main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    FPJ has also said that Rebels has been commissioned for the entire series so whatever that is it's already done and the renewal is just for publicity

2. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017

I doubt there will be any post-RoTJ show until close to the time Episode IX comes out in theatres.

They absolutely want more than one animated series running at the same time. Rebels' run can continue to overlap the first year or two of the new show. It's going to be a year from now before any concept art gets released and another year for animation to be shown.

From his disappearance from SW social platforms. Dave Filoni probably spent most of the fall hiring a second team to start developing the new show. It's not like it could be the same staff developing that show while working on Rebels.

3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    They can always do a show within a show. They can do 2 more seasons between Scarrif/Yavin 4 & Hoth. Call it SW Rebels Conflict or similar. Show Sabine fighting on Mandalore. The (maybe) deaths of the 2 Jedi. Show how Hera became a General, etc,etc.

4. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    These were a couple of points brought up on a YouTube comment (credited to Bryan Leong) and how they compared some of the training and the handling of Sabine's emotions to Anakin and the Jedi. Not my words but someone else's but I thought I should bring them up to get someone else's take.

"This is why the Jedi failed, they completely ignored emotion and they became arrogant and stuck in their ways, thus leading Anakin down a path with little choice. At first Kanan was training her how a Jedi would but that didn't work, so Kanan let Sabine do what Anakin couldn't, open up to them and find balance in herself, even if it means that they have to push her, they let her own who she is, while the Jedi let Anakin down his dark path. Anakin and Sabine are very similar, they are impatient and try to keep their emotions bottled up and not let others notice it but the Jedi made Anakin feel like he couldn't speak from his heart but now Sabine has that chance. This Episode wasn't about Lightsabers and was that a good decision made by Dave Filoni and the team."

"It was because of the Jedi Code and their choice to ignore emotions that Anakin felt like he couldn't talk to them about Padmé, that ultimately led him to Palpatine for guidance, remember he told Palpatine about his slaughter of the Tusken Raiders and not the Jedi." (Responding to how someone felt that it wasn't about the Jedi ignoring Anakin's feelings but that he was compromised remembering Yoda's words that Anakin was to old to begin training which was his warning to Qui-Gon)

"Well to me it's not so much to let her use her anger but more of letting her be more open instead of hiding her emotions. That's the true way to find balance." (Regarding how because Sabine isn't Force Sensitive she's not restricted to using emotions and that it's better for her to use anger in battles because it won't lead her down a dark path even though they felt Kanan will teach her to be mroe calm in the future)

This a point from someone named Jeremy Rodriguez in response to some of the things said above.

"I partially agree with what you're saying. I agree on the idea that the Jedi became arrogant -- for taking part in the Clone Wars -- but I disagree that they were "arrogant" for trying to stick with their Code and Honor. It was because of the Clone Wars that allowed the Dark Side to consume them, by giving up their Jedi Code for the sake of victory, allowing their anger and fear of loss to get the better of themselves instead of remembering what they stood for. That was why they failed because they actually allowed what was forbidden, in the first place, to consume them. The Clone Wars was the ultimate weapon created by the Sith to corrupt and destroy the Jedi Order. Remember what happened to Jedi Master Kit Fisto's former Padawan? He was consumed by the Dark Side due to the effects of the war, it completey made him forget his teachings, thus he allowed anger and passion to control him. And look where that got him; he ended up getting killed by the sinister General Grievous for trying to "answer power with his own". Had he follow his Code by putting his anger and passion behind him, he would more likely have survived. Even though that his heart was in the right place, his mind was not. Because of that, he had no balance, and completely lost who he was before he became a Jedi Knight. Look at Pong Krell, a Jedi War Hero, who later betrayed Anakin Skywalker's 501st Legion because he foresaw what will become of the Jedi and the Republic itself, when the Clone Wars ends. Because of his fears and beliefs that the Jedi will lose the War, after foreseeing it (which turns out to be true as we all know), falls to the Dark Side l, and plans to be part of the New Order as Dooku's apprentice. Look at what happened to Barris Offee, a once peaceful Jedi standing for peace, fell to the Dark Side because of the War. Although, she was right for calling out how far gone the Jedi Order was, following the War, she failed to prevent the Dark Side to consume her. As a result, she killed Jedi and Clones alike, even framing her own best friend, Ahsoka Tano (who got expelled and was about to be locked up in Prison) because of her passion in trying to point out a message of how gone the Order was. These turn of events caused shock and trouble amongst the Jedi, including trust issues, as they were beginning to think they were being manipulated and deceived which is why they expelled Ahsoka because they didn't trust her. They were even beginning to not trust Master Yoda towards the last episodes of Season 6 of TCW, as they were believing that he was under the Dark influence of the Sith. Mace Windu didn't trust Anakin because he, along with the Council, didn't like how he was attached to a man (Sheev Palpatine) who has been interfering with Jedi affairs. After all, Palpatine was the true Master Mind behind everything, including Anakin Skywalker's fall to the Dark Side, the Clone Wars, the Separatist Uprising, and the Blockade of Naboo -- all part of his plan to destroy the Jedi Order and have the Sith rule the Galaxy. It's too bad the Jedi were blinded by their arrogance to not realize that they were being deceived, due to their immediate involvement in the Clone Wars, something Palpatine Wanted."

Bryan's follow up point "If the Jedi allowed Anakin to return to his mother and truly follow the will of The Force Palpatine wouldn't have been able to play them so easily. This is why Yoda in Empire Strikes Back doesn't talk about the emotional attachment stuff said in the prequels."

A point from somone named Orges Berisha "I can't agree with you more. The Jedi are idiotic. NO ONE can live bottling up all their feelings, it will just make you sick and kill you inside, make you do things against your own nature."

Bryan's response and this will be the last point "You can be both passionate and calm at the same time. Like Star Wars Explained said Kanan is bringing the Jedi into a new direction with him learning all these new things from the Bendu."

I originally was going to put this as part of my review for Trial of the Darksaber but felt it took up too much time and space and took away from tackling the episode itself and felt it was better suited here.

5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Honestly the Jedi allowing Shmi to stay enslaved after Anakin left (and don't tell me that there was NOTHING that they could do about that), and not allowing him to visit her at all (or any Jedi for that matter), was a horrible decision.

I mean they don't have to drop by for tea every other week. But NO contact at all, that's not healthy (especially since, for most of them, being separated from their family was never their choice to begin with).

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Jedi were a religious order, which required separation from family to combat individual emotional attachment; quite similar to many Eastern orders currently in this world.

7. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

Sabine's been adding graphics to her room since the beginning of the series.

The Kallus and Zeb as BFFs, Space Whales, Ketsu, Lando and his pig.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I love how Sabines room is basically a mural of the whole show.

MandoArtist likes this.
  9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm wondering if we're ever even gonna see Ketsu again.

TheSilentInfluence and CT1138 like this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Same. I also wonder if she will swear allegiance to Sabine as well.

11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Apparently, the whip cord on Sabine's new vambraces is based off the Zygerrian whip from TCW.

And does anybody else think she may get new armor by next season? Her current armor is undersized and simplistic, likely designed when she was much younger. Plus, reforging new armor might be a sign of reconciliation with her clan.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I do. I'm thinking by the end of these episodes with her family, Sabine is going to finish forging her armor with them.

Pretendalorian likes this.
  13. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Two possible ways to handle that IMO. First, have her swear fealty to her in the same manner that Fenn Rau has so that she continues to gather support and eventual rule of Mandalore further down the timeline. Second, have her be a challenger to Sabine's rule and at the end of the challenge have her swear fealty after being defeated. Both options further her story, and the story of Mandalore.

IMO, they've setup Sabine and by extension her family's story to be inextricably tied to Mandalore at this point. It's also added a much needed depth to the show's story by adding this plot line. With that in mind, it's made her much more valuable as a character to the overall franchise.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And many don't. And yet, they're not inherently "weaker" because of it. The mistake is assuming that separation automatically makes you stronger.

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I actually believe separation does more harm than good. My attachments, whether they are to my pets or my family make me stronger. At least that is how I personally feel. For the most part, I believe that is how the Mandalorian Culture views things. At least in Legends that was the impression that I got. From what I've seen so far in the new Canon it seems similar.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The comparison between Sabine's Mandalorians and the Old Jedi Order in regards to attachements really implies a more measured response to me.

The Mandalorians embrace their attachments, and on a significant level, if "clan" can be interpreted as broadly as it does in the real world, involving huge extended families and friends. And we see how it gives them a support system and how unifying they clans brings order and security, even to a pacifist government. But at the same time, Mandalorian society appears very feudal and fractured; the loyalty to the clan and certain individuals in the clan leaves fissures behind that can crack open and lead to infighting and civil war. Sabine being rejected by her mother left her totally adrift, and their prioritizing their own safety and prestige over doing the right thing undoubtedly lead to the deaths of clan members as well as outsiders.

At the same time, the Jedi seemed to reject and discourage attachements, so much so they generally refuse to incorporate individuals old enough to have basic attachments to family. It gives them a holistic and unified view since the Jedi Order as a whole is the closest thing to a family they have. But! It leaves the Jedi without many diehard allies outside the order, and more than one Jedi has proven they *need* the emotional bonds and support of a family. Dooku needed someone who could tell him off to his face when he grew arrogant who he trusted at a deep level, and Anakin needed family. Instead, both men were compromised, and the galaxy payed the priced.

It's a it similar to the Apostle Paul's opinion on the matter; if you have a faith or philosophy that is supposed to be paramount to everything else, including family, then treated it that way. That will inevitably lead some to an unattached lifestyle. But, if the need for permanent companionship is present, then for goodness sakes, seek out a healthy one!

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Agreed. Prior to this season (and perhaps just prior to this latest episode) it was hard to tell at times what purpose Sabine even had in the show. It really felt at times that she was just in the show simply because they thought it would be cool to have a Mandalorian in the group.

She now has a purpose in the show which does make her character a lot more interesting.

18. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Finally Sabine:sabine: has told her WHOLE STORY! I had a feeling there was MORE to it than what she was saying[face_thinking] After what she tried to do for her own family & people...they chose the DAMN EMPIRE![face_frustrated] How could they?!!!:_|

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just can't wait to see here brother.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I wonder if he is older or younger then Sabine? And if he's older, if he is part of Saxon's super commando's.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I also hope we get to learn who her father is. I don't think he will still be alive, but I would like to know.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Who says her brother is even still alive....he may very well be dead....dad too.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Killed by the weapons that Sabine helped to design...

24. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    I saw it too & didn't want it cause I don't know who's face is on that weird looking figure.
    [​IMG]
    Probably the 1st time I wanted a figure so bad but had to change my mind cause of how ugly looking they both are. It's just so weird to look at them in the cartoon & then be offered this weirdness in the real world.

25. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015