main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    The rumor about Obi-Wan's daughter has been debunked already thankfully. That was a terrible idea anyway, unless they somehow shoehorned her in being Satine's daughter, which seems a stretch.

Anyway, I hope that with Sabine being included in rebels that we will at some point see Mandalore and find out what the outcome there was post-TCW with the Death Watch under Bo Kataan being in charge. In fact, Sabine's armor superficially resembles Bo Kataan's. Maybe Fett will even make an appearance at some point.

Do you guys think any of these characters are going to end up in Episode VII? Didn't they hint that there would be some cross-over?

2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I think I'm in love.

She seems very interesting, and spunky. I like spunk. I wasn't expecting the graffiti/art angle at all but it works surprisingly well with her being a Rebel. So much Imperial propaganda to deface! I love her crazy looking room. I also like how she's not white.

It seems like the more interesting characters are being introduced later, and its totally building my excitement for the series. Compared to Zeb and Sabine, Ezra and Kanan seem really dull! I can't wait to see Hera next, although I'll miss these character introduction videos. I look forward to them every day.

3. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Not sure how I feel about her, honestly. Never was that big into Mandos in the first place, and spraying graffiti everywhere really contradicts what I think the feel of the series should be: a small desperate group on the run from a huge Empire. Not to mention, if the Inquisitor is even halfway competent, it's a giant "Hey, we're over here! Please come and kill us!" sign.

4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    OK, now I'm seriously excited about the new series. I was waiting in eager anticipation before, since TCW got the axe, but now I'm excited. This is a really wonderful character and I really love how artistically expressive she is. Looks pretty cool in combat too.

I can't wait to see more!

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sweet bloody kark, this is awesome.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If she's only half as annoying as Ahsoka was when she is first introduced, then I will be pleased. If she calls anyone "stinky" during her episode, I'm going to snap. :mad:

Padme501st and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  7. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Dang. I'm sold! :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If she's the opposite of later seasons Ahsoka, I'll be pleased.

And yeah, no Stinky. Unless she's dumb enough to say it to Vader and get choked.

TiniTinyTony and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Sabine does look cool. What do you guys think are the chances she is either the daughter of a Nite Owl(not necessarily Bo-Katan) or is herself a former Nite Owl?

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    That's kind of the impression I get of her actually.. Pink Mando Ahsoka with a graffiti gimmick. I hope it's not the case.

And her design.. I get they want a cool look, but it's a bit too much. It's like a video game character. I just think it's weird that a girl who looks this punk-ish/modern exists in the same time as Darth Vader and stormtroopers.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    She's a Mandalorian. They can wear whatever they kriffing well please. :p

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Lets play "I spy." A couple people already mentioned Cad Bane and Embo....I also see a Tooka. What else?

Cad Bane
    Embo
    Tooka

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

For whatever it's worth, Filoni only seemed to be as excited as everybody else in that video---not ten times more---so I think you guys are probably in the clear. [face_cowboy]

EDIT: As for me, I love the look and the concept. Sure, it's a short jump from the idea of "Rebels" to "hey, graffiti artist!" but this ain't exactly the West Wing we're talking about here. Fun archetypal stuff works for me.

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    And Ahsoka was a Jedi. So what? They're still characters in a show that look out-of-place, IMO.

15. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

About the punk/modern style... to be fair, I wonder if what we're seeing is an attempt at a dedicated style meant to represent the "Dark Times" period itself. Think about the club in AotC, and the trajectory that look could have. Perhaps something super tragic and Imperial is going to happen at some point in the series---or simply the tyranny of the Empire becomes less veiled and more widely-perceived---that makes trivial "stylish" acts of Rebellion too risky. Sort of escalating the perceived danger as the heroes grow, for narrative effect. It is interesting to think about, and something I've wanted to see, that for everybody who obeys and doesn't dig too deep, the Empire is just a standard government... ergo, standard rebellious young people behavior.

It doesn't bother me, though, so maybe I'm willing to connect these dots a little more easily than you.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Her rival will be a stuffy avante-garde artist who criticizes her designs for being too gaudy and devoid of any real potential for culture-jamming against the Imperial media machine. At which point Sabine pulls a blaster I guess.

Otherwise, I like the concept but it all falls on execution, I hope they don't fall into the trying-too-hard trap.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Mandalorians are known to be extremely diverse in the coloring of their armor, for starters. Pink would not be unusual at all on Mandalore, and besides that, she's not even entirely pink. She's actually predominantly red, with pink on the helmet, from what I can tell. And besides, Mandalorians could be considered very artistic people, from "a certain point of view," with their music and all. Sabine just has a unique way of showing it.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    FTFY.

Mandalorians have different colors for the armor, which signifies something. From the Wook:

Sabine's armor kinda appears reddish (or pink), so I wonder if she is "honoring a father?" But what I sense most from her is "a lust for life", and there are orange spots decorated across her armor. Though most of it is black, which would mean "justice", appropriate if she is really into the rebel cause of bringing their form of "justice" to their Imperial foes. Chances are the armor colors have nothing to do with traditional Mandlaoiran colors, and she's just out to customize hers the way she sees fit. Basically, "just colors that the particular Mandalorian liked."

Contessa, Mia Mesharad and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Last time I checked, just because you're part of the same group doesn't necessarily mean that you're exactly the same as everyone else. There's factors like age, experience, who raised you, where you grew up, etc that help determine your personality. Just because she's a Mandalorian doesn't mean that she'll automatically be like Bobba Fett or Jango, or Bo Katan, etc. Maybe her background is different from theirs, or maybe she's, you know, her own person? Turning her into Bobba 2.0 would just be boring and uninteresting.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Exactly.

And while I don't know anything about how the Mandalorians were depicted in the EU, just looking at how the Clone Wars handled them (which is of course canon and overwrites any other version): with the Picasso's Guernica-inspired Mandalorian mural, and the entire planet looking like a Cubist painting, nearly everything about them is artistic. So Sabine being the way she is fits perfectly with who the Mandalorians are, per the Clone Wars.

She's a very stylish girl.
    (And now Dimitri From Paris' "Une Very Stylish Fille" is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day... and whenever I see Sabine.)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    do we know she is a mandolorian or did she just take the armor.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I had the same thought but DF refers to her as a Mandalorian in the video so I think that's pretty solid.

23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_laugh] Thanks. Or should I say, Vor entye.

Contessa and Circular Logic like this.
  24. Basilews

Basilews Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    I think that I see Derrown (or other Parwan), above the tooka and yellow rectangle.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It is possible to see all these people in episode 7. Is it possible that she is also related to a member of the Death Watch that we saw in the clone wars ;).