main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Basically that's what the general population of Mandalorians have become in Disney Canon. A bunch of flowers pickers & small toy dog owners.

No offense to florists & dog breeders.

J7Luke likes this.
  2. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    No,that can't be true, it's impossible!

Then why do Ezra, Kanan, Fenn & Sabine go on about how Mandos are so violent? Sounds like they're talking about the whole culture.

J7Luke likes this.
  3. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Hahaha. It's possible.

I think they think of the Mandalorians violent past when they mention Mando culture.

J7Luke likes this.
  4. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    The same Disney that let all the heroes die in Rogue One pacified the Mando warrior culture? [face_shame_on_you]

Maybe Imperial occupation of the Mandalore systems has knocked a bit of the fight out of them, but I think we're not getting the whole picture cause TCW/SWR hasn't been able to animate it yet, something I hope they rectify in the upcoming episode. Lord help me if Sabine's mission to Mandalore to reconcile with her family, House Viszla & the mando people is a tiny self contained episode dealing with 20 or less people, I'm going to be a bit upset, man. Deathwatch is supposed to be huge. I know it's hard for these cartoon people to show events happening on a planetary scale, but TCW gave us a taste of it when Pre Viszla & Maul ousted Duchess Satine, there were 1000's of mandos in that square listening to their speeches.

5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There's also the fact that no culture can survive for long if one hundred percent of its population is dedicated to combat; even dedicated industrial armies practicing total warfare need non-combatants to keep their infrastructure intact. One of the better theories I heard for the New Mandalorians was that they were a conglomerate of weary warriors and the majority of the non-combatant populace. Viszla's coup likely lead to a general rearming, but some people would have had to serve as desk jockeys, even if they owned a full suit of armor. We're likely seeing active duty Mandos who happen to be in rotation at that moment when Sabine arrives, and even then only those associated with a single clan inside a great House, and some of them have to be deployed to the borders as well.

And just to point this out, Clan Wren appears to have a headquarters on a different planet than Mandalore. Perhaps they guard that planet like the Protectors guarded Concord Dawn, and perhaps in open warfare (not a simple insurgency) you do mobilize hug numbers of men and women.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    But the pacification started in TCW, which was years before Disney took over Lucasfilm. I get that it's 'cool' to hate on Disney and blame them for everything you don't like about Star Wars, but I don't see how that can be attributed to them.

7. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I do blame GL for the Peaceful Mandalorians. Disney mostly continued most of it.

Heard a rumor that the reason GL made Mandalorians "wimpy" & the Fetts non Mandalorians is because GL was upset that Mandalorians were becoming more popular than his favorite creation, the Jedi.

Vialco likes this.
  8. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Disney didn't "continue" anything. You talk like its Disney that writes Star Wars now. You think they went to Lucasfilm and said "Hey, we want the Mandalorians to be pacifists. Make it happen because we own you! Har har har!" ?

No, Lucasfilm simply continued where they left off. George Lucas isn't at the helm anymore and they are funded by Disney, but it's still Lucasfilm. If Disney wrote Star Wars, they'd just dismantle Lucasfilm and do it themselves. But because they are smart and know they aren't the Star Wars experts, they leave storywriting to Lucasfilm.

9. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    With Satine Kryze dead, isn't the pacifist New Mandalorian movement over? I guess that SWRebels hasn't dealt with that yet besides having Gar Saxon's ISC's kill off Fenn Rau's Protectors, but mandos are mandos & are going to return to their old warmongering ways, yeah? I hope the next episode "Legacy of Mandalore" gets rid of the pacifist stuff, cause I can't see the general populance of mandos just bowing down to Imperial rule without putting up much of a fight.

There's this on Duchess Satine's wikia page. This Legacy stuff better make it into the current canon.

Return of the old waysEdit

"As you said yourself, things are changing. And sometimes, the line between friend and foe is blurred, now more than ever."
    ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Kryze[src]
    Kryze's untimely death would spark the end of her faction's power over Mandalore. Later, in 20 BBY, the former ARC trooper Alpha-Ø2—a deserter from the Republic's Grand Army now going by the name "Spar"—arrived on the planet.[8]There, he met a local constable named Fenn Shysa who persuaded him to act as Jango Fett's heir.[18] Spar became the new Mand'alor and, going by the title "Mandalore the Resurrector," he won out over the New Mandalorians.[6] Forming the Mandalorian Protectors, a new army of supercommandos, Spar brought the warrior ways of the Mandalore's past back to the forefront of their culture and joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems against a Republic he saw as oppressive.[8]

10. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    I'm liking Sabine's new hairstyle way better than the older "skittles" coloring that Darth Basin ragged on. It looks more mature & sexy, she grew up, everyone grew up in season 3 even Ezra. Her new hairstyle is a bit like mine except mine's longer in the back & just black but I part my hair the same way to the side & long like that it often blows back into my eyes. Yeah, the white & purple coloring of her hair is gorgeous. I [face_love]:sabine:! I wish the Star Wars Black action figure of Sabine had gotten her face right, it didn't, she's got too wide of a jaw & doesn't even look asian.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

J7Luke likes this.
  11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I do like how her actual hairstyle changed this time, rather than being a recolour. My favourite look for her was in season two though. I liked the blue on turquoise, and the colour of her armour being orange+purple.

As for that figure...yeah, it does look off. I'd just put the helmet on at all times lol

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Sabine figure looks like she is late 20s

Darth Basin likes this.
  13. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Jeez, that paint on the head is bad. Hasbro is terrible at capturing female likeness (did you see the Leia 6" figure?) and knowing their track record, the paint is probably even worse in person.

J7Luke likes this.
  14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I have it and it actually does look better than in that picture. But I did have to go out of my way to find a figure that didn't have a lazy right eye.

J7Luke and Snax Rebo like this.
  15. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Did you find this wave at retail? I had to go to about 7 Gamestops before I found Revan and Obi-Wan. I'm still on the hunt for Sabine.

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    No, I got it off eBay. Couldn't find it at any retail outlets, but on the other hand I was looking right after Christmas.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  17. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Ah. So far the only reports of the wave showing up at brick and mortar have been at Gamestop of all places. Nowhere else.

18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

I'm probably in the minority here but I hate her new hair color. The white at the top makes it look like she's aged like twenty years.

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

They have Sabine action figures (the latest was season 2, with a removable helmet) on Amazon for about ten dollars.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Veraslayn Kast who was a propaganda artist could be a relative of Rook Kast and related to Sabine,provided they're all related in the end.

21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

I hope Jodo Kast becomes canon again! The Fett imposter!

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

She could be Rook's sister. Which could also explain where Sabine got her helmet. She has a modified Nite Owl helmet, so maybe Rook passed down her helmet to Sabine. And Veraslayn Kast was also an artist, so that could be another connection there.

23. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

Didn't Sabine say she forged her helmet with her family?

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Her armor.

25. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    I'm pretty sure Rook kept her helmet, and for that matter I'm on the train of her being Sabine's mother. Notice the unique, swooped up "ear" bits on this helmet, just like Kast's. Or maybe her mother is this Veraslayn person and that's just a family stylistic choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]