main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *reads through thread*

*blinks*

If all the characters fit the moral standards that I expect from people in our world, I'd be bored as hell watching Star Wars.

As far as Sabine, given how terrible the new Mandos turned out to be, I hope she is/was Death Watch.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well no matter what she was not a new mando so she is death watch meaning the warrior mandos but the new question is were her parents part of the mauldalorians of night owls.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Right.

One is free to argue 'till they're blue in the face whether or not they view Bo-Katan Kryze as "evil." I think it's a legitimate discussion as tou whether or not her inner nature was evil and irredeemable.

However, what absolutely, 1000% cannot be refuted is that Bo-Katan knowingly committed incredibly evil, unjustifiable acts against a perfectly innocent, non-combatant civilian population. She was a party to these atrocities. This much is undeniable.

You want to say she was or was not evil? Fine. But she absolutely did evil things.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Trebor Sabreon

Yep. I know. I've changed my opinion on that matter, but I still like her as a character.

Same here.

She does mention Bo-Katan in her sketchbook, so it seems she knows about her at least. I don't know whether or not she knows about Death Watch though.

I feel like those two Mauldalorians in the sketchbook were hinting, if subtly that her parents could have been Mauldalorians. I really hope they were actually.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I like Maul Vader Pre and many more evil people we can still like them even if they are the scum of the galaxy.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, admitting that a character is evil and did evil things doesn't mean we can't like them.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Is there scans from Sabine's sketch book of the Maul's Death Watch illustrations?

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I tend to be a hardass when it comes to redeemable characters. If someone commits an evil act like killing 10 people changing their ways and saving 20 lives does not erase the 10 people that were murdered. I don't think people an actually redeem themselves from the pain they already caused. They will always be at the best case scenario Anti-Villains.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Absolutely!

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree. It certainly does not erase the sin. That will have to be something which is carried with that being for the rest of their days.

And a good writer not only acknowledges this fact, but uses it to their benefit. If, for example, we see Bo-Katan again (and assuming she is now presented as one of the 'good guys'), it will be to our benefit to see Kryze coming to terms with her past (rather than sweeping things under the rug and not dealing with the fact that we all watched her do the things she and the Death Watch did).

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This but I doubt they will and instead they will be like she is mandalorian after all.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Mandalore was a neutral planet, and Satine went out've her way to keep the planet from falling into Republic or Separatist influence by remaining neutral, so its difficult to reconcile just why Sabine is pro-Republic. Death Watch was already a murderous criminal terrorist group during Satine's government and outlawed by New Mandalorians whom are different from the Mandalorian war crazed warriors of old, as those peoples nearly brought Mandalorians to brink of extinction if we're to go by Satine's back in season 2. The planet is afterall a nuclear warzone and Sundari was apparently the only habitable place, and it was domed in and had a large military and support of its population but by season 5 the people and military were largely useless and impotent. Vizla's Death Watch couldnt take the planet or hold it for long as he always needed some ruse to dupe the populance to make them accept Death Watch. Condoria seemed to have been the main source of Death Watch recruits via Vizla as he was governor there, but that place suffered from being over mined and was only just recovering - its population number is unknown.

If Bo-Katan is now part of Korkie and friends pro-Satine regime then they'd be out to topple Death Watch's return to Old Mandalore ways, so that means an anti-imperialist, and anti-military government would be placed back in command even if this time it was pro-Republic. Bo-Katan would also have to tell them her part, then Korkie and whoever was in command under Satine would have to choose whether or not they want to be allies to this person who first betrays the Mandalorian people by being a terrorist murderer and seeking to destroy their legal government and also a traitor Death Watch member who betrayed their code. If Bo-Katan is just fighting to "make things right" by placing her sisters regime back in control, its unclear why her Nite Owls or Death Watch members would follow her as its against their code and way of life. Now Katan is fighting for a personal cause and not any pro-Vizla Death Watch rebellion anymore. Her followers were very few, and some Nite Owls sided with Maul and by SOD Maul's forces were extensive as he succeeded in carrying out the mechanization & mobilization of a large Death Watch Mandalorian army and seems to have brought them back into the crusader mode. So the Mandalorian industrial war machine was in production for a sustained war. Its extremely doubtful whether Bo-Katan would be able to train raw rebel recuits from the New Mandalorians under such conditions and short amount of time and she and pro- Satine loyalists needed Republic military intervention to decide the civil war for them. So all her nonsense about an outsider ruling Mandalore would end up biting her anyway. She called in the Sith Empire to take control of Mandalore which they did sometime before or after ROTS - she'd be an even bigger fool and traitor in history of that planet. If Kenobi brought in the Republic troops, its also unclear why Sabine would like Jedi , that coupled with the fact that Death Watch and Old Mandalorians and Jedi were ancient enemies.

13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I think Sabine's reasons for being part of the Rebellion are much more personal rather than necessarily political/ideological. She hates the Empire, likely for whatever fate ended up befalling her family (as she implied in the Pilot). And given how it's revealed in another episode that she was once a cadet at the Imperial Academy, she probably didn't ALWAYS hate the Empire.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think Bo-Katan was...well, not evil, but she definitely wasn't pure good. She had a good side, for sure, as seen with her interactions with Obi-Wan and Satine in The Lawless. I think she is basically the epitome of anti-hero. And I think to a certain extent that may have come of seeing that they had been wrong for following Maul's plan, and becoming more willing to work with Satine and the Jedi. She definitely had feelings–look at her face when Obi-Wan says he's sorry about her sister, or how she reacted when Vizsla dies–so she's not a heartless scumbag.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Over a month without posting in this thread... got to change that!

FPJ said Sabine's backstory will be explored in Season 2, and that it will "cause some people to flip". So what could that be?

Is she Death Watch?
    Is she related to Jango Fett?
    Is she the (later cloned) sister of Boba Fett?

Or is the "flipping" story her Imperial involvement, when she was at the Academy? I would like that. Perhaps she saw the Lasat-Genocide.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Is there any scans , least about Death Watch, I asked before but nobody replied.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Most likely out of the 3 is she is Death Watch.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Makes sense. We do see hints of her love of the "Mandalorian Warrior Way" in the Sketchbook after all.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I agree that she could be part of Death Watch as well. Plus, she mentioned Bo-Katan in the book as well. And a picture of the Mauldalorian's was also in her sketchbook.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

And those Mandalorians were Mauldalorians correct.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that she's only about 16 - for her to be "Death Watch" would imply that their culture has survived for quite a while after the Clone Wars.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I can't imagine why.
    [​IMG]
    *cough*

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean I think the Empire would Favor Death Watch over Night owls when there were way less of NO's

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I figured on the Night Owls as a Death Watch subfaction.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

So did I but there fighting each other so I meant it that way.