main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That is how it was when the Mandalorians first appeared in the old Marvel Comics. And even most of the soldiers didn't have Fett type armor: that was reserved for their special forces, of which there had only been 212 and only 3 were left.

EU really went overboard inflating their numbers until every Mando and their space dog was one. I would love a return to the roots, but it doesn't look likely based off what we have seen...though I am not sure how well the show can handle large scale battles either.

J7Luke likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Sabine's helmet has the design on clan Wren, and Rook's design is the swooped ear. Sabine could have painted the Wren designs on the helmet, but overall; I feel like it was passed down to her.

If Veraslayn was Rook's sister, she was also part of Death Watch before the split after Maul killed Pre Vizsla. She also died in the civil war that followed. Rook could have given Sabine the helmet when she forged her armor with her family, to keep her sisters memory alive. Plus Sabine could have reminded Rook of Veraslayn, especially with her art.

3. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Oh yeah, I still need to pick up that one. The Sabine in question is from a different line and a lot more expensive.

Darth Basin likes this.
  4. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    If Rook Kast is Sabine's mom then did she get remarried sometime when Sabine Wren left Mandalor?

MandaloreRex2015 and Darth Basin like this.
  5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    We simply don't know yet. Kast was still using that name right around the time Sabine would have been born. Perhaps Sabine chose her father's clan name after being rejected.

Darth Basin likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Sabine could have taken her father's name. She has Clan Wren's symbol on her helmet. And Rook could have just kept her maiden name.

7. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017
    If mom was an infamous traitor, it would be safer to use her clan-name Wren when attending the Academy. Its not like anyone couldn't figure it out but at least the other kids wouldn't pick up on it immediately and start hazing her before they got to know her.

8. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    So, if those posted episode summaries for ten rest of the season are true, it feels like Sabine's two-parter may still have some kind of sad ending. If Mando support is a surprise like the summary suggests, than Sabien can't rally Mandalorians in the next episode, at least not immediately. Maybe Mama Wren tearfully establishes that she knows Sabine's right, but she's still terrified of Imperial reprisals?

J7Luke likes this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Or knowing what we do from the final episode descriptions.

Sabine stays on her home planet, either to try to continue to convince more Mandalorians to their cause or because her family needs her there, if they end up supporting her. She then comes in the final as the "unexpected source" that helps save Phoenix Squadron and the Rebellion, or whatever ends up being left of it.

Snax Rebo, J7Luke and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    But isn't Sabine with the crew of the Ghost in the Mon Mothma episode?

11. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    She doesn't appear to be, from the trailer.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Ah yes, and neither is Kanan...

Snax Rebo likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder if Fenn is going to stay with Sabine if she chooses to stay with her family until the season final. He doesn't seem to be around in the final battle (from what we can tell) either.

J7Luke likes this.
  14. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    If he's flying a ship, then I wouldn't rule him out from participating in the battle.

TheSilentInfluence and J7Luke like this.
  15. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Spotted Sabine's brother, I think. Look in the back, next to Fenn, Momdolorian, and Kanan

[​IMG]

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    For what it's worth, many other people (including myself) have also come to that conclusion after watching the preview clip yesterday. The ISC's helmet disappears during the clip and you can see his face. Same skin tone and hair colour to Sabine and her mother.

17. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    What's Mando for family reunion? Besides going on a hunt?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

Guess it was pointless then that they made Sabine & Rook Kast lookalikes then. Then again haircuts ain't genetic......

But hair patterns are.

J7Luke likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am actually sorta disappointed by that because of all the speculation not paying off.

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I love the hopes and dreams of fanboys/girls being shattered.[face_devil]

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

J7Luke likes this.
  23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    This is the Barriss/Seventh Sister thing all over again.

MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Well DF promised that Offee's story "wasn't finished". Making Offee the 7th sister would of been perfect. Instead he creates another Force sensitive Mirillian.

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And they got a "named" actress to voice her, plus Ahsoka was in that season and we never really got a proper "confrontation" between Ahsoka and Barriss in TCW.

The set-up was perfect, they just didn't go there. And it was disappointing. As for Sabine's mom, all of the building, and keeping so much about her secretive, feels rather pointless now imo.