main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Those girls look like androids.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I wonder if Korkie is short for something, like "Ani" was short for Anakin. Now that I'm thinking of it, absolutely nothing that can be shortened to "Korkie" can be at all manlier than Korkie itself. Next time you try to make a heroic young side character, guys...try to give him a semi-manly name. :rolleyes:

3. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    "Unmanly" isn't the word. It's just.. dumb.

4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Dumb, yes. But "Korkie" also sounds like a childhood name and no one that's ascended to any point in his late teens (like he looked in those episodes) can still have that nickname and safely be called a man. Let alone how he must feel if it's actually his name. :p

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Korkie sounds like an affectionate pet name, and that's the fanon I'm sticking to. An ex-girlfriend's mom used to call me "Mikey" for instance. Or as was pointed out, that Padme, Shmi and Watto all shorten Anakin to "Ani." Jar-Jar also shortened "Obi-Wan" to "Obi" when greeting him in AOTC.

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Satine also called Obi-Wan "Obi" in Season 2, yeah?

7. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Korkskru Kryze?

8. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I'm probably going to get some flak for saying this, but I liked the blonde-hair, blue eyed Mandalorians. Now hear me out. The traits they exhibited reminded me of the vikings, which were a society of sea-faring pillagers who had a lot of recessive traits, correct? I think that's what they were going for, since it is an obvious correlation between the two that's easy to grasp quickly. Less that they were white, but more that they looked like these people from history.

Now, I would maybe like a little bit of information on the different clans on Mandalore, since Sabine obviously looks more Asian to me, and Jango was portrayed as a Maori actor. Maybe show a visible difference in the culture of the different races on Mandalore?

(Note: I have never been a fan of the Mando's more than they have cool armor. The only times I've seen them in anything was in TCW and KotOR.)

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I honestly think that as far as Lucas was concerned that Jango was not a Mandalorian.

I know there have been disagreements in the past over how to interpret Almec's statements when he dismisses Jango as nothing but a mere bounty hunter.

But I don't think Lucas, as of S2 of TCW was thinking ahead to Rebels or that they would introduce an Asian girl so far down the line. From seasons 2-5, ALL we saw of Mandalore was Sundari, and all we saw of its citizens were uniform North European traits.

I just find it odd that Lucas would cast a Maori to play Jango, then when going to Mandalore, conspicuously make every single person look nothing at all like Jango, and not even include a variety to so much as imply that such an ethnicity might exist in Sundari.

Now, what Lucas says or thinks is not canon unless it makes to it screen, or is written in a script, and so the EU marched on, and continues to march on, with the notion that Jango is a Mandalorian and that there are other Mandalorian groups outside of Sundari, since nothing in TCW contradicted the existence of such groups. And I think they're in the clear now, since Lucas is out of the picture.

But I try to put myself in Lucas' shoes, and see what he was doing from a narrative stand point, and my only guess was that in his *non canon* view, that Jango was not a Mandalorian. With Lucas out of the picture though, I'm guessing we'll see greater variety of humans among the Mandalorians, with some looking more like Jango, and possibly even non-humans, as in the EU, as Filoni and the LucasFilm Story Group begin to infuse more of the pre-TCW canon back into Mandalore.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mange like this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

Until I saw the box art.
    :p

11. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Sabine is the Rebel I'm looking most forward too. I also want to know everything going on on Mandalore right now.

12. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I hope her fate is happier than the other Sabine women!
    I think she's adorable. I'm loving everything I've seen so far.
    This is going to be classic Star Wars.

JediGirl_Angelina and Zabrak 3 like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Of all the issues I had with the new Mandos, their hair and eye color were not on the list.

No dumb pacifists in this show please.

14. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and just want to say I'm loving what I'm seeing of Sabine, she looks pretty cool, and I can't wait to see some footage of her. :)

Oh, and are we one hundred percent sure she's not Mirialan? I mean, are they born with the markings? I honestly don't know, cause we do know Mirialan's can have yellow skin, Hylo Visz showed us that. Though she could just be asian, yeah.

But I'm looking forward to her the most, even if she is kinda perky, I never used to like characters like that, but now I don't mind as long as their badass as well. haha. And seeing as she's a mando I feel she will be. :)

Zabrak 3 and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I was thinking something like "Kortikus," but that's not a perfect fit (and I don't know it's much better than "Korkie" to begin with). Besides... what could possibly be better than "Korkskru"? :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Korkibod.

But Korkskru is better.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Korkulus McKorkington of house Korkleton?

Revanfan1 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  18. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Just thought I'd share these with everyone, seems people are already getting on the Sabine bangwagon, she's like the only one with Fan art so far.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Haha, this doesn't surprise me, honestly. [face_laugh]

Sir Chem likes this.
  20. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    I knew I should have made that left turn at Albakorkie.

[​IMG]

klooney, jedinightwing and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Wow, she's quite bootylicious in that first pic.

I've also wondered what her little insignia thing on her chest plate is! Is it a little lightning-bolt looking thingy? Its hard to see on the official pictures.

22. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Sabine's design really reminds me of 60's-80's anime - the blue hair, the huge eyes, her proportions. I'm getting a lot of fresh classic animation influences from Rebels, different from Lucas's taste (European comics, classical illustration, psychedelic sc-fi book covers etc.) and something new for SW.

23. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Haha, I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it. She really is.

And with the insignia, you get a pretty good look at it here,
    [​IMG]
    And it does kinda look like a lightning bolt, yeah.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Something I love most about the animation is the round edges, lol. Just looking at Sabine, I am so glad not to be seeing all the blockiness present in Clone Wars.

EternalHero likes this.
  25. Katarn's Beard

Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Jan 21, 2014

I just don't think Lucas really cares as much about the Mandalorians as much as the fans do.Karen Traviss was the one who really fleshed out the Mandalorian culture. Anyway Jango's official back story is he was born on Concord Dawn and adopted by Jaster Mereel.

The one thing that annoys me the most about the whole Mandalorian thing is there are hardly any alien Mandos, despite numerous sources describing the Mandalorian culture as being species diverse. The only ones I can remember are a Togruta and a Rodian. On a side note a Trandoshan Mandalorian would be pretty awesome.Hopefully we find out soon if she is near-human or human.

I also really hope Sabine isn't related to Bo, but it's looking like that's implied with her armor and blasters looking like repainted versions of Bo's. She could also be related to one of the other female death watch members, there were a few.

I just want the GFFA to feel like a huge place, and if we're always constantly running into characters that are related it feels more like a small town than a galaxy with trillions of inhabitants.