Sac-Con @ Scottish Rite in June

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by TaintedJedi, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The next Sacramento show is

SUNDAY, June 13, 2004
    Scottish Rite Center
    6151 H Street (across from CSUS)
    10am - 4pm
    (Admission $4.00)

I'm totally down for going again! And maybe this time I'll have my costume! ;) So yeah, who's going?
  2. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think Deadpool will make that Con again. I've been a few times now and found some good stuff each time. So I'm down.
  3. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i already know i'm going.
  4. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's already marked on my calendar. As usual, make sure to check the website for a $1 off coupon!

Ya know, these events are more predictable than our regular meetings and we tend to get more members showing up...interesting... Anyways, off to ponder that and other exciting thoughts while procrastinating on school work. :D
  5. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    As far as I know there are no conflicts in my schedule, so I'll probably be there. That way you all can see the Artoo plates in person ;)
  6. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    *topic bumping sound*

So yeah, do people want to go somewhere specific after the show for dinner? And Lord Vader, could I get a ride?

TJ
  7. Hand-Schaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    as far as I know, I along with the 501st will be there. would you like to establish a formal gettogether after the con like last time?? Perhaps if FreshChoice is old news we can think of somehting better...
  8. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Most definitely Brian! We can go to Fresh Choice again unless someone wants something different. I'm open to suggestions.
  9. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I think fresh choice is probably the best choice (no pun intended! ;P ) because it's one of the closest eateries near Scottish Rite that has a good selection and isn't fast food.

TJ
  10. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There is a Chevy's, El Torito, And TGI Fridays pretty close to there as well..

BTW, I had a mother's day dinner with a friend of my mom's. She has a son who is 9 and totally into SW. I'm thinking about trying to get them down to the Con.
  11. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay Okay... I'll try extra hard to make it too this one.... Sunday... better start now looking for someone to teach my class for me
  12. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awesome KR! We can always use new recruits. "It is useless to resist"
  13. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know at least a few of our members are members of the Rebel Legion. Robert and I have been working on getting the RL involved at this Con with the fundraising that the 501st usually does. This is what we have learned and what we would like to do:

Well I talked to Brian at 501st and found out some things,here they are:

For starters we should donate to the same charity as the 501st so there won't be a feeling of competition amongst groups.

We should also place our table in a different part of the building, for the same reasons.

We should also get a photo album going and of course flyers and don't forget music, If we don't have these things or more on the table than what is the point of having a table? I'll let you guys get the fyers going since you have access to other members where as I do not.

If we are to be guests and advertise our group then we should stive for a high standard in our behavior and of course our costumes. We should try to look as movie accurate as possable ( just like the 501st),we should also try and not have people in EU garb, I know that people want to be original and have red or blue tabards, but if it wasn't seen in the movies than we in the means of being proffesional shouldn't have it eather. this isn't intended for anyone, but as a group.

we should also be prepared for the fact that some people may not want to get their pics taken with us but with helmeted authentic looking imperials.

*We want this to be a real professional showing that might gain better publicity for "the good guys". For those in the RL, would you be willing to help man a table, bring some photos or props for the table, make flyers, or even bring a portable CD player for music?

14. hanc Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll Will be there.. if not come to my house and beat me up..
  15. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay... If we would like a scrap book of us I will make one, but here is the deal... It is your job to email or snail mail the pictures RIGHT AWAY!

I have a few from the dinner meeting in Sac.. but thats about all. I have a nice photo printer and have no problems printing them out... and I have an extra photo album or two that we can use.. and even maybe make a nice Star Wars cover for it.

I just got my nice Jedi boots today.! YAY!

IF you need to mail me the pics... PM me and I'll get you my address.

edit: I guess it should be a group discussion... so discuss it and let me know if you want me to make one! :p
  16. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The thing with the photo album (as with the photo ops at the con) it has to be all Rebel Legion. I don't think we should have pics of the SVRF meetings in it, just so we don't confuse people with the two groups. We could do a separate SVRF album, though.
  17. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    is the banner going to be Rebel Legion or SVRF? I don't feel like donnating money for a banner if its Rebel Legion and not us
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know there is a RL banner somewhere, it was used at WonderCon. I have already asked on the RL boards if anyone knows where it is. So, don't worry too much about that. I would like to print out flyers, but the file I have didn't print too great...maybe I'll juse make a new one.
  19. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Regarding Costumes... I *may* be able to get mine ready for this meet, but aside from the robe, I'm not going to have a whole lot else thats going to be 'professional canon quality'. I figured it's better coming dressed in the crocodile hunter shirt like i did last time tho.;-P

TJ

PS LDV, would I be able to bum a ride off you?
  20. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Is this a general comic convention? Will I be lynched for wearing a costume other than something Star Wars-related?
  21. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    It's a general event. so you can wear you're Josie and the Pusscats costume...it's ok.
  22. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I was thinking Sasuke from Naruto.
  23. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Are cosplayers usually at the Sac-Con? I don't want to be the only one. >_>
  24. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, there are usually at least a few. Including our friend from Channel 3 (Robert) and his sister.
  25. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm getting really excited about this, and so is the girlfriend. It's the first con for both of us. What can we expect? Lots of costumed geeks? Cool stuff to buy? How big is it?

*glee!*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.