main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah.
    All Sabine said to Ezra, when asked about her parents, was "the Empire". My bet is Vader paid a trip to Mandalore, with a vary large invasion force, and killed everyone who put up a resistance. It could be how Maul's story ended, too; Imperial forces declared war on Mandalore.

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I suspect we'll end Maul's story with that rumored Obi-Wan spin-off movie.

Man, who would have thought they would basically make Old Wounds into an actual thing? Here's hoping that Owen Lars still shoots Maul in the head. [face_laugh]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Owen: "Get off my property you red demon. We don't like you're kind here." *Shoots Maul*
    Obi-Wan:....Well, that certainly solved another problem for me...

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I forgot Owen Lars was a secret Sith hunter...

Regarding Sabine's past. Some aspects Rebels will leave open to the viewer to decide what happened to her...

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd still like a comic or something though. Like how were getting one with Kanan?

Or at least something on how she met Hera and Kanan.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think they might leave her mysterious.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. That would be good too.

8. cunningj

cunningj Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    If any comics about Sabine do eventually get published they will probably focus on what she is doing during the OT

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Well; Kanan's is focusing on his life during and after Order 66. Who's to say they won't do the same for Sabine; but have it take place when she is a teenager or something? Maybe just before she meet's Kanan/Hera and Chopper.

10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    So Sabine is a polyglot, cool.

11. Kino

Kino Jedi Padawan

Apr 15, 2014

Great post. I completely agree with everything you said. She was my favorite character that I saw in these episodes. She will definitely bring us for a spin in this series.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    A slight spoiler for fighter flight in regards to Sabine below.

Not gonna lie. The way Sabine used her art to take a jab at Ezra and Zeb in Fighter Flight made me like her even more. She sure has a great personality.

Also...

I loved the interaction she had with Hera. That was such a mom and teenage daughter moment. Sabine."....It was Ezra's idea." Shuts door in Hera's face. Hera." Well; it could be worse....could be my room.

13. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    It's great that she isn't a typical "Punky rebel who needs no man" character.

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well she doesn't need Ezra. That's for sure. :p

15. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    I'm sure she'll warm up to him eventually - this is Star Wars, after all. :p
    We've seen this character arc before. Leia was less than enamored with Han in A New Hope, but he eventually won her over. Padme told Anakin that he'd always be 'the little boy I knew on Tatooine' to her, but that didn't last. If you count the EU, Mara started out determined to murder Luke...there's hope for Sabezra yet ;)

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

NOOOO. It doesn't need a ship name.

But I get where your coming from. Still, I can't really see it. I think they have more of a little brother-big sister relationship then a romantic one. But that's just me. I think it's just because I see the Ghost crew as one big, empire terrorizing family. Lol.

Revanfan1, Cevan and TKT like this.
  17. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Hahaha, I know, just playing.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I know. That's why I was being dramatic. :p

TKT likes this.
  19. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    I think it was already hinted at a few interviews that we'll get her full backstory sooner or later. If it doesn't happen this season, it will surely happen the next.

Also, I'm not sure why but I think that Sabine's cheerful demeanor is essentially a cover for a deep sense of hatred and anger. Maybe there will be an episode where she finally snaps?

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I would really like to see this. If she sees something or they do something that either makes her snap in anger or have some type of breakdown, that would be really interesting.

I can totally see her cheerful attitude be a cover for what she is really feeling inside. Sometimes it's just easier to pretend to be optimistic, because it a way it does make you feel better then to be angry or unhappy all the time. I wonder if they do go down this route, if we will actually end up going to Mandalore?

Maybe the Ghost Crew will come across a scene where the people of the village they were supposed to go and help have all died, and this can cause Sabine to be devastated because it's too much for her? Think the burned village scene in Mulan.

21. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Given how this franchise has handled this plot line in the past (Han/Leia, Anakin/Padme, even Lux/Ashoka to a certain extent), I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sabine warms up to Ezra eventually. He'll have to do something really impressive and it'll take awhile, but I see it happening sooner or later.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe. But he would have to mature a lot. And right now Sabine has zero interest in him. It could change, but I really hope it doesn't personally.

23. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It'd just be boring if she were constantly being antagonistic with him for the entire show. That also shows a lack of character growth. It doesn't have to get romantic, but they should at some point develop a closer bond.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I see it more like a little brother-big sister relationship, so them getting closer would be fine. As long as it doesn't develop into romance. And she can grow in other ways, it doesn't mean she has to like Ezra. She can just stand him or something. Maybe eventually think of him as a friend.

Revanfan1 and Valairy Scot like this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what inspired her to use a pheonix.