Sac-con jumps to Sept 4th. Prepare for ground assault.

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Deadpool, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm thinking they moved this date up, I could swear it was set to be on the 18th. Anyway the website now sez it's Sept 4th.

Meet Mark Waid

Anywho I contacted the guy about a table again, no response. I'll call the number in a day or two if nothing happens.

With any luck we can get this banner before then but if not no worries we can go without if need be.

It's the other stuff we need for the pics and all that we should worry about.

Guests:
    Mark Waid (for you non-comics people this is HUGE, also he wrote a Deadpool mini-series...so you know he's cool. Heh)

Ron Lim

Dan Brereton

time is shorter then we thought so I guess the best place to start is with a head count. Who can go and help man the table?

*runs off to go beg for movie promos
  2. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    september 4th i am free i think i am therewill not miss 2 meetings in a row
  3. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Rogue Leader is there

Rogue 14 can you make me an online flyer for this event?

4. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    We should also talk about what to do after the convention. I'm thinking dinner somewhere....you guys can help me stalk Mark Waid and make him an honorary (sp?) Rogue.

5. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Ill start to work on a flyer.

Locking S-foils!
  6. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    rogue 4 can defenetly help.
  7. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I can be there. The 4th actually works much better than the 18th for me. I do have rehearsal at 6 pm, so I may bail out early from dinner.
  8. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok I've went out and begged for movie passes and promo's from the PR peeps. also if I can get the stuff from KDVS I'm going to have some stuff for them on the table as well (program guides, stickers, etc...trying to get thier banner as well since we might not have ours ready by then.)

I'll let you guys know if I get anything coming our way.

EDIT:
    Stuff is on the way. At least a few things (so far)

We are going to have a "enter to win" contest at our table. All goes well this will draw alot of people to our area.
    *enter to win: (so far) Poster and Flip books from "Corpse Bride". T-shirts and Books from "A sound of thunder"

We'll also have some other posters to give out at our table as well.

9. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    We've got our table!!

I spoke to the convention dude and we've got a table in the lobby with the artist guests. (puts me right in stalking range of Mark Waid...excellent)

so we are set to go with the table people.

10. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sweet! Rogues are GO for ground assault! Stay in formation. :D
  11. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Way to go DP!!!=D=

I will be there with bells on.[face_dancing]

Oh...and my camera.:-B
  12. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So you'll just be wearing bells and a camera? Well our table's going to be popular. =P~

I just called the guy and said:

"Yo man this is Deadpool fo shizzle."
    "Oh Deadpool, man I've heard of you."
    "Well duh, I'm Deadpool."
    "Fo sho?"
    "Fo real."
    "Yo gimmie a table at the convention for my peeps."
    "anything for you Mr Deadpool."
    "That's right and Put us right near Mark Waid too fool!"
    "yes sir."

At least that's how I remember it, I just wish I hadn't drank all that NyQuil at lunch.

13. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    question for mr deadp@@l do us rogues still pay the piper at the door or what
  14. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    hmmmmmm that is a good question. I really don't know. I assumed we would. I'll play it by ear on that one.

It's not a huge cover just a few bucks with the printed coupon, I'm cool with paying still myself. they are giving us the table space for free.
  15. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    LDV- heres your online flyer

[image=http://www.sjfanboy.com/images/9405con.jpg]
  16. MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Master

star 2
    Flyer looks great, Bith. [face_laugh] Sept 4th is good for me. Did someone mention dinner? Isn't Old Spaghetti Factory nearby? [face_coffee]

MJ
  17. sithmastersaul Jedi Knight

star 3
    bith great flyer bro, but i hate arnold ack makes me wanna throw up he doesnt deserve to be in our ad plus you pasted him to vaders body that fits vader picked on people who couldnt defend themselves either.sorry i just hate that guy
  18. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    well he is sac's biggest celebrity, i dont think christine mendosa or dale schornak would register with anyone outside of the area :)
  19. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm a fan of Arnie as an action star, but not being head cheese of [arnold voice] Kallifornea[/accent]. flyers great Bith as always.

I'll give Arnold a call and invite him to drop by the convention, he owes from that thing back in the day...I can't really talk about it.
  20. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Arnold says he's busy filming Twins II: Back to the Lab again yo! (this time it's personal) to go to the Sac-con. But I did request some signed photos for us (heh heh yes really)

anywho...I made first contact with the people of Wonder-con, and I'm lining us up a table for that as well. (just need to fill out the request and get it in asap)

21. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey there. I am still trying to light a fire under the guy's arse to get the banner done in time.

I will bring the coins, and other stuff as well. I am trying to make up some stickers to give out as well.

Still working on things, but something has gone down at work atm and I'm not able to get online as much.
  22. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we need to make like a master list of things people need to bring or do
  23. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    I remeber AJ saying he could bring a little tv... I can bring my ps2 and various Star Wars games to have at our table

if someone has that Lego Star Wars can you bring that too?
  24. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I've got Lego Star Wars.

Plus I'll bring my portable DVD player as well.

Since the PR peeps are sending me stuff they might send us some trailers as well, not sure, but it does help draw people to the table as well.
  25. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Coolness.... Ill bring Starwoids and the toy commercials for viewing enjoyment
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.