main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

I agree, but at the same time it always seems like characters are intertwined by destiny as are their offspring.

I mean Anakin meets Obi-Wan, is trained by Obi-Wan, then of ALL the thousands of Jedi that die in Order 66 and the Purge, Obi-Wan makes it out to train Anakin's son, Luke, to defeat Vader.

Anakin's daughter is then the one to contact Obi-Wan with her mother's old droid that was given to her father, this droid then happens upon Luke and Owen.

R2 and 3PO happen to get caught up into the adventure of the Skywalker children to take down the Empire after being swept up in the adventures of Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker as they fight to preserve the Republic.

Boba Fett goes from being just a bounty hunter to being a clone from the same template as the stormtroopers and "son" to a key person in the lead up to The Clone Wars.

Leia gets adopted by one of the founders of the Rebel Alliance, who also happens to be the guy that rescues Yoda and Obi-Wan from Order 66.

There's just all of these destinies intertwined. And while it does make the Galaxy feel small to an extent. For instance, Hera SYNDULLA is conspicuous when there was a Cham Syndulla in TCW. It could just be more of those interwined destinies; the Syndulla family was destined to play a key role in the opposition to the Empire, and that it's no coincidence that Cham - who opposed occupation by the Republic and CIS - would have a daughter or niece (I'm assuming they're related) that's going to be prominent in laying the groundwork for the Rebels that oppose the Empire.

2. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Kanan could easily be a Don Bluth character. There's a whole lot of traditional animation style happening here mixed in with other influences that relate to the age-group of the producers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jedinightwing likes this.
  3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Right now Sabine's just a design and a name, neither of which I like much, so.. I'm not really hyped about her. More interested in Kanan and Ezra, who we have info about as characters.

4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Sorry, but while I don't disagree w/ the rest of your post...this particular part of it jumped out at me. Stewjon anyone? I think its been stated by Mr. Chee that if it comes out of his mouth in public (and probably even in private in some regard), its canon. Regardless if it eventually does or doesn't end up written down or on a screen. This is why I've always been so frustrated w/ the stupid Hierarchy and am glad they're doing away with it....I understand the desire to see what he says as the "word of God" when it comes to Star Wars since he is "the creator," but really, when it got to the point that he could say some stupid thing in an interview and make it canon, it just felt like a big middle finger to the EU:

"Oh yea, you know that book you just spent months - maybe even years of your life devoted to writing? The one you painstakingly developed intricate and captivating characters who take the reader on an amazing journey thematically and mentally? Yea, that one. Guess what? I can make it mean nothing just by trying to make people laugh on a daytime talk show."

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  5. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Lagos (that's the blond one right?) surprised me for a minute with her new look the first time I saw The Lawless. Like, when did TCW actually start making models that look semi-attractive? Not like actually *hot* or anything, but just kind of cute in a way. Just the way she was posed, and framed, and lit I think that made her look more human than usual. Puberty definitely did right by her. lol

I hated both. They took the most explicitly inclusive society in Star Wars and made them all white aryans, and they took a pragmatic warrior cultural and made them the most ineffectual version of pacifists. Terrible on every level.

It's like, what...day 2 of even knowing Sabine *exists*. How do people even draw and color this fast and make it look this good? Good find though.

Nah, Stewjon was a special case, just like Motti's first name. There wasn't anything actually on the books about where Obi-Wan was from, so Lucas came up with a tuckerization from Jon Stewart. Yeah, it's dumb, but it's getting a fan into the universe so...whatever, as far as I'm concerned. Same with naming Motti after Conan O'Brien. But it's when there're blanks that Chee rolls with what Lucas says. But stuff like Lucas saying Jango's not Mando or Mandalore's all desert and ****, that got stomped on, *hard*. And with Chee's thumbs up.

Ordo N-11, Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Remember the rumour about EPVII and Obi-Wan's daughter....

Rebels is (if you believe the online rumours) going to introduce *some* characters, who will appear in the PT.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've avoided the VII forums, so I haven't heard any rumors. I posted that as a joke, but if true... [face_plain]

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, the good news is (from what we can tell so far), Satine is not Force sensitive. So, that terrifying rumour can be put to bed.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Me, I liked the New Mandalorians, especially for the backstory they brought. The Mandalorian Excision was a long-overdue outbreak of common sense in the GFFA. A culture based solely on war and violence, to the exclusion of all else, with a fanatic hatred of the Republic and Jedi and a penchant for genocide? Any sane society would have wiped them out or forcibly disarmed them generations ago. That somebody finally realized this made me very happy.

Katarn's Beard likes this.
  10. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I'm really in the same boat as many else here. Sabine, Hera and Zeb are just names and design - nothing to them right now but images and letters. We get personalities, then we have characters. So far Kanan and Ezra. No personality, there's no character. Was the same with Darth Revan. For 10 years fans had been having their own ideas and then we got an official character and they hated it. So don't get your hopes up!

As for Sabine, she might not be a Mandalorian warrior at all. Hope she is, but I don't think she is. Probably a town girl who stole gadgets like Ezra.

Katarn's Beard likes this.
  11. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
  12. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Well, I'm sold. This is excellent, excellent news. Just the type of introduction I was hoping to hear for the character, though the art angle was unexpected. Which is not to say it isn't cool in its own sense, and surprisingly Mandalorian in a way I hadn't really considered before. Mandos customize everything. Her actress sounds good, too, and appropriate for the character. Liking the fact that they got a woman of color to voice her, as well. Really looking forward to getting to see her in the series.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Sweet Waru, she's not white! This show has potential!

And, y'know what this implies? Not all the Mandos are white, like TCW implied.

14. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Oh my god, she is perfect! *Perfect!* This is exactly what I wanted. Love it, love it, love it!

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sabine's most awesome room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The "feisty" weapons expert.

Yes, I definitely like.

Contessa likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The graffiti aspect is a bit meh, but this is Disney after all.

But I'm sold on Sabine. She's awesome.

18. mast3rplan

mast3rplan Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2014
    Cad Bane! :cool:

19. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I really like her. She's the tough feisty archetype but it works well with her here it seems and I think by adding the idea that she enjoys being an artist in some form whether it be graffiti-ing the walls or redesigning her armour I really like that and it does make her stand out. Still don't know if she's a Mirialan but we'll see. Also even though I don't know this actress really well I do like how she sounds. I really buy her in the part. Sounds like she'll be a great character. All that's left is Hera.

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Loo
    And right above him is Embo.

Bane's head appears to be taking off like a rocket. Embo appears to be riding an airplane (starship?)

I like Sabine already.

TadoFett likes this.
  21. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Sabine is not an unheard of female name here in Sweden (and in Scandinavia as a whole).

22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Best character of the lot. My 5 year old daughter liked Ahsoka, she is going to adore Sabine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    That is pretty neat.

I think it's going to be a toss-up between her and Kanan for my favorite character; Kanan has the slight edge because of the "samurai-like ponytail"/Jedi thing, but it's definitely 1 and 1A.

24. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Anyone else notice the slight Final Fantasy IX-esque design to the characters?