Calgary Saber & Stage Combat Training discussion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoodLife, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you Old Republic for having our practice session on your green space. It was great! See everyone on monday.
  2. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was pretty fun. It's great to practise but it's 100 times better and more fun to have people to practice with. We certainly entertained the people on the balcony though eh? lol

Trevor
  3. Manu-Forti Jedi Padawan

I had hopes of starting class outside at 6:30 again.
    Depending on rain. (mon. 15/05)
  4. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    That is great news Tim, thanks. See y'all at 6:30.

Trevor
  5. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry I couldn't make it to the Sat practice - I had house guests this weekend and was incommunicado for awhile there.

But looking forward to seeing y'all at 6:30 Monday :)
    Jen
  6. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  7. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry I'm missed class everyone I'm really sick and was still sleeping when Lana came home after. I'll be there next week for sure.
  8. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    When you are feeling a bit better we should get together sometime this week to go over what you missed. Get well man! [face_sick]
  9. GoodLife Jedi Padawan

Well I've been practicing in my front room and becomming more and more "aware of my surroundings" I haven't hit the ceiling... not yet at least. Hope everyone has a good week(I have yet another wedding this weekend). Enjoy the toy fair & practicing this weekend! See you all monday!
  10. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    sounds good man thanks I'm feeling 80 percent better now and was able to work the whole night at work so maybe if interested we'll set something up for sunday night or something.
  11. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    It looks like the weather will hold out so we should be able to get in that extra half hour of training. [face_dancing]

See you all at 6:30!
  12. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    I shall be there for 6:30[face_alien_1]
  13. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    What a fantastic class last night! I'm having so much fun - I don't want it to stop!! Learning the moves and now the forms is really eye-opening. I feel more like a REAL Jedi with each lesson ;)

So, we should discuss where/when our classes can continue. I'm good for Monday nights still. Does it work for everyone else? And if the Academy still has space open then, we could still go there....?

Anyone have any other suggestions???
  14. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I agree on the Mondays as being training day but I think we need more space so we can really try out the moves. Cause this is too much fun to stop now all we need now is to learn how to force push and we're set.
  15. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Last nights class was the most fun so far. Monday is the best night for me so far. We definatly need more room so we can really get moving. The nice thing about the small space is it does make you aware of surroundings. Hopefully we can find a gym or a big space that we can continue training in. I'll have to check out some community centers for availble gym times.

Ryan
  16. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am really happy we have the opportunity to do these classes. I think they are really awsome! I agree you feel more like a Jedi with each class. Can't wait for more classes! Hopefully we can stay on monday training, but I am OK with Tues - Thurs or Sat. classes too if we need to change. It would be really nice to keep our original training group together I think.
  17. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mondays is cool but I almost wish it was a day where I didn't need to run right after class to work. But soon my work hours might be pucshed back to ten so that will make things better.
  18. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Monday continues to be a good night for me. Tuesdays and Fridays would not be good.

Raj's schedule is such that every weeknight is equally bad/good.

I think the idea of 'open gym'/practice on Saturday or Sunday morning/early afternoons is a really good one too.

Jen
  19. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sundays are no good for me as I work double shifts, but Saturdays would be good or mon-thurs nights.
  20. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am free on saturdays too for practice..so that is fine with me!
  21. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good one tonight everyone. That was freaking awesome.

I just finished reviewing the video and nobody need worry....we don't have any 'Star Wars Kid' in our group. We all look really pretty good on film! I'll get everyone a copy, unless Ryan wants to do something more creative like a menu or whatnot. It won't be right away but everyone wh comes to the practice on Wenesday (or was it Thursday?) can have a peek before we go out to swing the sabres.

Trevor
  22. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice!
    Speaking of practice, there seemed to be a pretty good response to a Wednesday practice. So, who's up for it again? And where should we meet??
  23. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    MOndays training was the best class yet. I think we all can agree it was the most fun to date. Can't wait to see the video.

Ryan
  24. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes the video sounds cool and last night was crazy fun alittle intimidating at first but once you got the hang of it too fun.
  25. Manu-Forti Jedi Padawan

You all looked great last night.
    I am very proud of all of you.

I look forword to seeing the video before any copies go out.(Old Republic)

M.F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.