main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO saber parts shopping

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediDragon, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    when's a good time for you guys to go? I can go any day during the week so long as it's early afternoon (I work at 3 and 4 depending on the day), I'm off fridays and saturdays all day though.

Just let me know when you want to go, and I'll be there. I bought some parts for the Denver meeting today, but I still need to get the stuff for the one I'll make at the Springs meeting.

To get my fone # and all that stuff to contact me about it, just shoot me a PM.

2. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I think we should all meet at like a Home Depot or something before the Saturday meeting. Say...11-ish??? Then we could do the BBQ/Potluck thing, followed by construction and stuffs.

3. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey Colorado Springs! I am from the Henderson, NV FF (Henderson is to Las Vegas what Widefield or Security is to Colorado Springs). I actually grew up there, in Security, went to Widefield H.S. and moved here in 1993.

A lot of us here are big time into saber creation and costuming. You can check out some of our handiwork at http://talonwolfe.tripod.com

We have spent a great deal of time searching for good saber parts and have found that some of the best places to look are in old junk electronics equipment (vcr's, cd players, scanners, fax machines, video camera's etc.). You would be surprised at all of the great stuff you can find inside of old electronics. You can find these cheap at yard sales, Goodwill, salvation army, other various thrift stores; and even sometimes free from businesses upgrading their old equipment.

Also Radio Shack has some great little bits and peices to put on the hilts (LED's, knobs, buttons etc.). As far as the base hilts are concerned Home Depot is a good place to start. Some good options we have found are plumbing and drain pipes, the stainless steel stands for tall floor lamps, and even some flashlight handles. For authenticity though you can go on ebay and look for old flash guns and flash handles. Some can get pretty pricey, but if you check often you will find deals (I have purchased five flash handles from ebay in the last year for less than $15 including shipping).

Hope this has helped you guys. P.M. me if you have any questions.

On a side note, I have a couple of friends there in town that I haven't talked to in a couple of years and they might be on this board. James, Brian, this is Steve, we used to play D&D and PC games until all hours of the day and night until I moved to Vegas in '93. P.M. me if you are out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.