main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sabé for Queen! - "The Phantom Menace" now belongs to her!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queen Sabé, Apr 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    To the top!

2. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    queen sabe wow two new posts since last i visited. and both excellent. :) to the top indeed!
    :-D

3. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Thanks, jeditictac!

"Sabé, wake up..."

An incoherent mumble was the only response--it sounded suspiciously like Just a few more minutes to Rabé.

"No! Get up! You need to be in the throne room in case there is another message from
    Padmé."

Sabé rolled over and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Wouldn?t she just send it here again?"

"The podrace is today--she will more than likely send it to Panaka and he?ll relay it to everyone."

Reluctantly, Sabé concurred and climbed out of bed, silently cursing her duty. The cold
    floor of their chambers didn?t make the day?s activities seem any more inviting. A cold
    shower did her a great deal of good and, as she began to dress in the soft, light garments that she would wear under her costume, she recalled her thoughts from the night before. She would see him today--that was inevitable. Feel nothing, think nothing, and you will communicate nothing. Sabé stood in the middle of the chamber, building up her mental walls as the elaborate black travel gown was once again built upon her, piece by richly-crafted piece. She sat and the make-up followed, then the headpiece that covered her long, braided hair, slipped on carefully in order to preserve her white mask. The handmaidens quickly changed into their orange and yellow gowns, but this was certainly not done in silence.

"My Sabé, you look like your about a dozen light years away," said Rabé. Yané, always
    the joker, took the hint.

"I suspect she is thinking about someone important--and it?s not any of us!"

"Not this again," Sabé said as she rolled her eyes. Thank the gods for solid white
    make-up--her reddening skin was well-hidden.

"Eirtaé, could you pass me my sash?"

"Here," she said passing it to Saché. Saché tucked up the ends of the red-orange strip of
    fabric and turned to Sabé.

"You wouldn?t dread the subject so much there weren?t some small measure of truth in it."

How did she do it? Saché always knew what to say. And she was right--the playful charade with an ounce of truth. An ounce was all it took. Eirtaé put them back on course.

"Come now, ladies. Make haste! We cannot chatter all morning. Let?s to the throne
    room."

"Have you been reading those plays," asked Rabé in an exasperated tone of voice, "your
    talking that way again."

Eirtaé shook her head innocently.

"I?ve been doing nothing of the sort."

"Liar," interjected Yané with a grin. Eirtaé?s passion for drama was well-known to all of them.

"Perhaps you should be the decoy today, Eirtaé--I?m tired," said Sabé

"Not for a million credits, my ladybird," she responded with a wink. Sabé smiled, relieved
    that she was no longer the object of their joking.

"She?s right, anyway," said Rabé. Sabé stood and moved toward the door.

"Yes...," said Yané, "Besides, I?m sure her Highness is positively dying to see Obi-Wan."

Would they never stop she wondered. She opened the door and stepped out. Obi-Wan likewise stepped out of his quarters further up the corridor. Sabé stopped abruptly, causing the handmaidens to bump into her with loud yelps of surprise. He looked down the hallway, nodded at the five with an amused grin forming on his face, and continued on his way. As she resumed her course, she heard Eirtaé whisper to Rabé,
    "There?s nothing situate under heaven?s eye but hath his bound, in earth, in sea, in sky."

Silence. This is maddening. Her mind screamed for an occupation of any kind. The podrace was to take place in the morning, before the twin suns drove spectators--and potential gamblers--away. The thought of sun and warmth was tempting to her. Her body ached from the chill in the vast chamber and her fingers were cold to the touch. It must have begun by now. How long do podraces last?

"Your Highness, may I have your permission to speak," Obi-Wan asked pointedly.

"Of course, Jedi Kenobi. What have you to say?"

"I spoke with Qui-Gon briefly this morning. It shouldn?t be long before we hear the news
    regarding the race."

"Thank you, Obi-

4. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Oh so good!!! Two new posts since I last checked in. And they were both WOUNDERFUL!!!! I can't wait for more!!! Keep up the good work Queen Sabe!!!! I can't wait to see if Sabe will ever admit to her feelings for Obi-Wan and how long it takes him to figure out that the "on ship queen" and Sabe are the same person!!! I just can't wait it's so good!!!!

5. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    New reader, checking in!!

I love this story! I've never read anything like it! I usually just stick to the JA fics, but I saw your "shameless advertising" in one of them, and I decided to check it out. I'm SOOO glad I did! I hope you post again soon!

(I guess it pays to advertise! )

6. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    That JA fan-fic was mine, The Worst thing a Jedi could go throuh...,

I'm am so angry now that our computer was on the brink for two days. I could have read those magnificent posts earlier.

I love It!

POST MORE AND POST NOW!

I am entralled and patiently waiting for more.

7. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Thank you very much for reading and for all of your compliments. I'm flattered! <QS blushes- redface.gif >

I'll post more tonight so stay tuned!

http://www.geocities.com/queenshandmaidens/escapefromnaboo/blacktravelM.jpg
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Silence. This is maddening. Her mind screamed for an occupation of any kind.

[This message has been edited by Queen Sabé (edited 04-28-2000).]

8. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    uppers. i nearly missed the new post and don't want some poor unfortunate soul to be caused the pain of missing it... :-D

9. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Thanks, jeditictac!

10. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    Second page you guys!!!! For Shame!!! Can't wait for your next post Queen Sabe!!!

11. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    As promised...

Obi-Wan handled the small connecting tool well and he couldn?t help notice that Yané did the same. The two of them worked quietly to connect the circuits of the new hyperdrive to the receivers in the ship?s core. Yané tried her best not to smile. The situation presented a hundred opportunities for mischief. . .and she loved to make mischief. But how could she go about it without giving the ruse away? A brief burst of laughter escaped her.

"Are you okay," Obi-Wan asked sympathetically. He thought she was crying!
    Perfect!

"I?m fine...this situation is stressful...for all of us," she said, speaking the truth.

"And your friends?"

"They are all very well...Sabé is quite well."

Obi-Wan had still been holding the small wire-connector. He dropped it. As he fell to his knees to search for the skinny rod-like instrument, which had fallen beneath the suspended hyperdrive, he responded in a strangled voice.

"Is she?"

"Oh yes. . .she was a little shaken up, as can be expected, but she spoke very highly of
    your bravery."

"Did she?"

By now he had retrieved the tool. He stood, red creeping up his neck and spreading to his
    cheeks. Yané nodded, pleased with his reaction.

"And the Queen?"

"Oh, she?s fine, too."

"Ah...we should really speed this up...Qui-Gon will be returning soon and we?ll be taking off."

"Of course," said Yané and she returned to her work, a satisfied smile on her face.

As soon as the hyperdrive was installed, Yané returned to the throne room straight-away
    but Obi-Wan took a more circuitous route. He had just passed the open door of the cockpit when he heard shouts and a blur with blond hair sailed past them.

"Take off! Qui-Gon?s in trouble," the blur shouted. Ric Olié was already lifting the ship off of the dusty surface. Alarmed, Obi-Wan entered and immediately spied the flashing lightsabers several meters away. Green...and red. He barely managed to speak.

"Fly low...over there...leave the ramp down..."

His heart thumped in his throat as he watched the dueling pair grow larger and then
    disappear under the ship. As soon as they were out of sight, Obi-Wan ran down to the
    ship?s entrance where he saw the "blur" who had passed him earlier. It was a young boy
    who could only be Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan knelt down next to an exhausted Qui-Gon
    and an excited little boy.

"Are you all right," the boy asked, concerned. Obi-Wan was also concerned with the fact that such a brief battle had so thoroughly exhausted his Master.

"What was it," he asked.

"I don?t know...but it was well-trained in the Jedi arts. My guess is that it was after the Queen."

"What are we going to do about it," the young man inquired.

"We should be patient. Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Obi-Wan took the small, dirty hand that was offered him and smiled. He seemed like a
    nice enough kid, but there was something about him that disturbed Obi-Wan. Of course,
    he didn?t let it interfere with their introduction.

"Hi! You?re a Jedi, too? Pleased to meet you!"

Anakin?s enthusiastic greeting couldn?t help but temporarily conquer Obi-Wan?s misgivings. The three of them stood and left the hold.

"We ought to inform the Queen of what has just occurred," said Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan
    nodded his agreement and said quietly,

"There are a few things I need to speak with you about regarding her Highness."

Sabé sat, anxiously awaiting the entry of the Jedi Master. She had heard traces of shouts
    but had received no explanation from anyone. They entered and she spoke first.

"Welcome back, Master Jinn. I must thank you on behalf of my people for your help. We are fortunate to have you with us."

A little surprised at the relaxed tone of her address, he responded slowly.

"Thank you, your Highness, but we are not out of danger yet. Something has just occurred which complicates matters greatly."

"Please go on."

"I was attacked by a creature who was

12. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    Oh very good Queen Sabe!!! Can't wait for more!!! Quick question though, I got the impresstion that Obi-Wan knew that Sabe was the posing as queen. Does he know now or was that just my a wishful thinking??

13. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    Cool story QS , I especially like that last segment...because it featured Yané a bit more prominently (in most stories I read she is just mentioned as fetching the queen's gown or something) than I usually see.

Come on people, follow QS's lead and show a little respect for Yané!

14. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Sith Vegeta, all will reveal itself in due time. Thanks for still reading!

Yané of Naboo, I'm trying to give all the HMs a little more screen time, which is why I had Saché and Yané go to Coruscant, too. I'm glad you're reading, too.

More coming tonight!

15. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    I'm sorry! I meant to post tonight, but I've got a costume project due on Monday and I've been working on that. I'll post as soon as I can.

16. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Write on!

Obi's figuring it out!

Have any of you wondered why Qui-Gon doesn't in the movie? I mean, he spends all that time with her on Tatooine and when again he sees the Queen and her three handmaidens, Padme` isn't there.

Maybe the Jedi Masters aren't as wise as they'd have you believe...

Sorry, that's just my insane questioning on the meaning of life and all.

17. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Second page!!!! Yeah!!!! Let's celebrate...

http://www.geocities.com/queenshandmaidens/greenparade/parade2.jpg

I'll post a long segment today!

18. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    If I can, I'll post more tonight.

Sabé stood at staring listlessly out of the large windows of the Queen?s quarters in Senator Palpatine?s apartments. Innumerable ships of various shapes, sizes, and colors glided past her. She felt so small. Even her home, a massive, beautiful planet, was small. Who on this smokey, overpopulated city-planet would recognize their desperate plea for help? How many residents of Coruscant actually knew of the Trade Federation?s blockade? These questions and others occupied her thoughts as the other handmaidens prepared Amidala for her meeting with Senator Palpatine. They were to discuss their strategy for the upcoming session of the Galactic Senate.

She squinted her eyes and moved a little closer to the clear transparisteel panes. The spires of the Jedi Temple were prominent on the horizon. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon would be
    speaking there soon. Or were they meeting with the Council now? Sabé was eager to hear
    more about the Queen?s attacker, for that knowledge would be a vital piece of information which might help shed light on the mystery of the Federation?s invasion. Why Naboo? Why invade? Their boycott was being maintained quite well from above the atmostphere in their massive control ships. Why. . . That seemed to be the eternal question.

?Sabé??

A bit startled, she turned to face Amidala, who was in full costume.

?Yes, your Highness??

?I am going to want you to accompany me when I go to the Senate. You ought to have
    firsthand knowledge of all that goes on.?

?I will be ready.?

She nodded and walked out of the room, veda pearls swaying, layers of silken skirts
    rustling. Alone, Sabé could return her attention to her analysis of their situation. No matter how many different ways she tried to look at it, there were always pieces that just didn?t fit. There is no logic in the Federation?s move here... The Jedi Master?s words echoed in her ears and she was sorry for her conduct towards him--he was a wise man and he deserved her respect. My feelings tell me they will destroy you... Even though these words had been meant for the Queen of Naboo and had been directed at Eirtaé as she played the decoy, she couldn?t help feeling that she was the ?you.? A sense of impending doom, a sick feeling in her stomach... She was exhausted, physically and mentally, yet she moved slowly to the dressing room to don her senate costume. The
    thought of the heavy black dress made her want to cry. She was tired of heavy black
    dresses.

As Obi-Wan stood before the illustrious Jedi Council, he couldn?t help but be in awe. If
    ever he began to think himself above anyone, all he need do was return here. In the
    presence of so many gifted, probing minds, he felt dwarfed. Qui-Gon completed his account of what had passed regarding the dark attacker and they were dismissed. Suddenly, as he walked toward the door, an overwhelming wave of exhaustion washed over him and he felt a poignant sense of sad frustration. He turned to see if his Master had felt it too, but Qui-Gon remained standing in the center of the room.

?More to say have you??

?I have encountered a vergeance in the Force.?

?Centered around a...person,? asked Mace Windu skeptically.

Obi-Wan set his jaw and stared at his boots. This is not wise. His reservations about Anakin returned to him full force. He listened in disbelief as the Council reluctantly agreed to allow the boy to appear before them and tried his best to conceal his irritation as he strode out of the chamber, Qui-Gon close behind him.

Amidala stormed into their quarters with a look of dismay on her face.

?This will all come to nothing,? she hissed, ?I don?t have to be a Jedi to foresee
    that.?

?What happened,? Sabé asked--the anger in her friends voice had roused her from her sleepy state-of-mind. Amidala reached up to remove the headdress and tangled her fingers in the beaded suspensas. R

19. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    ohhh. the suspense. :) what shall happen? ~edge of seat~

20. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    It's late...or early? I've lost all sense of time...I'm tired...&lt;sigh&gt;

I'm finished with one project and I'm turning in a portfolio tomorrow, so I should be able to post tomorrow. I need to watch TPM to get some of the lines right.

Thanks for hanging on!

21. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    I'm so sorry I haven't posted! I tried to post last night but I kept getting an error message. mad.gif

Master and Padawan ventured out onto one of many balconies circling the towers of the
    Jedi Temple. The sun was setting. As the silvery buildings darkened, their lights and the lights of the ships that sped to and fro were as close to stars as they would get.

"The boy will not pass the councils tests, Master," said Obi-Wan hotly,"he?s too old."

"Anakin will become a jedi, I promise you," responded Qui-Gon cooly. Obi-Wan sighed in
    frustration but pursued his argument.

"Do not defy the council, Master, not again!"

?I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan.?

Again that calm resolve! Once more...

"If you would just follow the code, you would be on the council. They will not go a
    long with you this time."

"You still have much to learn of the living Force, my young apprentice."

How could he convince Qui-Gon that his fears regarding Anakin were not to be dismissed? He saw that he couldn?t...at least not now.

"Obviously, we see so differently on this point that there can be no use in arguing it back and forth. Besides, there is something else that I would like to discuss with you."

Qui-Gon turned to face Obi-Wan, adopting a paternal aura that signaled his willingness to hear it.

"There is something about the Queen. Have you noticed how her personality seems to change. When we first met her, she was willing to listen to us, however, on the ship, her
    attitude was much more...independent."

The older Jedi sighed and a half-smile interrupted his stern features.

"It is my belief that the women of Naboo are an especially independent breed. The
    young handmaiden who insisted on coming to Mos Espa with me and the young woman whom we met on board the Federation vessel have convinced me of its being so."

Obi-Wan laughed a little--he was inclined to agree. But his question was not answered...

"Master, do you think either of us has actually met the Queen? Is it possible that she is in hiding somewhere and her security forces have engineered a ruse to protect her?"

"I believe we would have noticed a more obvious schism in her conduct if that were so."

"I still think that something is out of place."

"Don?t let this question of yours distract you Obi-Wan. Remember that the Sith I
    encountered on Tatooine is still at large. We must be ready for him if he returns."

"Of course, Master."

Though Obi-Wan conceded verbally, his mind still lingered on the subject. Time to act...

"Master?"

"Yes, Obi-Wan?"

"I must return to Senator Palpatine?s residence for a moment--there is someone with
    whom I must speak."

"Of course, Obi-Wan, but hurry back. The Council will be ready for us shortly."

Obi-Wan nodded and left to seek out a transport.

Sabé followed Amidala, the Senator and Captain Panaka into their designated Senate box. Her eyes were continually trained on Palpatine. Beneath his slick manner, there was something else. A quick glance at Eirtaé confirmed that she was watching him just as
    carefully as herself. They were seated with the exception of Senator Palpatine, who took
    his place at the podium at the head of the box. Chancellor Valorum?s voice resounded
    throughout the rounded chamber.

"The chair recognizes the Senator from the sovereign system of Naboo."

A small jerk as the box detached and they descended until they were hovering before
    Valorum?s perch in the middle of the Senate hall. Palpatine began his polished speech.

"Supreme Chancellor, delegates of the Senate, a tragedy has occurred which started right
    here with the taxation of trade routes and has now engulfed our entire planet in the
    oppression of the Trade Federation."

He sounded sincere enough, but feigning sincerity was a common talent for many a
    representative. The Trade Federation senator was quick to respond.

"This is outrageous! I object to the senator?s statements!"

"The chair does not recognize the senator from the Trade Fe

22. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    *jumps up and does happy dance*

go Obi! go Obi! go Obi! WOOO HOOO!!

*looks around*

ahem...uh..I'll sit down now.

23. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    Yea he did it!!!!
    He figured it out!!!!
    WAIT, no he didn't!!!!
    He's got it backwards!!!!
    AH that stupid hunk of a man!!!!
    All beauty and no brains!!!!
    AH what am I saying????
    That shouldn't be in there!!!!
    So what if it's ture!!!!
    (Can you tell that I've had way to much sugar???? )
    Oh, and by the way, before I forget cause I go into Obi-World, POST MORE!!!!

::sings happily It's Obi- World, It's Obi-World, Where Obi-Wan is the only think we see!!!! ::

24. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Ha ha ha! He stuffed up!

I like where this is heading Keep on writing.

25. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    woohoo!!!! excellant post! definately worth the wait. i can hardly contain my excitement for the next post.
    ~happy dance~
    :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.