S.W.A.P. Day at Kennywood

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by jedi_master_sal, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, since there is talk of another amusement park, I figured I'd bring up the one we've been planning for sometime now.

SUNDAY,  AUGUST 3, 2003

11:00 AM Until Close

Something new and exciting -- Big Raffle and Catered Meal

All You Can Eat and Drink
    (Burgers, Hot Dogs, Barbecued Chicken, Salads, Fruit,
    Baked Beans)

Cost $20.00
    ($40.00 Value Includes 1 Ride All Day Ticket & Meal)

Tickets go on sale on Friday, May 30, 2003.

I'll be handling the tickets, since you have to be either an employee of or student of Pitt.

Since they do go fast I urge you to get your ticket money to me as soon as possible.

I'll keep checking with the ticket office to make sure there are tickets left. Cut off for buying tickets will be the June Meeting. but if you can get it to me sooner. We have the Interclubbal tourney and John Williams concert coming up so if you can see me then or PM or call me to make other arrangements otherwise June 22nd is the last day to buy.

Let's make our group a "force" to be reckoned with and make our presence known! Wear your shirts proudly and most of all,

LET'S HAVE FUN!
  2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm in. I'll give you my $20 at the John Williams concert. I'll also bring along your Star Tours figure. :)

I love Kennywood. Rollercoasters and the Merry-go-round! (yeah, I know its kinda a weird combo, but those are my two favorite things at the amusement park.)
  3. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright so far that's three so far.

Folks this one is local so if you'd have a hard time getting to Cedar point or can't or won't pay that much then Kennywood is a great opportunity to have fun with your fellow fans.
  4. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Sal, I work for Pitt - where do I go on campus to buy a ticket for myself?

-Brendon
  5. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    William Pitt Union.

Although they cost $20 per ticket, if you go on a different weekend it will cost you more according to SAC (Staff Association Council) at Pitt.
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay so far we have:

Me and Emily
    Chris (GC)
    Brendon
    Jedigirl514 (and maybe some of her family?) Hey, this will be our first time to meet her!
    DarthDahc
    MetalliJedi

Who else might be thinking about coming?

This can be an all day event. (Of course you don't have to commit to any length of time, just come out and have fun.)

7. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm fine with coming, except at this point I don't have any transportation. How long will your tickets last, Sal?
  8. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    That varies from year to year. I'm making the cut off point for monet for tickets to me by the June meeting (June 22nd). You can always try me afterwards (call my cell) and I can see if there are any available after that time. If so, I'll pick them up. Kennywood day isn't until August 3rd so you have awhile to arrange transportation.
  9. jadalyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan to come. There are two of us so I will have the money before the next meeting.
  10. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, so that now brings the kist to:

Me and Emily
    Chris (GC)
    Brendon and probably kids and new wife (congrats again)
    Jedigirl514 (and maybe some of her family?) Hey, this will be our first time to meet her!
    DarthDahc
    MetalliJedi
    Jadalyn and Boyfriend
    (What about Terry/Rox?)

This is so far at least a dozen people.

Stacey, I said I'd pay for you. Consider that my graduation gift to you if you want to go.

Again the event isn't until August 3rd (A Sunday) This will give you all plenty of time to schedule for it. Hope to see you there!
  11. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    As of right now I have money for:

Me and Em
    Chris (GC)
    Terry

I'll be purchasing those tickets today.

Don't forget that you have until the June meeting to get money for tickets to me.. After that, you can still get money to me and I'll see if there are any remaining tickets available.

Again price is $20 for an all day ride pass AND a meal is included with the cost.

This is the local one folks, so if your having a hard time raising funds or don't have the means to travel far then this can be a good alternative to the multi-fanforce chapter day at Cedar Point in Ohio. I'm not trying to discourage anyone to that. In fact I would hope that everyone can attend BOTH.

Here is a more detailed listing

11:00 AM Until Close

Something new and exciting -- Big Raffle and Catered Meal

Drinks will be offered from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM

The all you can eat catered meal is available from

12:00 Noon until 2:30 PM

The meal includes:
    Burgers, Hot Dogs, Barbecued Chicken, Salads, Fruit,
    Baked Beans

At a Cost Of Only $20.00 Per Person
    ($40.00 Value Includes 1 Ride All Day Ticket & Meal)

The Ride All Day and Meal Ticket Available to Only The First
    2,000 Who Purchase Tickets for August 3rd.
  12. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Just to let you know, Sal, I bought two tickets for myself and my son. We'll be there on Aug 3rd, but do not need you to get tickets for us. Looking forward to it!!

-Brendon
  13. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for letting me know, Brendon.

Chris (GC) and Terry, your tickets along with mine and Emily's were purchased yesterday at lunch. I'll bring them to the June meeting for you.

Well, that's SIX confirmed so far.

BTW, when I was purchasing those tickets yesterday they told me they only had about 1600 left, so please if you intend on getting a ticket, let me know ASAP. I can get these before the June meeting and you can just pay me for them then, but I won't get any other tickets until you post HERE, letting me know that you want them.

You must pay for these tickets, no matter what, once you post that you want one. They are non-refundable and I will not be stuck with extras.

I will be limited in how many I can get from this paycheck so it's first come first serve.
  14. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I want one Sal, I can pay you on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Also Cheryl would like you to get two of them for her.
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, so that's three more.

That's about all I can afford extra off of this paycheck so unless you who still want to go can get the money to me before the meeting, I'll see you there. Do try to make arrangements as soon as possible as they are selling pretty quick.
  16. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright, Sal - my Mom agreed to come if she came stay at Kenndywood with us. ;)

I already have a ticket for 'Homeschool Kennywood Day', that was on June 2nd. However I was unable to go that day becuase I was editing your FanFilm. Becuase of this, I have an extra ticket - but it won't include a meal. So my Mom agreed to take that one, then I'll need two more for me and my sister. :)

So, I'm ordering two - I'll try to make the June meeting and pay you there.. :)
  17. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
  18. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, but I can't afford to pay for your tickets ahead of time. (Josh, Jadalyn and her boyfriend got those ones) If you want to meet before then, we can always do that. This way you are assured of getting the tickets. If you could meet me at my work that would be great as the ticket office is only 2 blocks away from were I work. LMK.

?Sal

[EDIT]
    Now this brings the confirmed list to:
    Me and Emily
    Chris (GC)
    Brendon and his son
    MetalliJedi
    Jadalyn and Boyfriend
    Terry
    Allen/Oreckel, his mom and sister.

Possibles are:
    DarthDahc

That's 12 confirmed and 2+ more maybe.

Who else?

Don't forget to wear your Club shirts if you have them. This will certainly make it easier to find each other from longer distances in the park. Not to mention that others will see the logo and maybe ask about the group. Don't be shy. If anyone asks what the group is about, tell them. There's a good chance this can happen since SWAP day is the same as the University of Pittsburgh's day. There shold be alot of young people and families there. Who knows maybe we'll pick up some new members from this outing as well. The main focus though is to have fun together as a group.

[End EDIT]
  19. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    The updated list is now:

Me and Emily
    Chris (GC)
    Brendon and his son
    MetalliJedi
    Jadalyn and Boyfriend
    Terry
    Chris (Darth Agony-Josh's brother in law) and Agony's wife (Josh's sister) ha ha, that sounds funnier than the name I incorrectly put there in the first place.

Alright! That's 14!

Terry might be getting one for his girlfriend so that would make 15.

Hey, Jedigirl514, how about you and your folks?

There are still tickets left, so anyone who wants one can still get them. Let me know as soon as you can and if so, how you want to get the money to me.

Thanks! This should be a fun time folks and don't forget that you get a free all-you-can-eat meal with this as well as drinks!

20. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sal, would you please get me another ticket. My friend Mandy is interested in going. I'll give you the $20 the next time I see you (at the July meeting, if not before)

21. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    minor corection Chris's SN id DArthAgony Darth Ackar is a diff person no biggie.
  22. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    My goof, I meant Darth Agony, sorry Chris. Good catch Josh. I'll edit this in the previous post.
  23. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Tally of members and guests going as of 7/30/03:

Me and Emily
    Chris (GC) and friend
    Brendon and his son
    MetalliJedi
    Jadalyn and Boyfriend
    Terry and girlfriend
    Nick (Terry's brother) and Nick's girlfriend
    Chris (Darth Agony-Josh's brother in law) and Abi-Agony's wife (Josh's sister)

Alright! That's 18!

There are still tickets left, so anyone who wants one can still get them. Let me know as soon as you can and if so, how you want to get the money to me. (At this point you'd have to drive down to my work either tomorrow or Friday during my lunch

LAST DAY TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 1ST BY 1PM.

Thanks! This should be a fun time folks and don't forget that you get a free all-you-can-eat meal with this as well as drinks!

EDIT: Chris I got your extra ticket today when I got Terry's extras as well.

See you all 11am sharp, at the front gate.

Wear your club shirt if you have one or at least a SW shirt! (Not neccessary, but it makes you easier to spot in the crowd and just might attract some new people to the group.)

END EDIT
  24. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    my cousins are going to be here so we were planing to go anyways...I do want to meet you all...so maybe we can meet up somewhere?
  25. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I can still get you tickets by Friday afternoon. If not then we'll be meeting at the front gates at 11am. Also, there is a pavillion for the University of Pittsburgh. That's where the food and drinks are for our group so you could meet us there, though when specifically we'll be there I don't know. Look for us in our club t-shirts. The logo on the back is similar to my avatar for my name and is also simliar to the logo in the upper LEFT hand corner of this message forum.

There's going to be 18 of us so we shouldn't be too hard to miss.

We all look forward to finally meeting you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.