main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Saber & Stage Combat Training discussion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoodLife, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving![face_chicken] Thats as close as I could find to a turkey.

2. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    A reminder that we are on again for Saturday at 10:00am for our continued exploration of the way of the lightsaber.

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I would like to ask everyone to be careful with your lightsabres between my shoulder blades. Exercise will be alright for my tattoo, but lightsabre strikes won't.

4. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    As always, drop-in was fabulous :)

I noticed today that, sadly, it is already really dark even by 7:20pm. If we try for practises outside starting at 7pm then we won't have enough time out there to get much practise in. I think I'm going to have to call an end to open invitations to my yard/park for Monday evening practice.

Anyone out there with really high ceilings....?

Jen

5. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Have fun this weekend everyone. I'll be in Vancouver for my Grandma's birthday, so I'll miss out on lightsabre fighting. May the Force be with you all.

6. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    We need Monday rehearsal space! Everyone call your local community centre and let?s get a room to swing the stick in.

-ShatirLavan, have a good weekend!

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Dr. H. - do we have a cost update for Saturday's training? Have you had a chance to speak to Sifu Rob about it yet?

8. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    Howdy,

Just so we don't overlap our efforts too much in search of practice space, here's a list of the community centres I just emailed this morning. I'll keep track of responses and give a report once I've heard back from most of them:

Braeside
    Varsity
    Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill
    Strathcona-Christie
    Cambrian Heights
    Crescent Heights

I would have emailed Bridgeland too (they have a brand new hall and would be very central) but they have a scary online application form!
    MJ

9. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    Are any of us U of C students, faculty or a U of C recreation member?

If so, tell me! It might provide a really cheap way to rent gym space.

MJ

10. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm a student. I'm super busy today but I'll see if I can get price info before the meeting tonight.

11. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    That would be awesome - if you have time, look into the gyms as well as the dance studios. We might not be able to get an ongoing booking (like getting every Monday evening for 6 weeks or whatever), so maybe look into what one needs to do in order to make a booking week-to-week as well. It ought to be free for a student (it was when I was there anyway!) - the harder part will be finding open times (I think we are mostly interested in MOnday or Tuesday evenings).

Jen

12. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I got the info, I'll bring it tonight. It would be free if it was a student group, but since we're not, 60/hour seems to be the going rate. That's the info that the secretary had, I might be able to see if the person in charge of bookings knows of any loopholes that could get us in cheaper or for free. See you guys tonight.

13. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    A loop-hole, eh. Hmmm...........like because it is for Star Wars?!!!! Would that be good enough?

Probably not. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.