main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA S.W.A.P. Day at Kennywood

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm actually in Pittsburgh right now, but I got shafted from meeting all of yins, because I'm actually going to Kennywood tomorrow.

2. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Just got back! Much fun was had by all! Those who couldn't make it that's a shame hopefully you can make it next time!

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yes, lots of fun was to be had. It only rained twice and stopped the fun for maybe 15 minutes tops. In fact during teh second stoppage we all went on the merry-go-round and spent the wait out for the rain there. Plenty of roller coaster riding as water rides. Well, you folks know what Kennywood has. Anyway, we had a good meal at the begining and one of our folks even one a raffle. Carolyn Ellis (Allen/Oreckel's) MOM won a HUGE Sponge Bob Square Pants. She didn't want it so it was given to Terry. Brendon's son really wanted it so Terry gave it to him with the provision that Brendon brings it this Saturday to the picnic for everyone to see. After some time Chris and I got cameras and we all took pictures. Exploits of my blue tongue are to follow. (You'll see at the picnic) Around 6 we all took a break for some fries at the Potato Patch and then continued on to some more rides. Allen, his sister and his mom left around 8:30 with Em and I shortly thereafter. I leav it to the rest to finish any comments.

Suffice it to say that SWAP day at Kennywood was a big success. A couple of people were "recruited" for the group and we all decided that this should be a yearly event, becuase we all had so much fun.

Thanks to all the good folk who participated...til next year

4. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Indeed it was a great day, and we should do it yearly. The $20 tickets including a meal are a great deal. However my shoes have not yet dried out.

And yes, Jedi Master Sponge-Bob Jinn will be appearing at the picnic to offer teaching in the art of lightsaber combat and photo oportunities.

-Brendon

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just wanted to thank everyone. We had a blast yesterday. We definately need to do this every year.

6. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    My Mom also won the raffle...a five-foot Sponge Bob Squarepants. :p

We don't have a use for it, so it's been donated to the group. ;)

7. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Based on all your guys positive reports, I'm kicking myself for not attending. I probably would have had more fun at K'wood than I did doing what I was doing that afternoon. Oh well.

:(

King of Poor Decision Making,
    Yours Truly

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Don't be too sad, ben_ethus. We'll do it again next year!

It was indeed a fantastic day. The food at the Pitt pavalion was great! And as has been mentioned before, Orekal's mom won this gigantic Sponge Bob that ended up going home with Brenden's son (who was a few inches shorter than Sponge Bob!)

We rode many many rides. The King Kahuna ride was excellent as was Phantom's Revenge (much better ride than the Steel Phantom). I got talked into going into Aero 360 and loved it!

Sal, Em and Darth Agony engaged in a fierce Whack a Mole competition, with both Sal and Darth Agony winning jumbo sized Pirate Garfields. From there we joined Rox & his girlfriend Ginger playing some Skee ball.

It did pour down rain for a little bit (Kamino day at Kennywood) but that had the benefit of keeping the lines short by encouraging other people to go home or by keeping them out of Kennywood at all that day. And the rain quickly cleared up. During the rain we all rode the Merry-Go-Round! Fun fun fun.

Dinner was Potato Patch fries, chicken fingers and corn dogs (nutrious and delicious).

The evening drew to a close as slowly different groups of people went home.

It was a wonderful day! Hopefully next year we will have even more folks enjoy SWAP day at Kennywood. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.