main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX SA FAN FILM

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DARKMETHOD, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    hi guys,

well as the title states i am trying to develope a fan film to be done here from SA/AUSTIN and local surrounding areas.
    i have a friend who does independent film's and i was talking to him about a star wars tale i had in my head. and well i am writing and ploting it right now and wondered if any of the SA FORCE family would like to be in it. ofcourse i will have parts for whoever wants to be in it and i can see you and create a part for you. ofcouse there is a story to tell and i hope not to make just one film.
    i started to think of buildings around here that would look like the one's (mainly similar) that could be in the SW universe. just parts of them. but ofcouse i will need help from everyone wanting to help with film location and also practice. i do hope to have jedi fighting and maybe a sith or 2. but this is going to be a story set in the time of KOTOR.
    i would love your feedback and also inputs. i have a story in mind so most will be jedi's in the film. i can fill ya'll in for those wanting to be in it.
    thanx gang.

2. DancesWithWookies

DancesWithWookies Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    I would love to help, I have a small but well focused bit of experience in screen-play writing, and it would be an honor to do anything I can do to help with a fan film. If there is anything I can help with just contact me, I have always wanted to do a fan film for the longest time.

3. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Well I will be willing to contribute in any way I can, I am working on another film that involves some people from here in SA as well as in the Dallas area. Since I have over 20yrs in Martial Arts Training which includes Kendo and Kali Stickfighting and plus I did get some notes from Ray Park and Andreas Petrides at a convention once on some saber fighting so I would be willing to offer saber training / choreography if needed . . .

Let me know Friend and Take Care

John

4. Sarlacc_Snack

Sarlacc_Snack Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I would love to help in any way as well. I have been practicing Iaido and Kendo for the past year and a half, and would like to contribute what I know about the Japanese sword style that I practice. I also have a Canon GL-1 if we need another camera. Feel free to PM me or email me at metalgreyfox@hotmail.com. Thanks.

5. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    I don't mind helping either...I am a dirty trooper and its about time us grunts get some story love....other than that, I can help with editing on AVID and some camera work if need be, I am a news photographer for KSAT-TV...Keep us informed.

6. Adam-Wan-Kenobi

Adam-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Id love to help, but I have no experience whatsoever...

7. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    wow....we have alot of talented people! i am happy to hear everyone is glad to help, and beleive me i will be asking. the more input the better the film. rightnow i am ploting the film and seeing as to how we can get as many things free. i would love to hold a special meeting for this film. it would give me a chance to meet every one and see what type of character we can create for you.

any meeting place idea's?

maybe a place to sit discuss and maybe eat if anybody would like that. cici's pizza or other options? next weekend saturday or we can discuss another date. i am also working on maybe getting some cool props for us.

8. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    I would also be happy to help out with the film.

Lord Sinner Out

9. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    No experience, but I would like to help as well.

10. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I would be glad to help with any voice work that you may need. Not good for much else. :D

11. ST-NG-JEDI

ST-NG-JEDI Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I have some background in theater and photography and I would like to help. I might get some others to help with background or background bystanders if needed.
    Thanks Robert

12. DarthDan1

DarthDan1 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    Well i have a vader costume so i guess if its in the setting of KOTOR thats out.. but... Im also a music major/composer so if you need some help setting up musical score and editing let me know.

DarthDan

13. Adam-Wan-Kenobi

Adam-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    this project sounds promising.

14. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    great. i will be looking forward darth dan. ofcurse the music in the film is a very key part. i hope to have a rough draft by this sunday or monday. i will up load it but i will give a clue to some title's i'm working on.

STAR WARS:the chosen ones

STAR WARS:THE PROPHECY & THE TRUTH

STAR WARS: THE HIDDEN PROPHECY

i have had this idea for about a year 1/2 or 2, i have always called it "the chosen ones" but i do like "the hidden prophecy".

15. pattwa_fett

pattwa_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    my killeen fanforce and I would like to help when needed.. let me know. We have lots of jedi, couple stormtroopers and a sandtrooper. Some of our memeber are doing a fanfilm as well, but if you need us jsut holla. John knows how to get a hold of me :D

16. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    great i will count you in also. :)

17. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    update:

ok i have a rough draft of the story line, i'm having my wife and her best friend(she teaches writing course for central michigan collage) look over the story. i trust them to proof it. i will post an outline of it on here, if you want alittle bit more indepht reading send me a pm and i will send you the story to read. i hope to have it by thursday with all the corrections.

18. bibbo

bibbo Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    I have some experience in animation and throwing costumes together. Plus in the middle of working with 3D Studio Max 6.0, Adobe Premiere 6.0, After Effects 6.0, Paint Shop Pro 6.0, and Animation Shop 2, Sonic Foundry Video Factory 2.0, etc. I'm also an avid history nut (pre-Islamic Arabs, ancient Sumeria, ancient Egypt, etc...), so if you need some reference from history and what-not in lieu of names, places, and whatnot in various points of interest in this world that is being put together (much like Lucas' did in creating the Star Wars universe aka example: Endor), I can help with that as well.

19. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    bibbo i will be pming you soon.

hey guys, i have to add a part to the story my friend felt i should add. i might do the outline tonight, but after the spurs game. yup i got tickets and it should be fun!

20. bibbo

bibbo Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    In that case, if you want to pm me over on Yahoo Messenger, check my profile for contact.

21. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    So when did we want to get together to meet on the planning of this film ? - Let me know, cause we can use my place as the meet n greet if needed . . .

Take Care

John

22. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    Hey we caqn do that also, i'd rather read the story in front of you guys, you know to get a better reaction. this weekend was my anniversary so i got caught up with the spurs game then me and my wife's going away weekend.

lets setup a date where everyone can meet. maybe the lastweek of june or first week of july?

23. DarthDan1

DarthDan1 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    first week of july is good for me. how about anyone else?

24. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm up for the first week of July - just waiting to hear from those that want to get the planning going . . .

- John

25. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    hey gang, i'm in arizona right now. i hope to be back in SA soon! i'm here training and hope to be back in mid july. but i do need to ask if anyone has a camera, my buddy is going to take a job in NYC and might not be here to use is camera hook up. so anybody want to chime in. take care and i'm really counting the days till i'm back in SA! man the heat out here is killer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.