main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive S_n's art *updated 10 april*

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Sometimes_normal, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "I thought; What if Obi Wan had a camera? He would surely take pics of Anakin on missions and stuff."

Of course!! What a great idea! And why wouldn't he take "holos" of "his kid," his padawan? Unless, with their phobias about attachment, the Order prohibited such things...but never mind that right now! This could so be a rich source of ideas for drawings and scenes and stuff--wonderful bit of inspiration there, S_n! =D=

"Anakin on a log" looks very nice--very candid, just as a photo like this would surely be (and I hear you on "hating backgrounds!" lol--they really do add a lot though, as I'm learning in my own work!). I like his casual posture and the sort of smirk he's wearing. The next piece, where you note that his "legs look wierd" could simply be a matter of angling them just a touch more (from the point of attachment at the hip to the shoulder-wide stance of his feet)--right now they drop straight down from the tabards of his tunic, rather than at a more natural angle. If you're interested in some figure drawing references online, I'd be glad to point you to some of my favorites--some of those sites have pages I've copied and keep with my drawing stuff because they're so helpful! Let me know! I really like the coloring of this one, too--nice soft shading (...airbrushing?) and colors. Those bright blue eyes really grab me, as does that ever-present smirk! It seems so....Anakin! ;) Great work--and it's great to see you posting again!

FF

2. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    =D= Very nice!

I like the colored one of Anakin the most. Good job! You seem to do wonderfully with this style of work! Once again, very nice!

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nice indeed! I like the girl from Jedi Quest especially.

4. Sometimes_normal

Sometimes_normal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    FalconFan: Really? Hehe, well thanks :D Yeah, stupid order.. *draws a pic of Obi Wan taking photo of Mace* :D If someone thinks the holo-pic-idea was good, just draw xD
    Haha, yes, I hate backrounds, but I really should learn how to draw them -_-" Thanks for the tip! One of my friends came with a very nice tutoring from a book. I'll look at it later and try to learn how to draw legs, hands, arms, feets, toes, fingers, etc, etc -_-" LOL
    Yeah, it's airbrushing, I like airbrushing :D I wanted the eyes to stand out a little, because you told me;

So, I tried to make the eyes a little bit more.. Powerful xD

His smirk is so easy to draw, just two lines:D

Thank you very much for comments and tips <^.^>

PadawanDi:
    Thanks alot :D

SilSolo : Haha, thanks xD The girl and the stupid little story :D

Update:

Anakin again, fighting ObiWan on Mustafar >< o_O I'm so crazy after him [face_love] But he's kinda evil on this pic ><
    (Falconfan: You see the eyes? They are kinda outstanding xD Yay)
    Oekaki 66 min.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Sometimes_normal/Mustafar.jpg

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, very eerie and cool-looking! I love the shading/lighting on his face--I also like the "smoky" effect around his head--almost a glow. I think, though, that you might want to consider showing the rest of his torso--it sort of looks like he's already on fire here...ouchy! Outside of that (and it's purely my personal opinion, mind you, so take it with a healthy grain of salt!), it looks great! Planning to do one of Obi Wan as he faces Anakin here...? Just curious! Very nice piece! :D

FF

6. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I love the two posters of EP3!

7. Sometimes_normal

Feb 20, 2006
    Haha, I was too lazy to do "the rest of him"
    When you say so, he really looks like he's already on fire..

Obi Wan: Damn Anakin, why couldn't you wait?
    Anakin: I'm to fast for you Obi Wan. I'm already at the end of the fight, and you've just arrived.
    Obi Wan: ..... *turns around and walks away* Why do I even bother?
    Anakin: DAMMIT!! COME BACK YOU COWARD!! OOOOOOWIIIII! DAMMIT! WHERE IS DARTH SIDEOUS? I NEED TO BE SAVED HERE! WHY ARE EVERYONE SO SLOOOW?

Um *clears troat* Sorry 'bout that. Random thing xD

Haha, I simply can't draw Obi Wan. I've tried, but it totaly sucked. Maybe I'll draw him next week. *hates school*
    Again; Thank you very much :D

NLSkywalker : Thanks xD

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice bit of flames there.

9. Sometimes_normal

Feb 20, 2006
    SilSolo:Thanks ^^

Update:

I made this for my friend. She loves Star Wars too. We use to talk to eachother on msn and we are like; (sier=says)
    Haha, YES! My name is Charlotte, and my nickname is Charlie. So, I'm Master Charlie xD
    Here we are "fighting with Mace". Or, trying to finish his sentences. (I'm crazy, I know :D)

{^¤$_n¤^} sier:
    Master Windu: NO! There is just..

{^¤$_n¤^} sier:
    Master Charlie: a Stinking toilet?

Heidi: sier:
    Padwan Heidi: Discount?

{^¤$_n¤^} sier:
    Master Charlie: Jedi Discount?

{^¤$_n¤^} sier:
    Master Charlie: Duck? Horse? Mum? Dad? God? Chair?

{^¤$_n¤^} sier:
    Master Windu: the force....

{^¤$_n¤^} sier:
    Master Charlie: Oh...

Yes, it's fun xD

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Sometimes_normal/MasterCandPadwanH.jpg

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like the "Master & Padawan" piece, S_n! What a great way to draw a self portrait along with one of your friend! Wonderful expressions on both faces, too--the sort of sideways, almost "Obi Wan-ish" look from you, and the sort of "Anakin-like" smirk on Heidi! Very nice!

FF

11. Sometimes_normal

Feb 20, 2006
    Thanks xD LOL. I'm like Obi Wan, NO WAYxD I'm more like Ani^^

Next piece:

Riding on the green force
    Photoshop 5.5...
    -_-"
    It's me, making some sort of green light.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Sometimes_normal/Jediknight2copy.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.