were gentle and yet firm with me. Did I ever tell you how much I admire that about you? You always pushed me so hard but never forgot to make sure I was okay. You would drive me to the brink of exhaustion but never further.
    Even though I always knew that you cared for me and that you were proud of me I worked so hard to honor you. Do you know how much your hard-fought for words of praise meant to me? You could make my heart leap with one gentle smile and a single, "Good job, Padawan." I worked hard to receive your few words of approval or encouragement for you are not man to give them freely. It made me all the prouder when I heard them, though, for I knew that in order for you to say, "well done", I had to perform to the very best of my capabilities and even more.
    I was waiting until after my knighting to tell you all the things I had kept locked in my heart. I wanted to wait until the day when we would stand together as equals to tell you how much I learned from you and how much you changed me. Without you I wouldn't be the man I am today. You made me who I am and for that I am eternally grateful. Because of you I have learned to look beyond the obvious and see what's in people's hearts. You taught me that good souls are born in all forms, not just those that are obviously honorable and noble. You have taught me so many things that it would take me longer than the rest of time to list them all.
    Do you know what I am the most grateful for? It's not the lessons you taught me or the physical skills you helped me to hone. Your friendship and all the little things you went out of your way to do for me are the things I am the most thankful for. You were hesitant at first. You feared that I would hurt you as Xanatos had, but as the years past you gave me your friendship, trust, and love, perhaps without even realizing that you had done it.
    I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and it always honored me deeply that you trusted me and taught me with love instead of discipline. Because of the friendship you gave me you turned a shy boy into a confident young man. Everything I am I owe to you.
    You were always there for me. Always. Even when I betrayed you on Melida/Daan you took the time to help ease my panic and horror at losing Cerasi. When Bant was killed you held me all night long as I sobbed my heart out. When I failed my first physics exam you stayed up all night with me and helped me study. I aced the next one, because of you. I was so proud, and I think you were too.
    Remember when I was wounded on that mission to Merolius Prime? You stayed by my side for seven days straight, taking care of me and making sure I healed properly. B

12. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Great stories, all! On behalf of Arna, thanks for putting them up here!

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    :_|

Great posts all...

= Clare =

14. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Hi all! This is my first post here. Um, enjoy!

This vignette is based on the song, I'm Already There by
    (Richie McDonald/Gary Baker/Frank Myers)
    Song performed by Lonestar

~*~*~*~*~

Already There
    By Marawannabe

~*~*~*~*~

He called her on the road
    From a lonely cold hotel room
    Just to hear her say I love you one more time

The darkness had been creeping in for some time now. I could see Anakin changing before my very eyes. In my heart I knew that the inevitable had come, and I was helpless to stop it.

Ever since Ani's mother had been killed in the slave revolt on Tatooine, the seed of darkness had been planted - imbedded deep within his soul. I didn't know if he even knew it was there. The anger, the fear. They were slowly consuming my husband.

My sweet, innocent Ani was drifting away from me. We had only been married for seven months. I missed his lighthearted laughter, his teasing. Most of all, I missed his warm, loving smile.

My Ani was no longer the gifted, funny little boy I had met on a strange planet so long ago. He was a man - a Jedi Knight even. Some called him the "Chosen One." But, to me he was my husband, my destiny, and I loved him dearly.

I was deeply concerned about the changes I was seeing in Anakin, but no one would answer my questions. To the Jedi, I was nothing more than Anakin's foolish choice for a bride. Yoda had warned us both that ours would be a difficult path to tread. We were young, and in love. Ani assured me that we would be all right. We paid Yoda's admonition no heed.

As I look back now, my choice would still be the same.

The Jedi Council continued to use Anakin for various missions. As long as my Ani stayed true to the light, the Jedi could use him. One night, before Ani left on yet another mission, as we lay in each others arms, uncertain of the future, I told him the news.

I was pregnant.

Ani was quiet after I told him. What I thought was joyous news was greeted by contemplative silence. Ani gathered me close in his arms and held me gently as we drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I kissed him good bye - he told me he loved me. I didn't realize that I would never see my Ani again.

Obi-Wan personally came to me with my husband's lightsaber. Ani's trusted master refused to look me in the eyes. He didn't have to tell me what I already knew. My husband was dead. I asked Obi-Wan to keep Ani's lightsaber for me. A gift, for the child I carried, the son, to someday have.

My life, as I knew it to be, was over. Nothing would ever be the same again. The sunset would never be as bright, my heart never as completely whole. In this desolate time, I found I was pregnant with twins, not one child as originally thought. Ani's children, my children.

The day I found out that Ani was still alive is like a blur to me. Obi-Wan had lied to me, told the truth, "from a certain point of view. For a moment, I thought that everything would be all right, somehow. That Ani would return to me again.

But it was not to be. My Ani was changed, forever, never to return to my side. The evil Lord that had consumed my husband with hatred, now stood in my husband's stead.

Vader remembered I was pregnant. Obi-Wan was afraid that he would try to find me, and take our children. My life became a series of hyperspace jumps and fear.

Darth Vader found me the night I went into labor.

And when he heard the sound
    Of the kids laughing in the background
    He had to wipe away a tear from his eye

But, something wonderful happened that night. Ani came back for a moment in time. No longer Vader, but the good man I knew remained inside of him.

A little voice came on the phone
    And said "Daddy when you coming home"
    He said the first thing that came to his mind

I'm already there
    Take a look around
    I'm the sunshine in your hair
    I'm the shadow on the ground
    I'm the whisper in the wind
    I'm your imaginary friend
    And I know I'm in your prayers
    Oh I'm already there

I knew that he would always be there for my

15. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I should come here more often, lots of great stuff. I loved yours Tyria-Solo. *sniffle* So sad.... :_|

16. Tyria-Solo

Oct 22, 2001
    Oh, MW. :_| I don't know what else to say. It was great though. Thanks for the comment LoneWolf.

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey all! what a great idea for a thread. I was surprised by how few responses some of these one-shots have gotten, especially as they take so little time to read. You'd think a one-shot would be seen by more readers.

I am in the process of posting a vignette starring Wedge and Tycho, but that's a four-parter: a bit long for this venue. I did write a one post back at the beginning of December, but just to forewarn you readers, it is *BRUTAL*, as in cold, hard, real violence.

It takes place at the start of the Sith Uprising a thousand or more years before the time of the films, and is called (tentatively: I never liked this title)

Dark Star Rising

My sabre hums in my hand and I fancy it a predator, hungry for the flesh of the Jedi to roast and burn under its angry heat.

My ancient enemy can no longer breathe, the poisonous air of my final trap already infiltrating his lungs, his sad excuse for an Apprentice collapsed at his feet, and I have to stifle my laughter. I have destroyed his most precious possession, eating her soul with a relish I?ve not felt in aeons. What a tasty morsel she made, calling out for him:

?Master! Master... Master, please...?? That last had added such savour, her doubts assailing her, and he, so rapt in battling my traps and toys that he could not answer her, but to send a pittance of a thought for her well-being through their ghostForce, by which time, she was already gone.

And now, he assumes his stance, and I can feel the calm radiating off him, the Jedi?s vaunted tranquility. Well, I shall just throw a stone into that still pool, shall I? Her thoughts as she died?

...I am trapped... oh Force, is that a Sith? He?s hideous! But Master said just hold to the Force, follow the F- the shock of my blade slicing into her taut flesh, her kidney flared away in a single stroke, and the air filling with the sweet stench of burned meat. Her mind filled with an anguished scream, and I share the full impact with the pitiful fool who crouches before me, clutching his weapon?s hilt like a lifeline. Not just her pain and fear, but my rich glee at her loss of control.

If you love Chaos so much, go, become one with your Force! I sent her a final farewell, accompanying the thought with a wild careen of laughter as I twisted the blade and burned away her failing heart.

The sensual joy of the memory was almost a distraction to me, but I see the Jedi?s eyes gleam in the false hope of an opening. How utterly feeble he is, he and all the Jedi drawing on the idea of Chaos over Order. Order will triumph in the end: I am its agent, its Hand upon the Galaxy. The Jedi will be wiped out, and my brothers and sisters in the reality of power will rule this Galaxy, and enforce Order?s Truth! Peace and Justice be damned, they won?t be able to deny the Truth when we are done! Triumph rages through me at the thought: I know the real meaning of power, not this pitiful pawn of Chaos.

His sabre sears the air, and the Jedi flashes towards me in a sudden rush, but I am waiting. The spark and sizzle as our blades meet throws beautiful shadows against the stone walls of the temple. He snarls at me, his face locked in a rictus of determination, and I answer him only with a smile. My teeth ache to be buried in his soul, but first he must be cut into bite-sized chunks.

We battle now, sabre to sabre as mind to mind, his shields strong, but beginning to fray at the edges, as my mental talons rip into his defences, even as his parries lose power and strength... and then one foot goes awry, and the Jedi doesn?t even see my gauntleted fist until it is too late.

A hard strike across his jaw, punishing him for his arrogance, and I follow it up with a flurry of fast flickering blows of my 'sabre. The Kiss of the Whip, my Master titled this combination. My smile widens as I recall his pride in me, his delight in the rage I can call to my hand, and how easily I let myself flow with it.

?You are the perfect tool of hatred, my young Apprentice,? he whispers to me, as

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    ...to hell with the Hand of Order, I am ThreadKiller

(hangs head in shame...)

*Derisa*

19. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Of course not! Thanks for posting, Derisa! Great story!

Anyone else have anything?
    I started up a vignette thread for my OTs, if you want, check it out sometime! There's a link in my profile, entitled "Once Upon a War"

Keep em coming!

20. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Here's my one-poster. I wrote it for Valentine's Day and posted it then. Hope you all like it!

Timeframe: Epi III
    Focus: A/P
    Spoilers: None

~*~

The Pleasure of a Thousand Deaths

~*~

Pain.

An everlasting pain shot through her body. It encompassed her senses. It was all she knew.

A pain that was far greater than a thousand deaths. Clouding her mind with the only emotion she could feel.

A pain more frightful than your deepest, darkest nightmare. Death?s imminent figure grasped around her heart, twisting and pulling. No longer were there words to describe this level of agony.

Blood darker than the color of the scarlet sky drained from her veins, seeping through her open mouth. Closing her eyes, she accepted this fate and let her agony claim her as its own.

Soft rain fell upon her paling skin as her attacker tightened his hold around her dainty neck. Tears mixed with blood effortlessly streamed down her porcelain face, staining the hands of the man who would end her life. Forever tainting them with her blood.

Padme promised herself she would not scream. She would not grant him the pleasure of hearing her sweet cries. Instead, she opened her eyes, wanting him to see the suffering she felt. To feel the pain that ripped through her spirit. And to know that she would always love him.

The winds steady pace begin to increase causing more rain to fall in an unkind nature. Rolling hills of grass appeared to change shades with the oncoming storm. She kept her gaze on Anakins, desparate for him to see his reflection in her eyes. He needed to see himself for the monster that he was and would most likely forever be.

This was not a cry for help, but only a mere plea to remind him of the way life could
    have been.

As the cool wind blew fiercely against their bodies and the power within the storm lit the sky, a single memory of the love they shared resurfaced in his mind. All logic and reasoning of the dark ways seemed to vanish momentarily from his knowledge. Slowly, he released his hand from her neck.

Padme fell in a heap to the ground, heaving and panting for any oxygen she could muster. Anakin knelt beside her, drawing her into his lap. Gently he cradled her head in the crook of his arm, titling it enough for her to see him.

?Ana. . .? she stopped short, a shallow river of blood preventing her from doing
    otherwise.

Cloudless tears swelled in his eyes as he swept his hand across her cheek. Slowly
    brushing his thumb over her lips the crimson faded but her tears remained. Her hand searched for his, needing it for comfort in this dark hour.

Anakins cape hugged itself around the two, shielding them from the rain and wind. Chestnut curls hung around her creamy face, framing it to the perfect angle. There was a familiar sense of yearning in the air that could only be defined as desire. A faint smile danced across her lucious red lips, tempting him to capture them in a kiss.

Sad, blue eyes studied her face. She opened her mouth to speak, but could not manage the words. In an action of affection and a gesture meant only for her, he tenderly kissed her lips one final time.

The storm around them raged with a fury. She breathed deep, ragged breaths, coughing blood onto his cape. Convulsions wracked her body with forceful attacks, causing Anakin to hold her closer to him. Shivering in pain, she saw in his eyes a vast abyss of despair and loneliness. Her eyes fluttered shut, never again opening.

?I?m sorry.?

His words fell onto deaf ears.

Unheard, unrecieved, almost unspoken.

He rocked her still body against his, repeating the forgiving remark until the dawn
    came and the pleasure of a thousand deaths stole his heart.

~*~

[face_love]

21. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh my gosh, that is so sad! (sob! Sniff) I'm crying, serouisely. But awesome fic by the way.

22. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    This story is in Leia's point of veiw. Its set in the NJO pre-Balance Point.

Its a song fic, the song is by Lee Ann Rimes, its called "Soon"

Disclaimer: I'm not earning any money off this, just having fun writing. Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and this song belongs to Lee Ann Rimes, I'm not trying to steal anything from either.

Soon, I will cry my last tear soon. Yes, I will be over you soon darlin. All these tears won't be here soon.

In your grief you left me. You withdrew from everyone. Even me, the one who loved you most. You wouldn't even let me help you. You even withdrew from our children. You reafused help. And you slipped into drunkeness. Even my love could not pull you out of your hole. You broke my heart.

You grew angry at myself and the children, but more then anything, you where angry at your self. And you left! You abandoned us! We needed you, did you think that we didn't understand? That we weren't upset to? How could you do this!?

You know that I will be over you soon

How? Don't you know how lost I felt? How much I needed you? How much the children needed you? I guess not. Or maybe you knew, and you didn't care. I may have needed you then, but now I can make it with out you. I don't need you anymore I'm over you.

One night, I'll finnaly make it thru one night darlin, I won't call out your name, and I won't be in this pain.

Even though I'm over you, sometimes at night I'll dream of you, it will seem so real, and I'll reach over to you. But your not there, your never there. And sometimes I'll catch myself calling out to you in my sleep. But soon, soon I'll be ok.

I will be over you soon.....
    Soon as the mountains turn to rivers, soon as the sea's turn into sand, thats how soon.

I'd be over you soon, if only I didn't see reminders of you whereever I turn. I see you in the eyes of our children. In Jacen's crooked smile, so much like yours. In Jania's sarcasem, she seems to echo you. And Anakin has that Solo charm. I know that charm all to well. I just can't seem to forget you, your every where I turn.

Till the heart heals, but till then I'll just pretend it will be over. I keep tellin myself, I'll forget you some day soon. Soon.

I'll think I'm making some progress, I've managed to forget for as much as a hour. But then I'll open a closet and find something of yours, maybe one of your shirts, and I my heart breaks all over agian. I can hold it close to me, pretend its you, but I can't even fool myself.

I'll be over you soon.....
    Soon as the mountians turn to rivers, soon as the sea turns into sand, soon as the sun comes up at midnight, thats how soon.

Why can't I forget you?! After all you did I should hate you! I shouldn't ever want to see you agian. I shouldn't, but I do. You hadn't always been this way, you hadn't always been so thoughtless. You'd never abandoned me before. I don't think you would of. I can remember all those times you saved me, all those kisses shared. I remember how I felt when you where taken away from me once before, when you captured, sealed in carbonite. You could have escaped if it hadn't been for me, you allowed it to happen so I wouldn't be killed.

Until then I didn't know I loved you, not until I realized how much you loved me. What happend to that love? Did you throw it away? Do you not care anymore? Did you forget how much we meant to eachother, I went to Jabba's palace just to save you, because I knew you loved me. I could see it every where, in that crooked smile, in the way you called me "princess" you showed your love.

Soon, I will cry my last tear soon. You know that I will be over you soon darlin, I won't cry our your name soon. I'll be over you soon.

Oh yes, I'd be over you soon, if only I didn't still love you.........

23. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  24. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Just wrote a new one shot NJO fic:

He was running through the forest. Rain was beating down on him, drenching his clothes. He could feel the cold fabric clutching to his skin but he didn't pay any attention.

She was hurt. He knew it. The bond they shared was so strong he could see the image in his mind. He pushed himself faster, faster.

He had to get there.
    He had to be with her.
    He had to get her to safety.

They had spent six weeks on Ammuud. Luke had sent them to investigate rumors that the natives were working with the Yuuzhan Vong.

Six weeks of nothing.
    Then in one night that all changed.

He stopped running as he came to the clearing.
    He felt hot tears streaming down his face when he saw her. The pain was unbearable. He inched forward, stepping over the dead Yuuzhan Vong warriors that surrounded her. Finally he feel to his knees beside her. He brushed a strand of wet golden hair off of her face as he cradled her in his arms. He rocked her back and forth, trying to ease the excruciating pain that seared through his heart.

He reached out desperately for their link, their bond but it was gone. She was gone. He pulled her closer, running the fabric of her jump suite through his fingers. Repeating her name over and over again.
    It was too much.
    Too much pain.
    Too much agony.
    Too much.
    "Tahiri!!"

25. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *hiccupy sob* That *sob*was *hiccup* sooooooo *sniffle* sad!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.