main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Saber Construction Party #2!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kreleia, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    VoidDancer, I live at Price and University. Is that too far out of your way?

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Larbel sabers makes EL blades that you can spar with. Lemme see if I can dig up their site... ah yes, here we go:

Larbel

kreleia ^.^

3. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Sweet, thanks Kreleia.

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I can get you Anwelei since I'm at price and guadalupe, but Sideshow is a mile and a half from you roughly, may want to try and coordinate with him.

-Me

5. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    As a followup, I checked on the Larbel Lightsabers, and it's actually Lightech Industries www.lightechindustries.com that sells the blades. $125-$135, depending on color. Plus Lightech sells their own sabers and parts, as well.

6. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Woo Hoo!. I just got off the phone with Lighttech. I ordered my red saber blade kit. It's gonna be SWEET! It ended up costing $175 for the blade and an adapter designed to fit it to my hilt. If I can get the cash, I might order 2 more, to complete my double-bladed saber, too.

On a side note, if we can get several peolple to commit to a group purchase, we can get a discount. The guy at Lighttech said he'd have to discuss the exact amount with his partner, but it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15%.

7. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    define group....how many ?

8. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    I asked him about 10 blades, but he seemed willing to negotiate, so we might be able to get a group rate with less than that.

9. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    hmm... still pricey...

10. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    True, Mick, they are pricey, but I received solid assurances from Mike at Lighttech that they will withstand any combat abuse we can dish out.

The major differences between these and other companies' blades are Lighttech's use of Polycarbonate as a blade tube, instead of Acrylic(which shatters easily), and the use of an EL (Elecroluminecent) blade (think Timex Indiglo), instead of something fragile, like neon. The blades mentioned by Void earlier in this topic are made from neon tubes with a protective acrylic cover tube. Not good at all for fighting.

So I think that these Lighttech blades, though pricey, are well worth the money.

11. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Hmm, meesa thinking "tax return"... :)

12. One-armed_Wampa

One-armed_Wampa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Why build sabers, they hurt me bad. me know sound of one hand clapping and me no like.

13. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey yeah, what kind of discount for a group purchase?

14. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Mike at Llighttech said prolly about 10%. If I can get enough people (about 10), I'll get things finalized.

15. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Mobius, I'm in for a blade.

16. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey, Void, forget about picking me up if the shopping trip is still a go. Essays have gotten the best of me so I have to skip shopping this weekend. :_|

Oh well, at least I WILL be there the week after...

17. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Mobius,

I think after seeing my tax return that I might be up for buying one. Let me know if anything develops...

KC

18. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    I think I see part of the cause for the demise for the Old Republic... the Jedi couldn't even afford sabers til the gov't decided to give them their money back from taxes... :)

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    COunt me in for the party. Please PM me directions. I'm in Chandler.

I'll bring my saber and my E-11 and my BIG blaster. And my Jedi costume if you want.

And I'm DEFINITELY doing a Rebel Fleet Trooper. :D

20. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    ehhh... wasn't there supposed to be a parts-shopping trip today? (March 30th) Did anyone go? I was waiting for furniture (all flippin' day long), and it felt like withdrawl after all the activity these past 3 or 4 weekends. **laugh** I need my FanForce Fix!!

kreleia ^.^

21. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    poor Kristie. I don't know if there was a shopping trip, I don't think so. I went out looking for fabric for a new cloak, but its mostly easter junk now. Maybe in a week or two...
    hmm, I don't think I'll come to the party with anything to make (prefer to do it on my own for some reason) but maybe I'll just come to hang out and see what everyone's up to if no one minds...

22. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    heh. Yeah, poor me. **snort** My day wasn't completely without SW costume reference - I actually picked up a different pattern for Thrawn's jacket. I just could not get the damn thing to work with the other one I have. This pattern comes highly recommended by one of the costuming goddesses over in the C&P forum, though. Progress should now start happening.

23. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    So have you officially moved in, Obey Wann?

24. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Jupiter & I couldn't get ahold of anyone, so we went on our own. We both have our saber parts, and if anyone needs any recommendations, or part #'s let me know before next weekend.

I'm also good at design and fabrication, so if anyone needs help or ideas, I'm available.

25. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Kreleia, it was along weekend without any PFF stuff going on.
    Jupitertronic, the get together is still on for your place this weekend correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.