main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I see Sabine has made another fan. :)

Her being in Forces Of Destiny is a great sign if they're willing to put her in a show with all the significant female characters like Padme, Rey and Leia considering the rather controversial impression she leaves on much of the Star Wars community. I'm glad she's getting attention outside of Rebels.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Someone posted a picture, on Reddit, of Forces of Destiny models and Sabine looks much, much older. Almost in her early 20s. Guess she will survive Rebels.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not surprising really

4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I mean you have a really easy "out" to explain her surviving already (her getting involved more with Mandalore). In fact, her and Hera
    Who seems to survive until at least immediately post-ROTJ herself
    are the easiest ones to keep alive.

Also if you're doing something focusing around prominent female SW heroes, then adding the two most important ones from your current TV Show makes a lot of sense.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Also at the Women in Star Wars panel we got a screenshot of Sabine talking to Leia in her New Hope outfit.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Her hair was back to the blue style though. It was good. So happy were getting a Sabine and Leia short episode.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

It was blue, in the model I saw as well. Pretty much confirming she will outlive Rebels.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    She goes back to blue and green? Cool, that was my favourite style.

10. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    So it looks like from the trailer, Sabine will keep her season 3 look for an unspecified amount of season 4. The shot with her, Ezra and the wolf shows that she changes her armour to be more like the Clan Wren colours. Didn't get a good enough look at her hair colour but it's the same style.

11. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    The color looked to be brown, with purple tips.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well that episode was something
    well Rebels just killed half of Sabine's family with her own weapon. That's sad.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    What is the name of...
    Sabine's father
    ???

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Don't remember

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If you follow Ashley Eckstein's, "Her Universe" page on FB, you'll know she posts a different female cosplayer every day. Today's was a familiar Mandalorian :)

[​IMG]

17. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Wow, she looks great!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. Darth Arashi

Darth Arashi Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2017
    hey guys, I'm new to the forums here, but have a very interesting question reguarding our favorite Mandalorian Rebel...

in Season 1 episode 12 it's implied that the Ghost crew knew nothing of a larger Rebellion or other cells, but then in season 1 episode 15 we learn that Hera knew all along that there was a much larger Rebellion with multiple cells, and that the Ghost crew was designed to be a much smaller cell with no knowledge of a larger Rebellion in case of capture...

with that all said and the fact only Hera and Chopper knew that there was a larger Rebellion, my question is this; How did Sabine know of the Rebellion Phoenix insgnia that she paints everywhere? She's used it several times in season 1 and on her armor, but if she like Kanan and Zeb were kept in the dark about the Rebellion, how did she know about it? Let's face it in Star Wars a phoenix is rather random...

J7Luke likes this.
  19. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    Excellent question! You may find these two articles helpful:

Sabine's Starbird Insignia
    [​IMG]
    Rebel Alliance Starbird Insignia
    [​IMG]

Here is the most relevant part: A similar design of the Alliance starbird symbol also appears in Star Wars Rebels as a personal signature of a Mandalorian artist Sabine Wren, and was designed by Chris Glenn. No formal connection has been established between the two emblems in Star Wars canon.

Loth-cat and MrDarth0 like this.
  20. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I think the similarity could be a coincidence.

J7Luke likes this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Sabine's graffiti could be a stylized wren. Then again, wrens probably don't exist in Star Wars.

22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Sabine's starbird looks like it *should* be a hybrid of the rebel starbird with Clan Wren iconography, especially at the splayed feathers of the wings, which would imply that the memetic idea of the starbird as a Rebellion symbol was known to Sabine first and she developed hers second. It may not be, but that seems like the logical conclusion.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    You're right! I was doing some more research on good old Wookieepedia and I found the missing link. There was this Bith dude called Janyor who became the Propaganda Bureau Chief for the Rebel alliance. He painted some protest stuff on Bith, and Sabine saw it. She points to Jaynor's work as a "major influence" on her own symbol. I'm not 100% sure of the timeline, but I think that Jaynor painted those symbols and then began supporting the Rebels.

Either way, Sabine based her design off of a favorite design of the soon-to-be Propaganda Bureau Chief for the Rebel alliance. She probably didn't know the symbol later became the symbol of the Rebel alliance, but I'm not sure. Anyways, she probably appreciated the similarity to and uniqueness of her symbol compared to that of the Rebels.

Darth Arashi

Loth-cat and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    season 1 actually directly references that (The Lando episode) Though I didn't know the Jaynor fellow worked for the Alliance. Thats cool.

J7Luke likes this.
  25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

I feel like I get Sabine now. Took me a while. [face_coffee] [face_whistling]

In retrospect, it would've been interesting, cool, great, and awesome if Rebels was led by Ezra and Sabine.

MandoArtist and J7Luke like this.