main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Which is exactly how I'll feel if we get Rey Random!

Darth_Voider and J7Luke like this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Exactly, and that thought had occurred to me as well. It's like, why are keeping pretty much everything about the parents so secretive (this is true of both Rey and Sabine), including never using their names, if the "payoff" is just "they're random characters that we've never heard of before?" That's so lame.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean I don't think that's a fair comparison. With Rey yeah you bet your ass they're keeping her origin a secret- that's a whole different league of momentous when it's eventually revealed. With Sabine however, they've never really gone to great lengths to not mention her family, any more than they've not mentioned anything about her past at all. It's always been part of her character that she's closed off and reticent to share much of anything about herself. People expected payoff to something that was never a mystery to begin with. And this show's been pretty unsubtle with its presentations of mysteries- "what happened to Ezra's parents?" "who was in Maul's vision?" "who is the new Fulcrum?"; "who are Sabine's parents" was never built up like that, because it was never meant to be mysterious.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, any "shocking mysteries" will probably be left to the big screen. In the animated series, the secrets are not too significant - as Todd the Jedi more or less said. Don't think it is the aim of the show.

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think the way it went down was they were working on Rook Kast for Son of Dathomir, then that story arc went unproduced when TCW was cancelled. Dave liked the design of that character so he used it in Rebels as Sabine with some tweaks. I think Pablo already confirmed this when he described Sabine's design as being partly based on Rook: "...it was a Nite Owl + Rook Kast + original paint scheme + secret sauce". There were many designs and even environments lifted from unproduced arcs, especially Son of Dathomir, i.e. Stygeon prison and Maul's asteroid hideout.
    So we were wrong that Rook was her mother in universe, but in a way she was her spiritual mother out of universe in the design.

Heroic BB-8 and Darth Basin like this.
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting gif. Sabine uses her knee to block

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The secrets are easily seen ahead of time (Ahsoka, Kallus) Or they just outright tell us that this character will appear again. The only exception to this is Rex and Maul, but other then that they don't really try to keep secrets.

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So with it looking like they did find a way for Sabine to survive into the time of the OT what do you think her future will hold. She is only a couple years older than Luke and Leia so she would only be about 55 or so by the time of the ST. Even if she doesn't have anything to do with the movies they could easily bring her character into any animation projects that take place post ROTJ

Darth_Voider likes this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

I was thinking about this, and I'm wondering if we will end up getting Mandalorian things in the new trilogy with Rey. I mean, they could easily put in a mandalorian character that has an allegiance to Clan Wren that mentions Sabine if she never shows up.

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

I have my doubts that we would get much of anything Mandalorian related in any of the upcoming movies. I don't believe Mandalore has had anything to do with the movies so far and up to this point I think they have been pure Expanded Universe works. Most people watching the movies wouldn't have any idea what or who a Mandalore was yet alone why they are so important. Would be tough to bring them in to a movie and apease both the hardcore and non hardcore fans by explaining who they even are while at the same time showing the lush history they have.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Depends. Mandalorians are quite popular among us fans, but the trilogy is aimed at the casuals. Wouldn't rule out appearing in a spin off, maybe the Han Solo or the Boba Fett (if it happens)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    If Sabine ever shows up live action, I don't want to see her helmet removed. I'm not saying she's ugly. But I would like it as an homage towards Boba & Phasma.

13. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think you could introduce the idea of their culture and power pretty organically if they are simply one of multiple factions in TLJ. I keep hoping that the GFFA is going to have a significant backlash focused towards the First Order murdering billions with a superweapon (which they now no longer have). So, my hope is that the Resistamce meets with the remaining New Republic security forces (remember, local planets are supposed to have maintained these) along with any other factions that would have been co-beligerants with the New Republic against the First Order. They'd outnumber the First Order in pure numbers, but be outgunned thanks to having zero capital ships and not being on a war footing yet.

And I figure we'd be able to see Mandalorians introduced alongside Corellians, the remaining Alderaanians, the new Separatists, etc, helping to form a motley fleet to engage the First Order's invasion fleet. And you could easily show the Mandos being prepared for the boarding actions and ground combat while leaving the space fighting to the Corellians, and maybe even incorporate Sbaine with a brief line about how Mandalore will not bow to the Empire again.

Really, mainstream audiences aren't going to complain as long as the Mandos don't hijack the film, and simply giving them and the other heroic factions one cool scene would act to raise their profile.

14. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    The Mandos can hijack the film for me!

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  15. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Lol. Well you can continue to sit in the theater eating your popcorn while most everyone else in there is throwing their popcorn up in the air saying 'who the double hockey sticks are these people'. Then you could go home and watch the box office numbers drop assuring yourself of never seeing mandos in any Star Wars ever again.

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Hopefully they make it so after Sabine finds her father and perhaps make HIM leader of Mandalore....she'll REJOIN the ghost crew then!o_O[face_thinking]

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Soon, very soon. Because unless we're going to get frequent cut-aways to what she's been doing, I want her back on that ship, well soon.

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  18. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I say let her do her own thing.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, you should check out the new TV promo....that someone uploaded to YouTube.

20. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    Do you have a link? I can't find it.

21. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    Ditch ezra, bring sabine back! IMO that's the only thing rebels has left to give this show any meaning. Switch the focus to the rebellion and mandalore and forget the whole "ezra conflicted in the force" story line.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I think there is going to be a big Mandalorian storyline in S4. Maybe in parallel to the Rebellion stories.

Darth Basin and ChefCurryWindu like this.
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If Season 4 is set during Rogue One and ANH, Dave might move the Rebels 'universe' to another part of the galaxy - to prevent potential contradictions. Focusing on the Mandalorians might be a smart insurance policy.

24. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015

i could dig it.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You wouldn't have to worry about the OT.