main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So since Sabine mentioned her mother, father and brother; does that mean we will see all of them together this season? Because we know her mother is going to appear, and Sabine's going to try to get her on there side, but I feel like were going to get more emotion from everyone. Hopefully we get a talk with Sabine and her mother, finding out her own reasons for refusing to believe Sabine's claims, or if she did; perhaps she was trying to protect Sabine herself?

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Perhaps, but I kind of hope that the primary emphasis is on Sabine's dynamic with her mom. That'd be a refreshing change of pace, a mother who actually gets onscreen importance/interactions with her child, that are also important.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017

Knowing Star Wars' love of melodramatic family moments. The guy in Imperial SuperCommando armor trimmed in Clan Wren yellow is probably her brother. Saxon did say that she should have been wearing "this armor" by now.

Pretendalorian likes this.
  4. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Sabine will give The Dark saber to her clan so they could wield it as they rise against the empire. Having her become Mandalore would be kind of awkward since the show has more seasons to go to.

5. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I could see her maybe getting the job, and then having Fenn Rau rule over Mandalore on her behalf while she stays with the Ghost Crew.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Okay, hear me out on this one.

I think that the reason why we've seen such an explosion in Sabine's character in Trials of the Darksaber was because the writers decided to play the long game with Sabine's development. They sprinkled tiny bits and pieces here and there to make sure that the eventual pay off really, well, paid off. I also think it has an in-universe root in that Sabine has deliberately avoided the subject of why she joined the Rebellion because of how much it hurt her. She wanted to move beyond it and so bottled it up in the hope that she'd never have to face her past again. Kanan was able to smash that bottle, because he could see how her inner turmoil over taking up the Darksaber and what it would mean for her (i.e. confronting her past) was stopping her from committing to training and blocking her ability to grow.

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't agree.
    Her becoming Mandalore, then handing over power to Rau wouldn't go over well. Her rule will be challenged regardless, but that would just invite even more IMO. Her becoming Mandalore doesn't mean she has to be separated from the crew all the time, but it would adjust her status within the rebellion itself to be more on par with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma so she would probably appear in a more recurring role. I don't know if she would necessarily take on an active role on the Alliance Council (which IMO we are rapidly approaching the creation of), but be more of a silent partner and her interests be represented by Bail. Mandalore becoming either a neutral party or a member of the Alliance, is far better than letting Mandalore remain as part of the Empire.

Mandalore still has to be liberated from Empire rule, and until that happens the planet will still be some what fragmented in allegiance. So until it's liberated, Sabine could stay with the crew and rebelllion until she builds up enough support to do. It's whoever holds the Darksaber is to rule Mandalore, not the clan AFAIK.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  8. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Sabine taking on a lesser recurring role would be a HORRIBLE decision on the show's part. Not interested in that happening at all. Her becoming a background player like Bail or Mon Mothma, no thanks.

9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Again, I don't agree and it wouldn't necessarily have to occur that way.
    The crew will have to break up at some point, and in the context of the show she wouldn't have to become a background player. Even then, her taking on the role until Mandalore was effectively freed is a way off in the timeline IMO. A transition of sorts will have to occur at some point, and this would be a natural progression for her character and inline with what they've given us so far.

Babylon 5 successfully made the transition from Sinclair to Sheridan, and again with Talia to Lyta. Smallville swapped Lana Lang for Lois Lane. Then there's Cheers, ER, and the list goes on. A transition to a new role or even another cast member is possible.
    This was an episode that's been three years in the making, so Filoni is obviously playing the long game here. And this latest episode has restored some of my hope that there is some direction in the somewhat apparent aimlessness we've been seeing so far this season.

"The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain." -G'Kar (from the final monologue of Z'ha'dum, Babylon 5 season 3 episode 22)

10. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Relax, Sabine isn't going to be "leaving the crew" so to speak, definitely not within the show's period. Uniting the entire planet is going to take time, even longer for her to even be recognised as Mand'alor. And what if she doesn't even need to be become Mand'alor? Her goal is to unite her clan, not the entire Mandalorian race.

Vegeta Daimo and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The sword and job should have gone to Rau.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    But Fenn Rau can't unite Mandalore the way Sabine can. Sabine convinced Rau to follow her; she can convince others too. She deserves the sword and to be called Mand'alor.

13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Only because the writers are making Sabine the one to do it....They could have had Rau come to Dathomir with them and he was the one who got the Darksaber. And I am sure that there is something in the Code about Rau having the right to challange Saxon for the death of his men.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well if you're going to pull that card, then what makes your case any better than mine? If we're just going to dismiss things we don't like as "it's only happening because the writers are making it happen". It's a work of fiction. They make everything happen.

15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am just saying I would have done it differently.

They are basically going the King Arthur route with Sabine...the young person gets the magic sword and this signifies the right to rule...all she has to do is challenge the current leader and win and she gets the job. No real qualifications to do the job other than winning one fight.

As well...as leader of Mandalore Sabine cannot just fly off all the time for missions on The Ghost. She cannot just beat Saxon, claim leadership, and say..."bye...I got other things to do than live up to my responsibilities as the new Mandalore."

With Rau you have an experience warrior and leader. Someone who may have an existing reputation for those things and for being a straight shooter. And if he was to beat Saxon he could be the one to unite Mandalore. He just makes more sense to me.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'd say hold back until we see how this arc actually concludes.

17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I can do that...don;t get me wrong...the storyline is finally developing characters besides Ezra and I loved hearing about Sabine's family and history. I am assuming the Father and Brother are no longer among us as when Saxon was trying to get her on his side he never mentioned them...only her mother.

18. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I'm wondering if they are setting things up for Sabine to stop being a regular on the show and return to Mandalore. Wouldn't be surprising if that were the case as they found a way to avoid killing off Ahsoka in TCW so they would naturally want to find a way to avoid killing off most of the members of the Ghost.

19. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Going to chime in here,the Darksaber is a symbol of leadership of House Viszla, NOT necessarily all of Mandalore. Did House Viszla rule all of Mandalore at one time? Yes. Was the Darksaber their "crown" during that period? Yes. That does not mean "wield the Darksaber = Mand'alor". The two likely go hand in hand, but that does not mean they are tied to each other. Rau explicitly says "This saber is an important symbol to that House and respected by the other clans."

It is never stated or even implied that the Darksaber itself is the "Mask of Mandalore" despite what we all inititally thought.

Given this information, I think it's likely Sabine will use the saber initially to convice her mother to swap sides, defeat Saxon in their duel, and then default whatever status she gains to her mother or Rau. Will she become Mand'alor in the future? Maybe. Won't happen during Rebels until the last season at the earliest, imo.

20. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Maybe Sabine just passes the title?

21. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017
    I wouldn't worry about her leaving to rule Mandalore just yet. She won't get past reconciling with her family this season.

Next season she still has to reunite House Vizsla, which means reconciling her mother and those who didn't join Maul and perhaps any still loyal to the Kryze's reform movement and non-DW warriors like Rau. Saxon can be her personal villain for the next few seasons.

All this does is set up her series end-game decision. What's more important to her? The place where she came from or the galaxy-at-large. Difficult to say which way they'll go with the story because she has the sword, yet is a fairly famous artist in the Galaxy by the time of the New Republic.

22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    A few thoughts on Saxon and Sabine's future:

Saxon doesn't need to be Sabine's long term antagonist. He could be headed for a death in a Kurosowa-style lightsaber duel next episode. And I forget who speculated this idea, but Sabine's brother might be that ISC officer we saw in the preview. It'd be interesting to see that idea played out, and it would make Sabine's "they destroyed my world" line even more permanent.

And I kind of like the idea that Sabine is a wartime leader who retires to be an artist after the war. Really plays into the warrior-poet idea.

23. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

That may be true. However I would be a bit surprised if season 4 wasn't the last season for Rebels. By the end of season 4 Ep. VIII will have already come out and with it likely a lot of the hands off rules with Luke, Rey, and Ben will have ended as well.

I think they are going to want to start a post ROTJ series here soon and infact I think Filoni might even be in the initial planning stages for it right now.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Doubtful since FPJ has said that the show could do 5-7 seasons with Filoni's plan.

25. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I doubt this show will go past the events of R1 (infact I wouldn't be surprised if the battle of Scarif is the series finale). They are just two years away from Scarif currently in season 3 and next year they will likely only be 1 year away. They may be able to squeek out five seasons before Scarif but to get to seven seasons they would have to basically go into the OT timeline.

I wouldn't take FPJ's comments too seriously though. Neither he or Filoni gets to decide how long Rebels will last and if Disney/Lucasfilm wants only four to five years of Rebels and then they start a post Jakku show then four to five seasons of Rebels will be all we will be getting.