main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

saber auras overlap frames.. HELP

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by CenMakira, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CenMakira

CenMakira Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    i've taken sometime to search the forums for the answer to my question and have not found it so i decided to start a thread and hope someone will come to my aid.

When i edit videosand there is a close up sho and the blade goes off the screen i end the rotoscoped blade at the top of the frame but the aura usually goes over the top and onto the bottom of the frame before it. In the tutorial for using PS5.0 or 6.0 it shows the .flm file as
    |__|__|
    |__|__|
    |__|__|
    |__|__|
    and so on...

can anyone help me?

2. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    On the screen layer, just erase the edge...

Or use After Effects.

I just started rotoscoping in AE and I can say it's more fun, but I can't decide if it's faster or not.

3. Twisted_Hero

Twisted_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    ok, give this a go:

(you will only want to do this for the close ups that have the spill)

Use the rectangular marquee tool to select your first cell from the filmstrip, (you can include part of the black border) then hold down shift and select the rest of the cells (individually) that are likely to spill onto other cells.

now you can draw in the lines, create the blurs and so on, and they will not spill past the marked boundaries of each cell.

give it a go, i have only tried it in my head, but should work for you.

Jezza

4. CenMakira

CenMakira Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    lol thanks guys

5. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The filmstrip format will appear vertically to you. I'm not sure why it appears otherwise in the Finley tutorial (must've had the export settings set to VistaVision. :p )

If you open too many frames at once, it will begin putting them side by side instead of straight up and down.

The problem with the marquee suggestion you were given is that the aura will round off at the edge of the screen, when it should continue to be a straight line until rounding off at the tip. If you try it you'll see what I mean.

I suggest doing the tutorial first and then erasing the overspill on a frame-by-frame basis. More work, but better results.

M. Scott

6. CenMakira

CenMakira Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.