Nash, TN Sabre/Costuming Meeting and movie on March 8th

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Although a few of us met before the meeting last Friday, we didn't have much time since we had to be at Shoney's at 7pm, so after a few of us saw "Collatoral Damage" we decided it might be good to meet this coming Firday, March 8th at the Lowes in cool springs, and then go on over to the Thoroughbred and see "The Time Machine."

I'm in, and so is Jay.

Basically just post and let us know if you are in.
    We met around 6PM last time, are there any objections to that meeting time?
  2. k kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to miss movie night. My grandmother just passed away :( and I will be heading up to Indiana for the funeral and to spend some time with my family. Unfortunately I won't be back until later in the weekend. I guess I'll go check "the Time Machine" out with my folks if we get the chance.

As far as the lightsabers go, I got some great ideas just by seeing what Jedi Toren and Scruff did with theirs at the meeting. I went to Lowes this weekend and picked up some parts for making a lightsaber. The steel pipe has been chucked in place of a brass one. I also found a neat way to make it light up and even bought a 5' section of semi transparent PVC pipe. I'm going to work on it a little bit if I get the chance as my Dad has a decent work bench and some electric machinery that would definitely help.

Have a great time! I'll chat with you all next week. :)
  3. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Sounds like you've really made some progress on your sabre. One of these days I might make an EL bladed version of my sabre.
  4. guber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would love to go but I cant drive back from school every weekend. I will be back the weekend of the 15th if we do anything.
  5. obi_john Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry about your grandmother kanos. My condolences to you and your family.
    I will also be unable to make it Friday as this is my weekend on call. If you all ever decide to go on a weeknight for sabre stuff let me know. Its easier for me to get out then.

John
  6. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    So anyone still up for doing this? I know Jay said he was still up for it a few days ago.
  7. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I think my wife and Dylan are going as well.
  8. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Kewl. I guess I will see you guys at 6PM at Lowe's tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.