Sac-Con @ Scottish Rite in June

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by TaintedJedi, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Slaps Joey.

Calm boy calm, it's not that big. How is this the first con for you? and you call yourself a geek?

*removes Geek Card until after Con.

You can have that back when you leave.

2. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oops! Robert pointed out to me that he is not a cosplayer, his sister is. Sorry about that.

And Joe, this is a very small event, a few vendors, mostly comic books, and the only real costumed presence are the 501st and Rebel Legion/FF people. Sometimes there are a few Anime-type people and they always have a room where they show anime films.

I have also just learned that the Rebel Legion will have a table at this event. If anyone has a portable CD-player Stereo we could borrow I'd really appreciate it. I will probably be manning the table all day unless there are enough people to relieve me.
  3. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, as a member of the Promotional/Media team for the next Line at the Chinese, I am going to be "working" all NorCal cons I can get to, to try and recruit more campers....So, I'll be there. With a stack of flyers and trying to enlist some assistance from all of you. (C'mon, you know you want to camp too!)
  4. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    This is my first con because A) Most are pretty far away and thus hard to get to and B) I've never had a group of geeks to go with.

I'll probably be the only anime cosplayer but I wanted an excuse to make a Sasuke costume so this is it. I'll look out of place with you guys but who cares. Jedi get along with ninjas all right.
  5. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "Jedi get along with ninjas all right."

Nope Jedi are a fussy bunch.
    "Don't get angry, no abuse of power, no booty calls. (which explains the uptightness)

Now the Sith we can kick it with some ninja's they're a sneaky lot like ourselves.

ya know I've had to pull LDV geek card once....hmmm I think I'm going to make actual cards...this could be really fun.

6. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's not a bad idea Pool. There can be places where you put a sticker or some insignia for all your affiliations (i.e. SVRF, 501st, RL) And your Geek card CAN and WILL be pulled if you show any behavior unbecoming of the geeks. ;)

Joe, we will celebrate your first step into a larger world at this con. And hopefully you can join us for dinner afterwards where we can toast your newfound geek-ness. :D
  7. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be at dinner, don't worry. :)

And Dead, these are GOOD ninjas. ;)
  8. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Good Ninja's are like Great White Boxers (fighters not underwear)....and Man friendly lesbians...no matter how much you wish it..they just don't exist in the real world.

*it should be noted that if you are a White Boxer or a Man Friendly Lesbian Deadpool Inc means no offence and if you happen to be a Great White Lesbian Boxer..don't hurt me.

Know anyone who can lamenate cards? I think the Geek cards should be waterproof.

9. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    They don't exist in the real world... they exist in the pages of manga and on the screen as animated characters. ;)
  10. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We're hoping to use the connection of Mary Franklin and Steve Sansweet to better the Line Experience this time. We're shooting for a big representation at ComicCon to recruit more line members....Anyone who wants to help work that too will be more than welcome.
  11. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    *sob* Im such a failure... Im going to be costumeless again more then likely... *sob* ...

*ahem*

So who plans on going to Sac Con? I took weekend of from work, so lets get some Rebel Scum plans cooking!!!

TJ
  12. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    failure is not an option for a man who can boogie on Dance Dance Revolution....*slap! Get it together man!!

I wont be in costume either....well I'll be wearing my Deadpool costume....but I wear that everyday.

*ahhhhh to be a legend in ones own mind...life is good.
  13. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you have a start on your costume?

I have a really easy cheat for the undertunic... as some already saw. I also have an extra robe, you may borrow. And depending on the size of your foot, My son wore his boots just for the shooting yesterday and they are too small for him.. they are a womens 10, you may also borrow them.

*cough* I'm hoping I can sell them *cough*

Actually... My son has the complete costume, that someone may borrow (restrictions apply :p )

14. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Shasha... but Im waaaay too huge for most loaned costumes. I have part of a saber built and had the money to buy a really primo cloak from some people in Texas, but I collapse and bought a 27" Phillips TV for 200 USD @ best buy. 'Sides, I might as well back up 'Poolio incognito.

As for the shoes, Im a size 13 Wide mens at the least... 14 would be much better.

Thanks for the thought tho!

TJ ^^v
  15. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You don't have to come in costume....well..unless you're Rebel Legion, then it's a must! ;) I will probably be recruiting Rebels to help me man the table, though I will be there all day. I'm hoping to bring a blank photo album and start putting together the Legion's album on-site. If you have pics you'd like to donate, bring them.

16. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    well i'm rebel legion. i planned on going in costume any way
  17. kovacs76 Jedi Padawan

I'm looking foreward to meeting all you guys there, hopefully we'll see some new faces and costumes.

Master Jedi
  18. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can help man the table.. I'm also rebel legion.
    ... IF I can get all the stickers out of my costume!
  19. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that's gotta be one of the trials to attaining Jedi Knighthood. You have just spent an entire day training in a field, now spend three hours in deep meditation pulling all the stickers out of your robes. Remember to have patience! ;)

20. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I have a pair of size 13 combat boots, yours for the asking T.J. *but the fine print: Must put and keep this in your sig for 3 months "Deadpool: A Legend in his own mind, coming soon to real time."

A small price to pay.
  21. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah what the hell... I'm already playing poolio's deco... i mean sidekick. So yeah.

Look at the sig, poolio.

But if you start calling me Weasel, I'll dropkick you in the head. :p

TJ
  22. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WEASEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [face_laugh]
  23. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i need to get my new boots dag nabbit
  24. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    *le sigh*

It's better then being T-Ray, I spose...

Why can't I ever be anyone kewl... like the taskmaster?

TJ
  25. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ahhh I like the new kid. He knows Weasel and T-Ray and Taskmaster (Which was almost my user name)

You cannot be PoolBoy that spots taken by Henry. However the Deadpool fanclub is seeking new membership...so you can be...hey what was the name of the old blind lady he held hostage? kidding.

You can be simply "NEW KID" or "THE BOOGIE KNIGHT" (for your D.D.R skillz)

*Edit: Oh you can wait till you ge the boots to addthe sig. never know what if they don't fit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.